Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156013 01/14/10 05:51 PM
N
Namwen Offline
N
I know craig is making the best hand with what he was delt. Can we wait until after the tournament before we all start slinging mud?

Now to change the subject....

Chaparral Kids has 9 entries
Novice - 4
6u 43
6u 52
8u 61
10u 90

Open - 5
8u 61
8u 100
10u 85
10u 110
10u 130

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Crash99] #156018 01/14/10 06:05 PM
R
R. Barnett Offline
R
This is my first post to a Forum, so bear with me. I am the President of the Winfield Club, however; this post is from me personally. I first of all want to thank everyone that is supporting our tournament!!!!! Without all of your loyalty, our club doesn't exist and the kids don't get better. I've viewed many forums and have seen many of the contentious conversations and just have to laugh sometimes, as I'm sure we all do when looking back on past conversations. I had to give my input on this one though. I have personally received calls from Mrs. Gash and Mr. Allen and Mr. Xanders from Derby and I can assure you all that "Derby Wrestling Club" is not the one putting on the Sprawls. Yes, some of their leaders are helping organize it and yes some of their kids are going to Sprawls, and yes some of the kids are coming to Winfield, but at the end of the day, we need to focus on the fact that there will be more than 1,000 kids wrestling within a 75 mile radius this weekend.
As I mentioned earlier, Winfield is SO THANKFUL and HUMBLED by so many clubs showing their loyalty to our tournament. It is going to be a GREAT weekend for tremendous competition and I hope you all travel safely to come see us on Saturday morning. I also hope we can follow the long string of great tournaments that have been put on so far this season. Remember, we are not holding any weigh in on Saturday, whatsoever. Please keep in mind that "This is truly about the kids, right?"

Rob Barnett

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Crash99] #156029 01/14/10 07:20 PM
A
awrestlersmom Offline
A
I have 3 boys who will be attending Sprawls Nationals that are in dire need of a coach. Our original coach has changed tournaments. Is there anyone willing to help? I have a Novice 8U/64, Open 10U/76 and Open 12U/92. You can email me or post on here. Nursetogo2001@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156033 01/14/10 07:23 PM
BRING IT ON! Offline
Highcrotch??? Are you new to the wrestling community? Or are you hiding behind a new name so know one knows who you are?? You say a Derby wrestler is featured in a picture on the web site?? He's not where a green singlet so how would you know he's from derby? Sounds to me like your just a hater who has nothing else to do but bash people on a kids wrestling talk forum. I believe the rule on this forum is if you bash people and or tournaments etc. you are to post your name. Will you do that or hide behind ur computer??

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156036 01/14/10 07:34 PM
H
hartley5 Offline
H
High Crotch you ask a lot of questions that honestly do NOT even matter. Hopefully both Winfield and Sprawl will be successful and next year on different dates so that people dont have to choose. Remember that ths most important thing is that the kids get to wrestle, who cares where a tournament is getting mats from. I am sure every tournament has to make changes but your not calling every one of them out.
-Sarah Hartley

Ryan Hartley
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: awrestlersmom] #156038 01/14/10 07:46 PM
N
Namwen Offline
N
we will have to coaches there and I am certain that there are others that will jump in and help out.

Justin
Chapparal Kids

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: hartley5] #156040 01/14/10 08:02 PM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
I’m just upset how this whole thing has been handled.
Kansas needs a tournament like this and with all the shady stuff that has went on it just hurts Ks wrestling as a whole.

BRINGITON:
You state the rules of this talk forum but they don’t apply.
How can you ask me to honor the rules when no one else does?
I am new to this talk forum but I am no way new to wrestling.
I will choose to keep my name to myself because these are my opinions and not those of my son or my club.

I know the boy in the picture because my son has had to wrestle that boy. And I would like to give credit where its due, that kid is an amazing wrestler. You could put him in a pink singlet and I would know who he is. He has throttled my kid on many occasions! And yet, we still travel to the Wichita area almost every weekend to take our shot at little studs like that!

So, I will let this topic slide on by and just be THANKFUL that I will be spending my weekend in Winfield.
Good Luck to ALL the wrestlers!
Be Safe!

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Namwen] #156055 01/14/10 09:10 PM
A
awrestlersmom Offline
A
Thank you! I will look you up at the tournament. We are Salina wrestlers. Just so you know who to look for! LOL.
Thanks again.

Alana

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156056 01/14/10 09:13 PM
D
dagwood Offline
D
I have only one question. Why after sending an email followed by a telephone call that we could not make this new date did our check that we wrote in November post to my bank account on Tuesday?

Darren Newton
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: awrestlersmom] #156057 01/14/10 09:25 PM
N
Namwen Offline
N
you will see us.. Black shirts with a big yellow C...

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Namwen] #156066 01/14/10 10:14 PM
WOOD_WON Offline
Hey highcrotch,
The picture of the wrestler is not Landon Wood and I know of no other kids in Kansas that wear PINK.

Jason Wood

"Champions rise during the week not the weekend"
Jason Wood
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: WOOD_WON] #156067 01/14/10 10:32 PM
Beeson Offline
The Wrestler he is referring to is Tyler Allen from Derby. That may have been why Highcrotch thought that the Derby Club was running this tournament.

Last edited by Beeson; 01/14/10 10:35 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Beeson] #156068 01/14/10 10:48 PM
B
Bones1768 Offline
B
My son sometimes wears a white singlet with pink trim in honor of his step grandmother who is a thirty year breast cancer survivor. On the front is says Pink the color of courage.

Pretty cool if I say so.

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156069 01/14/10 11:06 PM
M
Mixitup Offline
M
Mr or Mrs Highcrotch?

Let me first start off by informing you that yes I am with 316 Productions.."Big Secret" You busted me your a quick one, what was your name again?? I was formerly the owner and Promoter of Havic Prizefighting Promotions. We got the best fighters from all over and put on the biggest and best and most successful 'MMA' Cagefights in Kansas and possibly the Midwest. I was then asked to be a part of 316 Productions, who's only goal is focusing on youth sports and youth sporting events in Ks. I gladly accepted as I have athletes for kids myself and after a lot of input and desire started focusing on youth wrestling tournaments in Ks. We have people who understand that our State and more importantly our KIDS do deserve to have a tournament that this COULD be in there own backyards and support it to the fullest.

Then we have the people like you who want to try and tear down and divide and cause tension and run there mouth behind posts and stir stuff up between us and clubs for whatever reason when someone steps up and is trying to truly better the youth sports here for the KIDS, and you try and knock us down? We understand that this is the first tournament and were going to take our lumps and every year hopefully less lumps and more kids and keep it going and growing and build this to what it could and will be. Come back next year with a date that dosent step on anyones toes and have all the clubs support. So im glad your THANKFUL to be in Winfield this weekend and glad you are supporting them. So did our club, and yes im with DWC. We unfortunately had to slide our date back and had to match it up with the Arena's available dates and thats the card we were delt with for this year. As Winfield stated Mr Allen and Mr Gash have reached out to them numerous times showing support to them and there tournament...So we are not intentionally trying to "hurt" any club or have a conflict with them. That is simply created and brought forth by people like you.

And yes if its any of your business anyone that asked for a refund was refunded and all our sponsors back us and will continue to as well as only gain more.

Juan Eldridge..AKA Mr Mafia
316 Productions

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: dagwood] #156070 01/14/10 11:09 PM
M
Mixitup Offline
M
And Dagwood contact Russ he is in charge of refunds and will get you taken care of if you have an issue.

316-207-5495

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: Mixitup] #156089 01/15/10 04:15 AM
BLT Offline
Just a personal note...
Juan Eldridge does alot for Derby youth sports as well as Haysville youth sports.
I know this whole thing has not gone as smooth as they would of wished but like someone said before, lets wait to see how it goes before you cast stones!!!

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: BLT] #156152 01/15/10 04:01 PM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
Wow,
That wasn't so hard now was it? When you guys step out into the light people will be more likely to support you or at least feel sorry for you. But all the shadow games and shadiness you guys have shown has cast a dark cloud over this tournament. Kansas (more so Wichita) needs a National level tournament. But, with the way this thing has been handled I doubt this will ever take off like you wanted it to.
I hope that with the Classic moving to Hartman we will finally get that level of tournament.

Oh and one more thing...
Wrestling tournaments are not MMA shows. We don’t have ring girls and all the other blah blah blah.
I have never heard of Havic Prize Fighting! What, you think that you are Roller Productions?
You said you were the biggest in Kansas and the Midwest???
When I Google around all I seem to find is HIGHROLLER PRODUCTIONS!!!
Hmmmmmmmm, Maybe you should stick to MMA???

Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156171 01/15/10 04:51 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
I asked for a refund & they called me & asked if i wanted my check back or tore up. I got a fast response & it was taken care of. I dont really understand why some of you are talking trash on these people. They are trying to get a national tourny started in kansas. No name posting is not worth reading. Posting negitive comments about other people with no name is spineless. Be a man (or woman) not a nameless coward.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: luellen] #156176 01/15/10 05:05 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
SUGGESTIONS, NOT COMPLAINTS, PLEASE.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Sprawl Nationals [Re: highcrotch] #156179 01/15/10 05:12 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: highcrotch

When I Google around all I seem to find is HIGHROLLER PRODUCTIONS!!!

were you at the first roller production?
-if no please, BACK OFF
how did it run?
-i know it wasn't smooth, ask jack roller!
what tournament do you put on?
-maybe we can all come and take notes
SPRAWL not your thing?
-then stick to local stuff, nationals aren't always so smooth, and they certainly cost more $$$
can't say anything nice?
- then don't say anything at all!!!

if you don't want to go to sprawl, don't

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 123 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)