Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sprawl Nationals Entries #156095 01/15/10 12:50 PM
S
schmackdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone else find it odd that entries are not posted for the Sprawl Nationals? 5 emails sent to the tournament director/team have gone unanswered. We simply want to know the level of competition size of bracket before traveling a long distance. Is anyone else experiencing a lack of response?

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: schmackdaddy] #156096 01/15/10 01:00 PM
B
Benelli Offline
B
No. I don't find it odd. Did they state somewhere that the would release them early??

Why is it so important to know?? Are you not gonna travel the long distance if the bracket is not to your satisfaction??

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156099 01/15/10 01:11 PM
S
schmackdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
With the tournament being cancelled once due to low entries and with the tournament team stating in an email that they would be posting the entries after the deadline I simply want to make sure that there is enough of a bracket. We signed up for two tournaments due to this tournament cancelling once before. And now you add the delay in the posting of entries it just seems odd considering every other tournament posts entries prior to the tournament.

At this age it is about the mat time and the competition.

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: schmackdaddy] #156100 01/15/10 01:15 PM
B
Benelli Offline
B
Originally Posted By: schmackdaddy
it just seems odd considering every other tournament posts entries prior to the tournament.

Really?? They do??

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156102 01/15/10 01:17 PM
S
schmackdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Every tournament we have been to this year has posted their entries. Really they do...

All Roller events, Park Hill, Big Horn, Dixie, USJOC, AAU Nationals and even the majority of local tournaments in Missouri.

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156103 01/15/10 01:17 PM
B
Benelli Offline
B
I've never understood why that is expected???

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156107 01/15/10 01:23 PM
S
schmackdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The expectation is set by the fact that most tournaments do it. With that being said viewing entries does not matter it is just nice to see so for us no expectation either way. However, with a tournament that has been cancelled and has been slammed on this board understanding the competition and the size of the bracket is important when you travel 3 hours.

Thanks for the replies!

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156110 01/15/10 01:27 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Benelli

Me either! If you don't like how they run their tournament then simply choose another.

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: sportsfan02] #156112 01/15/10 01:30 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

Me either! If you don't like how they run their tournament then simply choose another.

Good call! That's exactly what we did.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: schmackdaddy] #156113 01/15/10 01:33 PM
B
Benelli Offline
B
Every tournament we have been to this year has posted their entries. Really they do...

All Roller events, Park Hill, Big Horn, Dixie, USJOC, AAU Nationals and even the majority of local tournaments in Missouri.

Oh.....those are out of our league!! We just small time. You show up Saturday morning and get to see the brackets on the wall!!

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156118 01/15/10 01:40 PM
in it to win it Offline
Actually the tournaments that choose to use trackwrestling can open the data up to public view after entry deadline. OK has some type of computer entry software in which you can get an idea of the size/strength of your bracket. MO teams generally will post them as well prior to Saturday.

Not asking for the bracket & match numbers ---just the size & strength of competition.

In it to win it.
Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156120 01/15/10 01:44 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S

Oh.....those are out of our league!! We just small time. You show up Saturday morning and get to see the brackets on the wall!!

Does anyone attending those tournaments doubt there being competition at any one age/weight? Seems to me when you enter any of those listed you know there will be more than a round-robin bracket?

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: in it to win it] #156121 01/15/10 01:44 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
Wow! i see you all just go around this forum and complain about everybodys post not just mine. You all need to get a life my goodness.

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Benelli] #156123 01/15/10 01:53 PM
N
Namwen Offline
N
Who really cares who the entries are??? If you are signed up to go, GO! If everyone that did not like the way their bracket was set up then a lot of tourneys would lose people that have to "drive several hours". And yes, I know I am going to get pounced on with somemone saying that it is not about the drive but the competition and how they could have gone to another tournament. But why? I myself have made a few trips to OKC leaving the house at 3 in the morning to get to the tourney only to find out that it's a best 2 out of 3. So what! my kid(s) wanted to go to that tournament and that is what it is all about. With people so worried about who is going and how many and are thinking of backing out at the last minute, what is that doing to the kids that are still going? How bad does that mess up their brackets. How many kids weight classes will that affect by having to combine weights? Especially ones not showing up or calling to say they are scratching. How much extra time and effort are people planning on dumping on these people that are doing everything they can at this point. Even if this is not a huge tournament who really cares the day before? Maybe the people putting it on are going to bend over backwards to make it the best they can with what is happening/going on. And no I have no ties with the poeple putting this tournament on but I know how much work it takes into putting one on. For all anyone knows the sprawls might be the best tournament we go to all year. I just honestly think that people should ease up a bit until after the event happens. Then whoop and holler all you want about it but I do think that we all should at least give it a chance!

Justin

Re: Sprawl Nationals Entries [Re: Namwen] #156130 01/15/10 02:50 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
we can settle this in the backyard if we have to. there's no weight classes. if it's still not decided after wrestling, we can put on the boxing gloves.

no hospitality room either, byob. that's how we roll.

i love this stuff too, but usually keep the subject to wrestling.

if you want to know who's in the bracket find out, if you can't oh well. if you don't care then don't care to yourself. what does it matter to all of you, if schmackdad want to know.

REMEMBER THESE SHOULD BE VIEWED AS SUGGESTIONS FOR CORRECTIONS.
NOT COMPLAINTS.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)