Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Check this out! #157297 01/24/10 01:28 AM
R
RYLANT Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey SEK Jr Comets will be hosting a tournament in Chanute on Feb 13th. Even though this tourney is in Chanute we are a totally different Club than the club that hosted the Woods Classic. Here are some of the incentives to come to South East Kansas for some great competition.

* Not overcrowded- We are cutting off at 400 to allow for a pleasurable day.

*Full COACHES lounge with hot wings, pulled pork,baked potato bar, desserts etc. In a nice room away from the crowd for a nice break. Availible for all coaches who have current coaches card in hand.

*Large Custom Team trophies for each age division.

*Outstanding wrestler award for each age division

*Fastest Pin award for each age division

*Sportshmenship/Outstanding wrestler award for each age division, anyone can win this award win or lose based on sportsmanship!

*Very nice heavy metals with nice printed lanyards attatched.

*Plenty of mat space for each age and weight!

*Full concession stand

*Fredonia representative here to weigh in for Fredonia tournament

*We already have some great competition signed up!

*See flyer for entry information or call Joey Clark at 620-432-1702 if you need any additional information

If you are looking for some great competition and a fun day of tough wrestling please join us on Feb 13, in Chanute at the gym that is located at the site of the old High School.

Last edited by RYLANT; 01/24/10 03:59 PM.
Re: Check this out! [Re: RYLANT] #157409 01/24/10 06:22 PM
R
RYLANT Offline OP
OP Offline
R
WE added some new info to this post! thanks

Re: Check this out! [Re: RYLANT] #157590 01/25/10 08:29 PM
C
clarkmom Offline
C
We are still needing table workers for this tournament. If your club is interested, send me a message. There will be a donation back to your club for every 3 adults that volunteer. We will try to get you the table with the age group that you want, but it is not guaranteed. First come, first serve.

Re: Check this out! [Re: clarkmom] #157928 01/27/10 07:25 PM
sekjrcometscoach Offline
bump

Re: Check this out! [Re: sekjrcometscoach] #157937 01/27/10 08:29 PM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
Wow,
It looks like your tournament has all the bells and whistles...
Well except maybe table workers and competition!
I think at this time of year you have to go where all the competition is and thats either Hutch, Haysville, or maybe Lenexa!!!
With you limiting to only 400 kids all the BIG competition will be going to the bigger tournaments to get ready for state.
To me that is more important then pulled pork sandwiches and a potato bar.

Again, this is just my opinion!

Re: Check this out! [Re: highcrotch] #157946 01/27/10 10:01 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
soooooooooo............... highcrotch is from district 2, and thinks all the competition is in the wichita area. try it out mr. highcrotch see what you get.

i mean why would you make such a negative post. tell you what bring your best 10 and i will match them up, with 10 at equal age and weights. i bet my team goes 8-2.

again that just MY opinion. stay in your little box. again just my opinion on where you live. if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. again just my opinion on how you should live. WOW, IS EXACTLY RIGHT. WHAT A TOOL.

NO OFFENSE/ JUST MY OPINION.

Last edited by HEADUP; 01/27/10 10:02 PM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Check this out! [Re: HEADUP] #157954 01/27/10 10:34 PM
J
Jordons mom Offline
J
Guess the tournament will speak for itself. Just from the club hosting alone, there are quite a few state champions and placers

Michelle Bellesine

"ALMOST DOESN'T COUNT"
Re: Check this out! [Re: Jordons mom] #157970 01/28/10 12:35 AM
R
RYLANT Offline OP
OP Offline
R
In response to Mr highcrotch, I have read your other forums and you haven't had very many nice things to say about anyone's tournament so far so I wouldn't expect you to start with ours! I would love to know who you are so that by the far chance you would show up to chalange headup we can blackball you from the hospitality room! LOL! No seriously we feel that knowing your limits and cutting off at 400 is the responsible thing too do! We want everyone to have a fun enjoyable day of wrestling, not another 14 he's in-between matches in an overcrowded gym. We r offering the hospitality room to thank all of the wonderful coaches who dedicate their time for these kids! Besides, have u ever heard of quality not quantity!

Re: Check this out! [Re: RYLANT] #157980 01/28/10 01:58 AM
in it to win it Offline
Knowing the group hosting the tournament this is going to be a fine quality tournament in every aspect!

There will be some intensely competitive matches through the day. The awards are great for the kids offering both sportsmanship & outstanding wrestler as well as the opportunity to compete as a team.

Feb. 13th will be here before we know it.

In it to win it.
Re: Check this out! [Re: RYLANT] #157988 01/28/10 02:25 AM
890 Offline
It sounds like you have things pretty well lined up for tournament and I am looking forward to have my son wrestle in it. As someone who helped with putting on the Woods Clasic in Chanute, I can tell you it is not easy to be able to please everyone. We had intended on cutting ours off at 400 kids, but you really hate to say no to kids when they want to be out there wrestling instead of sitting home playing video games. After all this is suppose to be about the kids. I recieved quite a few compliments on how well it went. We do learn from our mistakes and will be using two gyms next year and have a plan in place to take care of concessions. I wish you the best of luck on your tournamnt, because like I said this is all about the kids.

Re: Check this out! [Re: 890] #158008 01/28/10 05:08 AM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
I really wasn't trying to dog this tournament. I know that my very mater of fact way of saying things gets me into trouble sometimes but that's just who I am.
Sounds like you guys have went through this fourm and found everything that people are looking for in a tournament and have tried to take care of those needs and wants. Maybe I should of said that its too bad that you are only taking that many kids cause then it might of been the best tournament of the year.
But I still stand behind the core of my comment that this time of year you have to go where the competition is.
I've never said never went on other post and said which district is the best for competition like other people have.
I'm just saying go where the numbers are to get ready for state.
By the way...
What district is Lenexa

Re: Check this out! [Re: RYLANT] #158009 01/28/10 06:02 AM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: RYLANT

*Full COACHES lounge with hot wings, pulled pork,baked potato bar, desserts etc. In a nice room away from the crowd for a nice break. Availible for all coaches who have current coaches card in hand.

Ummmm, Do you think my club would get upset if I stepped away from our tournament for a "long lunch"? Probably so!
Hot wings, pulled pork, baked potato bar, and dessert!
Now your talking my language!

Good Luck to ALL the tournaments on Feb 13th!

Re: Check this out! [Re: highcrotch] #158011 01/28/10 12:14 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: highcrotch
I really wasn't trying to dog this tournament. I know that my very mater of fact way of saying things gets me into trouble sometimes but that's just who I am.

But I still stand behind the core of my comment that this time of year you have to go where the competition is.

I'm just saying go where the numbers are to get ready for state.

i'm very matter of fact too, and can promise tough competition at every age and weight.

highcrotch my grandaddy always said if you want to see how good you are get out of your own back yard.

sorry my friend but going where the numbers are and where the competition is can be two very different things. if you think that the only tough wrestlers in the state hang out in the two most populated areas, you are in for a rude awakening. we usually try to cover the state as much as we can to find that competition.

you might be a pretty smart person but your ignorant, uninformed thoughts and mouth seem to cloud any sign of intelligence. i wasn't trying to dog you, but i just am very matter of fact.

Re: Check this out! [Re: HEADUP] #158024 01/28/10 02:38 PM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
HEADUP

I agree with your grandaddy.
We have already spent the whole season traveling all over the state to get our tail whipped by the best around. Maybe not Western Kansas as much as we would like but we hope that's what Salina or Maize or Hutch or maybe Haysville will help us see more of.
We always get out of our back yard.
We drove all the way down to Ark City and Derby.
We decided kind of last min to make that boring trip down Highway 69 to wrestle and support Frontenac.
I wish we would of went to the Little Apple Classic but did Bishop Carrol instead. We wrestle up in weight and a few times even tried to double dip.

Ignorant • I rather think of as arrogant
My Mouth • Ok I agree
Uninformed • I guess we just have to agree to disagree

At THIS TIME OF YEAR we think its most important to find the BIGGEST and TOUGHEST tournaments to get the best brackets we can.

If you disagree then that's your right.
That's just our uninformed plan this year.

Re: Check this out! [Re: highcrotch] #158033 01/28/10 03:17 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
ignorant: being uninformed- the fact that you feel you have all the answers, but clearly don't

arrogance: fading, because you tried to retract your first statement

mouth: definitley out of line, not the first time you have tried to "disrupt" a tournament.

uninformed: jumping to conclusions about something,

agree: about competition (somewhat) it's everywhere you just have to go get it, no matter what time of year it is. we rarely go to local tournaments, because we are looking for competition. yet we have NEVER tried to HURT the tournament OR BELITTLE the competition, it's KIDS wrestling.

disagree: go get the biggest bracket, go get your tail whipped, leave the attitude at home. i don't have a plan, i just don't like smart mouthed people, and don't have a problem trying to shut their arrogant mouths, because that's my right.

final point: if you don't care to go to the tourney then don't, but don't bash those trying to put on a good tournament , simply because you don't approve. see you at subs/district/ and state, good luck.

Re: Check this out! [Re: HEADUP] #158051 01/28/10 04:52 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
Well well well mr.highcrotch if you think your tough or your club is tough i will agree with mr headsup. Bring your kids to pittsburg wrestling clubs tournament on Feb. 6th. We have quite a few quality wrwstlers down here in sek and i bet best of ten we win! Or take yourself and kids where the numbers are and hope those people that say all the good wrestlers are in the north and the west are correct. I just wish i knew what weight your kids wrestled at and age. Cause you fellows over there dont have a clue whats in sek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Check this out! [Re: matman1976] #158065 01/28/10 06:13 PM
W
win by pin Offline
W
hey highcrotch what age and weight is your kid. we might be able to set somthing up for ya

Re: Check this out! [Re: win by pin] #158069 01/28/10 06:21 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
I agree run your mouth about how tough they are i just thimk they talk well my boy wrestles 8under 95 would love to have a match!

Re: Check this out! [Re: matman1976] #158071 01/28/10 06:38 PM
REVOLUTION Offline
This looks like a nice change from the normal money grab kids tournament. Looks as though the hosts are going out of their way to please everyone. I hope they have a successfull meet and it all works out well for them.
I don't have a clue why, if you are not planning to attend, you would even comment on this post.
I hope High Crotch's boy wins state so he has no egg on his face!
If you can't be possitive get off the site. There is no place in KIDS wrestling for this type of behavior.
I would also hope that the little 8 year old boy is not devistated if he can't live up to Daddy's expectations.
My time is over in KIDS, but I have seen many kids ruined by this very type of thing!

COWBOY UP!
Re: Check this out! [Re: REVOLUTION] #158078 01/28/10 07:41 PM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
Where did I say my kid was a Beast.
Where did I say that the kids in SEK are not GREAT wrestlers.

All I said was that this looks like this club will have ALL the bells and whistles except for now they are lacking in table works and they are limiting the field to a smaller amount and that in turn will probably limit the numbers of BIG brackets that some of the other tournaments will probably have.
Which of those statements degrade this club or SEK wrestlers.

Ya maybe the way I said it could of used a little more tact but the message is still the same.

You all just like to jump on people that might have a different opinion then the status quo.

Now that Sportsfan has been violated in his privacy and been drug out into the open I guess this forum needs a new secret villan.
Oh well

Please post my quotes where I said any of the things listed above...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Burgess), 122 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,932
Posts250,363
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)