Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Derby vs Salina South #159984 02/12/10 02:50 PM
Gary Seibel Offline OP
OP Offline
FINAL SCORE
SALINA SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL 15.00
DERBY 46.00

VARSITY

103 JAVIER VIEYRA (SALINA) DEC 4-0 MARROW (DERBY)
112 LE (DERBY) PIN 1.24 HAI PHAM (SALINA)
119 BLAINE SMITH (SALINA) DEC 6-2 HARRINGTON (DERBY)
125 STEVEN PLOTT (SALINA) DEC 4-3 HEINECKER (DERBY)
130 MCCOMB (DERBY) PIN .42 TYLER ROWSON (SALINA)
135 SASHER (DERBY) PIN 3.51 VICTOR RIVERA (SALINA)
140 TRENT HOOVER (SALINA) DEC OT-UTB 1-0 LITTLE (DERBY)
145 SHAVLIK (DERBY) PIN 1.59 JAKE RYALS (SALINA)
152 BRANDON EASTIN (SALINA) DEC 9-5 KUIPERS (DERBY)
160 WHITTIT (DERBY) DEC 9-10 TAYLOR ANDERSON (SALINA)
171 CHAVEZ (DERBY) MD 1-14 BRADY MUNSCH (SALINA)
189 CARPENTER (DERBY) MD 1-12 MIKE SHIRK (SALINA)
215 MARLATT (DERBY) TF 1-17 ESTEFAN SUAREZ (SALINA)
285 ANDERSON (DERBY) PIN 2.48 DREW PILGRIM (SALINA)

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Gary Seibel] #159985 02/12/10 02:53 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Hoover over Little hit my AC rankings...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Chief Renegade] #159994 02/12/10 04:00 PM
Gary Seibel Offline OP
OP Offline
Always glad to add to your confusion:) It adds to the spice of this board and let the lobbying begin!!

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Chief Renegade] #159995 02/12/10 04:06 PM
B
back in the day Offline
B
Hoover over Little makes 5a 140 even more complicated. A lot of good wrestlers in that weight class.
On any give day they can beat anyone. I gues that is why they wrestle!

The older I get the better I was!
Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Chief Renegade] #159996 02/12/10 04:08 PM
Standing_up Offline
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

I'm not one to complain about refs, but it certainly wasnt because Hoover out wrestled Little. Its tough to win when your wrestling your opponent and the blatant favoritism of the ref at the same time.

D. Moon

"It's not easy being a mom. If it were easy, dads would do it."
Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Standing_up] #159997 02/12/10 04:16 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Standing_up

I'm not one to complain about refs, but it certainly wasnt because Hoover out wrestled Little. Its tough to win when your wrestling your opponent and the blatant favoritism of the ref at the same time.

Ref or not, it was close either way.

Eric Johnson

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Chief Renegade] #159999 02/12/10 04:33 PM
Standing_up Offline

not really, if you were there u would be shaking your head going wow, could you be anymore blatant about the calls. I would have liked to have watched a good match where the boys got to wrestle.

D. Moon

"It's not easy being a mom. If it were easy, dads would do it."
Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Standing_up] #160010 02/12/10 06:16 PM
S
SKWCBOOMER Offline
S
Wow, Standing Up I am sorry you feel that way.. I was there sitting on the 1st row matside..And what I saw was a "Great match" between two warriors who didnt want to loose.. In every match there are going to be calls that not everyone agrees with. But keep in mind a couple of things; 1. The dual was in Derby not Salina and 2. The score was 0-0 going into the Ultimate tiebreaker.. Both wrestlers had their chances at all 3 positions (nuetral,bottom & top).. Dont take away from away great match just because the outcome was not to your liking..

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: SKWCBOOMER] #160027 02/12/10 11:22 PM
F
Full Contact Offline
F
SKWCBOOMER - It was a great match as many are - that much is true. There are close calls, questionable calls and also blown calls. I take nothing away from the SS wrestler but in all my years associated with the sport (as a participant, kids coach, HS coach, official and spectator) I have never seen a worse call or non-call than that one. In the tie-breaker of an overtime match to have two wrestlers on their feet facing each other (one with a bear-hug that is slipping away and the other working to finish their already neutral seperation) to call a stalemate at that juncture with 7 seconds remaining is horrible, horrible officiating. I have never seen that call made in over 35 years associated with the sport. Also, if you only knew this refs. history with Derby you might understand the frustration spilling over to anger. Location is not an issue here as this duel could have taken place in East Germany and with this particular official 99 of 100 questionable calls will not go in Derby's favor. Sadly enough this particular biased official seems to enjoy robbing those kids of a hard earned victory. It's really a disgrace to the sport to watch. Most good officials (and there are many) aren't even noticed throughout their work - but this one seems to seek the spotlight and thinks it's all about him. Just watch how much he loves giving warnings to coaches at the scorer's table - and he gives a lot of them because his calls are questioned all the time. If you were matside then perhaps you saw this official smiling as he was being booed (typical of him). Again, the SS kid is a good kid, a great wrestler and wrestled a great match. But even among the competitive friendly chirping going on between the SS and Derby fans in the stands - 1 of the SS parents looked over and stated - in all honesty - that should have been an escape point for Derby. Props to him for noting that as he must understand the sport much more than the official. Match is over, water is under the bridge - but these kids know when that official is on the mat they have to work extra hard to defeat two opponents. I don't post often and I'm not a banter junkie on here but I had to weigh-in on this one. Best wishes to SS the rest of the way. As for this official - he should have retired about three years ago.

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Full Contact] #160029 02/12/10 11:48 PM
djackson Offline
I bet someone got it on tape. Post the link and let the debate begin. laugh

Don Jackson
Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Standing_up] #160037 02/13/10 12:59 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C

not really, if you were there u would be shaking your head going wow, could you be anymore blatant about the calls. I would have liked to have watched a good match where the boys got to wrestle.

0-0 the whole match and it wasn't close???

Eric Johnson

Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: Chief Renegade] #160064 02/13/10 05:14 AM
bigfatwrestler Offline
i was also sitting matside and i completely agree with SKWCBOOMER. i dont know why your trying to say that he barley had a bearhug and little was slipping out of it to gain his 1 point when clearly trent could of just kept that bearhug and stalled out the rest of the match.

i thought it was the correct call. It didnt look like little was about to go anywhere so he stopped the match with 7 seconds left to give him another chance. it was a great match by both wrestlers, but lets not go into the whole getting ripped off thing when there was no deciding calls to throw the match away on anyway. it was close the whole match and it was apparent that Hoover out wrestled Little yestarday to come up with the victory.

Last edited by bigfatwrestler; 02/13/10 05:15 AM.
Re: Derby vs Salina South [Re: bigfatwrestler] #160073 02/13/10 04:13 PM
B
BigEd Offline
B
reffs were deffinantly an issue here. All though this was one of the most exciting matches of the night.. also other great matches were Plott vs Heincker and Smith Vs Harrington

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 165 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)