Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thank you to Haysville #160081 02/13/10 09:57 PM
Hossus Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the Haysville folks for allowing Nathan to wrestle at their tournament. Was nice to finally be able to wrestle in KS again in our own age group. Everything appeared to be going very well and the awards were sweet. Lots of kids with big smiles showing off their rings and medals. That's what it's all about.

Also a thanks to Charles King for stepping up and letting his boys wrestle with Nathan. Good mat time for everyone and we will be looking forward to seeing you again on Monday at the duals in Anthony.

Thanks again, Troy Fowler

Fortune assists the daring.
Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: Hossus] #160083 02/13/10 10:40 PM
D
dean70 Offline
D
I agree, Haysville ran a fun tournament. round robins relly help everybody get the mattime. Wish i personally could be in anthony on monday. but the boys will be there to wrestle Nathan. Good Job today Nate. Charlie King/Wichita Aztecas

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: dean70] #160093 02/14/10 12:22 AM
H
hartley5 Offline
H
Outstanding Wrestlers for the Haysville tournament are:

6u - Kael Pappan- Ark City
8u- Kale McCraken- Boos School
10u Dylan Newton - Gray County
12u Armond McCray- TOHK

Ryan Hartley
Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: hartley5] #160156 02/14/10 04:15 PM
M
MDP Offline
M
Where can I find the results? Will they be posted?

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: MDP] #160160 02/14/10 05:09 PM
68Miller Offline
Good Job Dylan Newton. Pretty impressive for an 8 Under wrestler. Also nice to see that he is always looking for better competition.

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: 68Miller] #160163 02/14/10 05:29 PM
BLT Offline
Results will be posted very soon.
I think they will spend today with the ones they love and then you should see them posted shortly after.

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: Hossus] #160167 02/14/10 06:30 PM
J
jerry davis Offline
J
I thought Haysville did great with what showed up. Hopefully next year they don't schedule the same weekend as another big tourney. The rings are great and my son cant wait to show it off to everyone.

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: jerry davis] #160170 02/14/10 07:26 PM
BLT Offline
Thank You for the nice comment.
We only had a few choices on weekends that the school would let us use. We didn't want to run up againest Hutch cause it can be a great tournament that we like to go to as well. We just wanted to put on the best tournament we could and give out great awards for great competition and get everyone the most mat time possible and still get out of there early. We are VERY proud of our Rings and Medals this year. We have had nothing but positive comments. There was rumors that our rings were plastic. But as you can see they are very nice quality and something we hope the kids will be very proud of and will bring them back next year.

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: BLT] #160242 02/15/10 12:16 PM
S
spladle Offline
S
we had a blast was in a four man bracket and still got good mat time and the medal he got he thinks is coolest one yet good job haysville look forward to next year and i finally got to see Dylan Newton wrestle what a monster

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: spladle] #160303 02/15/10 06:02 PM
BLT Offline
As I walked through the coach’s side of the mats I tried to get feedback and address issues as they came up and also took some great compliments and constructive criticisms. I wanted to list some and if you have any more comments or concerns please let me know.

Here is some of what I heard:

CONS

1. The most common was officials.
We tried to get the very best crew possible. There was a lot of other tournaments that weekend and we got the best we could. Our original head ref was unable to attend so he found Kenny Taylor to step up and fill in. Thank You Very Much Mr. Taylor. Also, Thank You to Steve Foster for stepping up and being our head ref.
2. Some people were confused about who would wrestle for the Ring and who would wrestle for just medals.
We thought it would be easier to bracket this but with less than 400 kids we were more concerned for mat time. So a lot more kids ended up wrestling for rings. We will review our process and try to make it more set in stone as long as we have the numbers.
3. No Hospitality Room!
This was a decision I personally regret but with the short day and the nice little intermission between sessions it was just something we felt we could leave out this year.
4. We also had a few printer issues for brackets. It did delay us for a while but I think everyone did get theirs. If not, let me know and we will take care of you!

PROS

1. Great Mat Space!
Everyone got to use 1/2 mats. This was a nice change to some other places that try to squeeze some kids onto 1/4 mats.
2. Great View of the Mats!
Not once did we have to get over the PA and tell people to get back in the stands. We did allow some people to get mat side and video the kids as long as they left enough space for safety. Always works out great!
3. Started both sessions on time and ended early!
This is something we hold very important! Four or five years ago this issue drove people away from us. As you can see over the last 3 years that this is no longer an issue for us.
4. Lots of Mat Time
The way we set up our brackets and the way we set up our age divisions allowed for A LOT of mat time and double dipping.
5. Plenty of different competition!
The numbers were not super high but we drew kids from all over different parts of Kansas and from some Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, and Nebraska!
6. Great Awards
We have tried different awards over the years (Trophies, Medals, Medals and Tee Shirts) and now our new style of medals and RINGS. We have had an awesome response! We think we have found something we really build on! Haysville: Home of the King of the Ring!

We are very proud of the way our tournament ran and we hope you will all be back next year.
If you have any more comments or concerns then we would love to hear them. It is your feedback that we listen to and use to make changes to improve our tournament.

Thank You ALL,
Lance Tracy
Team Haysville

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: BLT] #160313 02/15/10 06:24 PM
KMac Offline
BLT,
We enjoyed ourselves at your tourney. This is our 4th year wrestling and we had never attended Haysville prior to this weekend. We had heard some of the stories that you referred to (finished late, un-organized, etc), but our decision not to attend in the past was made based on the fact that our club normally takes a couple of weeks off in February to attend City League and Regionals to allow the kids the chance to watch the next level first hand. However, this year we chose to have our 8U wrestle since it was a split session and we were in and out of there in a little over 3 hrs, were part of a 5 man RR which allowed for 4 matches, and we still made it to the City League finals at Heights. The referees weren't the best that I have seen, but that can happen from time to time. All in all, we enjoyed our first trip to Haysville and plan to be back in the coming years.

Kevin McCracken
Boos' School Parent

Re: Thank you to Haysville [Re: KMac] #160368 02/15/10 09:53 PM
BLT Offline
Results Posted

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 95 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)