Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
District III seeding meeting and deadlines #162928 03/01/10 06:16 PM
L
Lance J. Engel Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Our sub-district seeding meetings will be held Sunday, March 7th at the VFW in Salina beginning at 9 am. We will meet first as a district and go over the seeding sheets to make any weight changes. Remember only weight changes are allowed, no add-ons. We will then break into our sub-districts and begin our seeding meetings. Once the seeding meetings start there will be no changes allowed. Only clerical errors made by the tournament directors can be changed. Make sure you are prepared. Please double check the weights and ages of your wrestlers.
This year with us using trackwrestling club directors will have to register your wrestlers online. You will still have to mail or in some way get your forms and entry money to the Sub-district hosts. Each club director will need a user id and password. The Sub-district hosts have emailed those to the club directors. At midnight March 3rd the availability to tournament entry access will be locked out. If you haven’t reached that deadline only the Sub-district tournament hosts will have access. Your entries, including the proper forms, (2010 USAW Kansas Kids State Folkstyle Qualifying Tournament Form), & (2010 USAW Kansas Kids State Walk-on Entry Form, if you have walk-ons) need to be received by the proper tournament hosts no later than March 3rd. This is set in our standing rules. To make the jobs of the hosting directors easier, send in your entries before the March 3rd deadline if possible. If you don't meet the deadline your wrestlers can't wrestle. Your 6 and under entrants who are not participating in the sub-district tournament but want to wrestle in the 6 and under championships should have their entries in by March 10th.
6 and under championships at the District: If your 6 and unders wrestle at the Sub-district tournament they will have to wrestle as 8 year olds. If they don't place there, or choose not to compete as 8, they can sign up for the 6 and under championships at the Sub-district or entries can be sent directly to the Disctrict tournament host. THEY CAN NOT WRESTLE IN BOTH AGE GROUPS AT DISTRICT!

Last edited by Lance J. Engel; 03/01/10 06:17 PM. Reason: add time

Lance J. Engel
Re: District III seeding meeting and deadlines [Re: Lance J. Engel] #162972 03/01/10 08:07 PM
GarateKids Offline
Originally Posted By: Lance J. Engel

6 and under championships at the District: If your 6 and unders wrestle at the Sub-district tournament they will have to wrestle as 8 year olds. If they don't place there, or choose not to compete as 8, they can sign up for the 6 and under championships at the Sub-district or entries can be sent directly to the Disctrict tournament host. THEY CAN NOT WRESTLE IN BOTH AGE GROUPS AT DISTRICT!

I dont Understand that part? is that reffering to the 6U state? if so i didnt know there are districts for that tournament!!

Carlos Garate
Re: District III seeding meeting and deadlines [Re: GarateKids] #162980 03/01/10 08:30 PM
L
OP Offline
L
This is not a qualifier for the 6 and under state held in Ottawa. This was offered before they started holding that tournament as a way for the 6 and under wrestlers to close out their season. Our District votes each year whether to continue with it or not. The young wrestlers seem to enjoy it. At the time we started doing it some of the other districts offered it.

Lance J. Engel
Re: District III seeding meeting and deadlines [Re: Lance J. Engel] #163240 03/02/10 07:22 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Bump

Lance J. Engel
Re: District III seeding meeting and deadlines [Re: Lance J. Engel] #163846 03/06/10 12:00 AM
L
OP Offline
L
bump

Lance J. Engel
Re: District III seeding meeting and deadlines [Re: Lance J. Engel] #164022 03/07/10 09:35 PM
O.C. Boys!!! Offline
I don't think that I understand. I have bumped my six year old up to 8U 64 lbs to wrestle at subs in order for him to have the chance to wrestle at State in Topeka. I have also signed him up for the 6u tourney in Ottowa. Are you saying that there is another state for six year olds or is this just internal through each district?

Jay O'Connell
"Show up, Dominate, Go Home!" - Dan Gable

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)