Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: RJSteele] #165345 03/15/10 08:07 AM
BLT Offline
This weekend at Wellington some smaller boys were wrestling and there was I assume a father yelling at his kid.
The was on his back and the dad goes...
GET OFF YOUR BACK
BEING ON YOUR BACK IS BAD
then he turns back and asked each person very quickly
being on your back is bad right
that's right isn't it
back is bad
ok ok
Then he turns back and yells to the wrestler...
YES
BEING ON YOUR BACK IS BAD
I just checked with your mom and being on your back IS BAD.

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: BLT] #165353 03/15/10 02:10 PM
B
back in the day Offline
B
6 under - little boy wrestling cute little girl. Boy had darling on her back. and suddenly he let her up. After the match when asked why he had let her up. "She asked me to" was his sincere reply.

The older I get the better I was!
Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: back in the day] #165357 03/15/10 03:27 PM
C
ctpmama Offline
C
At the Park City tournament a couple of weeks ago the cutest little guy was wrestling in the 37 lb bracket. Before he wrestled he got down on one knee closed his eyes and prayed right there on the mat! Cutest thing Ive ever seen! He did it again during the middle of the match when there was a question on a point. He won - (Think he placed 3rd)!!! Dont know who he was, but couldnt help but cheer for the little guy!

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: ctpmama] #165362 03/15/10 03:47 PM
Allie Offline
I'm pretty sure that kid is about to start WWIII on the thread... Getting the BIG GUY to intervene in a match!!! I'm pretty sure that's not legal! smile He should have started praying sooner - maybe he would've gotten 1st!!
That is cute though. Too bad you didn't have your video camera!

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: Allie] #165465 03/16/10 06:15 PM
A
andrewsmom Offline
A
Seen the little boy get down and pray....it was the cutest thing I seen all year.

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: RJSteele] #165468 03/16/10 07:22 PM
J
J.Butcher Offline
J
It was my sons first match of his novice year and he was so nervous. He went up agaisnt a tough kid and slammed him down at the end of the first period. The boy was crying and didn't want to go back out but after some pushing from the coach and his parents he got back out on the mat. They tied up and my son got on top, the other kid gave up went limp and layed there, my son didn't realize you have to stay on top to get a pin so he got up. My sons coaches, dad, me, his sister all we yelling lay back down on top of him hurry before he gets up. The cutiest and funniest match I have ever seen and by far my favorite and the one I will show all his girlfriends when I meet them.

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: J.Butcher] #165501 03/17/10 04:12 AM
KMac Offline
My son was a 1st yr wrestler (a 5 yr old wrestling for Bryce Hughbanks @ Maize). He was wrestling in only his 4th career tournament, but was in the Open Division at Tulsa Nationals. He still didn't understand how the scoring worked, but knew what he had been taught at practice. Anyway, he's on the back side of the bracket wrestling a Nebraska kid and winning by a comfortable margin late in the 3rd period, but looking like he's not very interested. The kid gets a bloody nose and they run injury time. My son walks over to Bryce and I in the corner with both hands behind his head and looking around not listening to anything that Bryce is telling him. Suddenly he looks over and sees the ref cleaning blood off the mat. He gets excited and asks, "Did I make him bleed? How did I do that?" The match continues and my son assumes the top position. He puts both hands behind his back and runs the Spinner drill from the kids' left hip around to his right hip and then back around to control in the top position. Bryce jumps out of his chair (cracking up) and says that is the funniest thing I've ever seen and that if all the Maize kids didn't win another match, that made it worth the trip. When my son came to the corner after shaking hands, Bryce asked why he did the spinner drill and he answered, "I wanted to score 2 more points."

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: KMac] #165505 03/17/10 12:25 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
cant remember where i heard this but someone was standing by the brackets at a tourny & a person standing beside them says, there sure is alot of werstlers with the last name Bye at this tournament.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: RJSteele] #165603 03/18/10 08:24 PM
2boyzwrstl Offline
During a wrestling practice a 5 yr old is wrestling live for one of the first times. He is absolutely exhausted and demoralized from the beating he is receiving. I walk to his side to provide some encouragement and some "belly down" advice. Time is called he rolls to his belly head down in his hands. I ask if he is alright,,, he replies after turning his head ever so slightly "I sure could use some chocolate milk".

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: Chewbac] #165604 03/18/10 08:55 PM
H
hwcmom Offline
H
Our club was working a table at the subs this past weekend when we had to call for a coach on matside. When the coach arrived the first thing he asked us is "What is his name?" We at the table had to compose ourselves. You could tell the coach did not usually coach this particular wrestler.

Regardless of his name, the boy won!!

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: hwcmom] #165688 03/19/10 05:20 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
The little guy that kneels and says a prayer is Jayden Fletcher for the JCWC's....we all get a kick out of him! He says he just asks to wrestle good! You should watch a little closer to see his face as he handshakes prior to the match! Too CUTE!
At the Salina Tournament his coaches told him to move off of his opponents hips...so he starts swinging back and forth, bach and forth...his coaches couldn't stop laughing...good thing it was the 3rd period! He placed 3rd at Salina also!

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: up4wrestling] #165772 03/21/10 02:37 AM
hotrodder54 Offline
Today after a really tough match while talking to the other wrestlers Dad from behind my son Yells "Hey Dad look Bryce knocked my tooth out" With tooth in hand we turn and look to see it. I look at the Dad and Say "I'll send you a bill" other Dad says "I don't even know a dentist, Well hope it was a baby tooth" It was thank god.

Only in wrestling can two competors Coach/Dads be so at ease with physical Harm.... Priceless

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.
Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: RJSteele] #165902 03/21/10 11:19 PM
4kids Offline
Okay got one for the aunts that don't know a thing about wrestling! During the district 3 tournament my son was in the finals we found out that his opponent was going to scratch due to injury. So of course we called family and friends to tell them he got first because the kid he was supposed to wrestle scratched. My sister calls and here is the way the conversation went. "Are you nervous?" "No, why?" "because you have to wrestle the kid that scratched you?" My son had to explain to her that the kid forfeited due to injury he suffered from subs in the finals with my him, so he automatically got first.

Re: funniest thing ever heard or happen @ tournament [Re: 4kids] #165918 03/22/10 12:22 AM
Paratroop Offline
I remember a local tournament about 4 or 5 years ago, when my son and I were standing matside during a match. We saw a kid on his back fighting not to get pinned. The coach for the wrestler on his back was screaming, "Save your energy for the backside!". We couldn't believe it! We still giggle about it and say it when we're wrestling each other!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 153 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)