Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: badbo] #164748 03/11/10 01:42 PM
WillyM Offline
A good evening of wrestling. Would like to have seen the score reversed!

Have to acknowledge the wrestlers from the North KCMO area (Park Hill HS, Lawson, Platte County) are truly at another level. Sometimes felt almost they were playing with their Kansas opponents.

Very good efforts by all wrestlers but want to especially acknowledge Kane Lovvorn from Holton and Tood Curtis from Gardner Edgerton. IN the Curtis-Breit match I think it boiled down to who was still breathing at the final buzzer. Maybe too many Big Macs and french fries after state.

Kudos to both referees. Best I have seen this year. Always had control and always in position. No running across the mat to make a call. Patient with action at the edge of the mat until it worked itself out. An approiate amount of stall cautions and calls. Down telling the wrestlers to improve. Good job!! Should get these two to put on some clinics for Kansas refs.

Next Year!!

Last edited by Contrarian; 03/11/10 01:44 PM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: WillyM] #164753 03/11/10 02:11 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Some observations... Great effort from our guys and a fun night as always.

112: I was surprised that Boyer didn't get bonus points here. The Ross kid is very tough but Boyer is a 12 pounder vs. 103 for Ross.
112: Davis could have won that match. Very close! At least go to OT.
119: LaMar did good. Only a major to Waters was a nice effort.
125: Lovvern really looked scrappy. Hard nosed win.
130: Hood could have got bonus. He owned Courier and should have cut him twice and got TD's. He is one tough kid!
135: Weller dominated as expected, although the fall was a bonus.
145: Was that fun or what when Hiller had Friedley on his back?! 30 more seconds and we might have had a 10 point swing!
152: They moved Breit up which is a surprise. He is a stud but didn't look interested. He was a lot smaller and Todd did a great job. He is a bull and that was a big win.
160: Madl really could have got one tilt in for bonus. He dominated the match though.
215: You are EXACTLY right about Mellon! Who the heck is that guy? Could Caylor hang with him??? He is for real. No slight on Pearch. He did all he could.
285: Kincaid did great. The Big boy won!

Next year we have Newport, Moeder, Seaton, Tanenbaum, Blew, Scanlon, Cokeley, Baughman and Grimes among others!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Chief Renegade] #164766 03/11/10 03:19 PM
fudge tunnel Offline
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

130: Hood - He owned Courier

135: Weller dominated as expected

Well, they should have won easily. Hood is a 140 lbr wrestling a 130 lbr, and Weller is a 145 lbr wrestling a 130 lbr.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: fudge tunnel] #164769 03/11/10 03:32 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: fudge tunnel
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

130: Hood - He owned Courier

135: Weller dominated as expected

Well, they should have won easily. Hood is a 140 lbr wrestling a 130 lbr, and Weller is a 145 lbr wrestling a 130 lbr.

That's why it was expected.

Eric Johnson

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Chief Renegade] #164783 03/11/10 04:29 PM
H
Harry LaMar Offline
H
Fudge let me explain a simple fact for you to carry home to your Missouri comrades whining about weigh ins. I will type really slow for you. When I was in college I wrestled 167. I do not consider myself a 167 pounder now. ie The wrestlers all weighed on Tuesday after practice and that was the weight the competed at.
Not the weight they were 3 weeks ago or on Friday. It is a pretty simple concept. If you need further explanation please let me know.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Harry LaMar] #164808 03/11/10 05:25 PM
B
Ben Dover Offline
B

Steve Earle
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Harry LaMar] #164813 03/11/10 06:30 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Harry, you are missing his point. He needs an excuse, and he would probably appreciate it if you said "fudge, your boy would have won if he weighed more"

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Harry LaMar] #164814 03/11/10 06:30 PM
fudge tunnel Offline
Originally Posted By: Harry LaMar
Fudge let me explain a simple fact for you to carry home to your Missouri comrades whining about weigh ins. I will type really slow for you. When I was in college I wrestled 167. I do not consider myself a 167 pounder now. ie The wrestlers all weighed on Tuesday after practice and that was the weight the competed at.
Not the weight they were 3 weeks ago or on Friday. It is a pretty simple concept. If you need further explanation please let me know.

I wasn't whining about weigh-ins, just simply pointing out that Hood and Weller wrestled much smaller kids, therefore should have won easily. Perhaps I should have typed that a bit slower for you as well, as it is pretty obvious your reading comprehension skills are quite lacking. If you guys need to drop 2 weights to win a match....fine. So be it.

Also, what does you wrestling 167 in college and not weighing that now have to do with anything? Seriously, can you offer any more of an inane non sequitur?

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: fudge tunnel] #164823 03/11/10 07:16 PM
D
Dylan Campbell Offline
D
For the rest of you who were going to google non sequitur to see what the heck it means like I did:

Main Entry: non se·qui·tur
Pronunciation: \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər also -ˌtu̇r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, it does not follow
Date: 1540
1 : an inference that does not follow from the premises; specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent
2 : a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

Look how much you can learn just by browsing the forum! smile

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Dylan Campbell] #164827 03/11/10 07:23 PM
windjammer Offline
I thought this forum was supposed to be insane non sequitur. That's what it usually is.

Will,thanks for the updates.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Dylan Campbell] #164829 03/11/10 07:28 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Dylan Campbell

Look how much you can learn just by browsing the forum! smile

Yeah but it typically doesn't happen in a thread involving the state of Missouri.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: sportsfan02] #164830 03/11/10 07:33 PM
W
wrestle007 Offline
W
fudge--

the point is that at the weigh ins everyone who wrestled at a certain weight MADE that weight creating no advantage either way. the only advantage you can say that dropping a weight would be if a kid was better due to wrestling heavier compeition all year. hood wrestled at 130, by the rules of the metro that means he had to make weight at 137. i'm sure that he did. your wrestler had to make weight at 137 as well...where exactly is the advantage?

and if you want to talk about weights...last year we bumped a 215 up to wrestle your heavyweight. and that's how we won the duel.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: fudge tunnel] #164835 03/11/10 07:52 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: fudge tunnel
If you guys need to drop 2 weights to win a match....fine. So be it.

Like you guys have done most every year? This year you only dropped Welch, Waters and Marriott one weight.

Eric Johnson

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Chief Renegade] #164858 03/11/10 09:23 PM
B
Ben Dover Offline
B
Fudge, you state you were not whining about weigh ins but this is a direct quote from one of your posts on the MO talk forums,

“Here's the official KS v. MO lineup, with my picks. I wish we could wait and announce our lineup when they announce theirs. Looks like there's some shenanigans going on w/ some weight-dropping”

Now your post was far from being the most accusatory on that site(see Kirk Senzee’s posts) but the insinuation that four respected Kansas coaches, countless fine young men, and their parents are united in a conspiracy to lie and cheat at weigh-ins is a pathetic, chicken sh** , classless act! It is a shame that such a fine event for everyone involved has to be soiled by accusations from parents who are upset that their kid didn’t dominate like daddy thought he should!

Steve Earle
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Ben Dover] #164905 03/12/10 01:05 AM
J
Jayhawk5 Offline
J
The homepage is wrong. Missouri won in 2008, so Kansas did not have four consecutive years running.

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Jayhawk5] #164935 03/12/10 03:59 AM
H
Harry LaMar Offline
H
I wasn't whining about weigh-ins, just simply pointing out that Hood and Weller wrestled much smaller kids, therefore should have won easily. Perhaps I should have typed that a bit slower for you as well, as it is pretty obvious your reading comprehension skills are quite lacking. If you guys need to drop 2 weights to win a match....fine. So be it.

Also, what does you wrestling 167 in college and not weighing that now have to do with anything? Seriously, can you offer any more of an inane non sequitur?

Oh Mr. Fudge
1. You have been busted for lies! We could provide about 11 pages of whining on your MO. website about how we don't weigh our kids in Ks.

2. There was no comic relief intended. My son weighed 126 or less on Tuesday at weigh in as did the Waters boy, Therefore they are in the same weight class. Read Slowly and I will try to explain. 2 kids that weigh the same weight on the same night are in the same weight class. One is not 1 or 2 weight classes heavier.

3. To explain further: I do not consider myself a 167 lb wrestler even though I wrestled that weight at one time in my past. You should be able to pick up on the conection here.

And Most Importantly

4. In Kansas we understand that Missouri won, and Kansas lost last night. No excuses, you beat us last night. Good Job.

I only wish I had some fancy word that everybody in Kansas had to look up to finish my post with. Maybe Will will help me out with that one!

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Harry LaMar] #165084 03/12/10 08:54 PM
G
Gary Ulmer Offline
G
Jayhawk 5

You are correct. Kansas has not won 4 years in a row, Kansas has won 3 times in the last 4 years. That error was mine. While writing a pro-Kansas press release I looked at an old program book wrong. I got chastised pretty good for that error at a later Metro Classic Kansas committee meeting.

You know? As far as I know, no one from Missouri has caught it yet.

Gary Ulmer

Last edited by Gary Ulmer; 03/12/10 09:10 PM.
Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Gary Ulmer] #165096 03/12/10 10:42 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
The Missouri people on their forum are really complaining about the Kansas team being too big for the weight classes that several of our guys were wrestling. One of their big complaints seems to be that we are wrestling guys in weight class two below the weight class that they wrestled in during the high school season. I just read one person's suggestion that a wrestler in this event should not be allowed to wrestle in a weight class below the one he wrestled in during the high school State competition series only in a heavier weight class. So if you wrestle 152 at State you could only wrestle 152 or a weight class above 152 for this competition. Perhaps that would not be a bad rule. I don't think it is too healthy for the fans of both states to constantly be accusing the other side of bending the rules in this competition. I also do not think it is right to be expecting wrestlers to drop two weights classes from their high school season weight class to compete in this all star competition.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Husker Fan] #165103 03/12/10 10:54 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Vince,

I don't think they "expect" wrestlers to drop two weight classes. They "ask" a wrestler if he can make the weight and his answer dictates the decision. Those guys have no idea what they are talking about. Madl weighed 165 at state with his shoes, shorts and t-shirt on. Weller wrestled 140 in at least 3 events this season. That Lyman kid wrestled 171 in the Fall Brawl and pulled to 160 for MO state. Friedley came down from 170 to 145! The Missouri forum has its own crazys!

Eric Johnson

Re: Metro Classic Updates [Re: Chief Renegade] #165108 03/12/10 11:10 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Eric,

I do not want to quibble about a word (expect vs. ask), but in my opinion I do not think we should be "asking" wrestlers to drop two weight classes either. I say take the temptation out and either just say you can only wrestle at or up from your weight class during the State competition. Or possibly only permit a drop of one weight class at the most from your State competition weight. I realize that the Missouri side is not blameless in this area. I remember five or six years ago when they won several years in a row thinking the same thing that all those Missouri wrestlers sure looked a lot bigger than our Kansas wrestlers. I just truly do not see why a wrestler should be allowed to drop two weight classes for this competition. Don't other post season events have rules like this. For instance doesn't the Senior Nationals restrict a wrestler from wrestling in a weight class lower than the one that he wrestled in at their high school state competition?

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 201 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)