Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: djackson] #165369 03/15/10 05:36 PM
C
ChuckMies Offline
C
matman1976,

The point that is being made (and I missed it the first time also) is in this part of an earlier post:

Rule 4-4-2 No wrestler will be permitted to wrestle another person with a weight spread exceeding the following weights:

8 & under 15 pounds
10 & under 20 pounds
12 & under 25 pounds
14 & under 30 pounds
High School 35 pounds

So for example:

1. If a 230 pound high school kid wants to wrestle 285 HE IS NOT ALLOWED!
2. If a 210 pound high school kid wants to wrestle 250 HE IS NOT ALLOWED.
3. If a 185 pound 12U wants to wrestle 215 HE IS NOT ALLOWED.

So, in this section of the rule and using the examples posted above, you can indeed be too light to wrestle a particular weight.

The issue that is being raised by the original poster is uniform enforcement of this policy, as I am sure that not everyone understands it correctly (again, I did not and I have been around this sport a long time).

And, the final point is that by posting the actual weights in TW someone could verfy this rule is being interpreted correctly, as it appears that last weekends subs MAY have had "some issues"

To that effect Ned posted "I am aware of the issue and I am looking into it".

This is an interesting topic, and shows how rules can sometimes create situations we did not anticipate.

Great catch BLT .......

Chuck

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: djackson] #165370 03/15/10 05:39 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
I have and you are accusing two districts of not going by the RULES! Well the rules do not state you must post wrestlers weights! And as for wrestling someone 15-20 pounds heavier i do not believed that happened! So it seems only one person in the whole state has a issue with this! So im saying there are bigger bones out there to chew on so its time to either wrestle or go home!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165372 03/15/10 05:44 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
ok so you are saying that if a highschool wrestler weighs too much but him and another are in the heavyweight class that he automatically loses! For example kid weighs 245 and the other one weighs 281 he automatically losessouinds kinda like a loop hole to me " Oh he weighs 36 pounds more thatn me i don't have to wrestle! WOW! sounds as if BLT thinks he or someone got screwed! well at that age i bet if you think like that you probably need to find a different sport!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165374 03/15/10 05:48 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
Ok! So if thats the rule then we need to make sure every kid in the state is signed up for the correct weight class! So wh have two weigh ins one to determine where you have to wrestle and one to make sure you make weight! I know of several kids in the 10 under division that moved up or down because of the competition and one is probably giving up 9 pounds, because he moved up to better stronger competition. And if im correct he went up two weight classes so hes wrong? Answer me that!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165375 03/15/10 06:16 PM
C
ChuckMies Offline
C
matman1976,

A couple clarifications from your posts:

Originally Posted By: matman1976
For example kid weighs 245 and the other one weighs 281 he automatically losessouinds kinda like a loop hole to me "

No, the point is that the first kid should have been signed up for 250 and the second 285. If you look at the earlier posts the maximum allowable weight spread for kids wrestling at the High School age bracket is 35 pounds. For that reason, kids club has a 250 pound class inserted between 215 and 285,

So if thats the rule then we need to make sure every kid in the state is signed up for the correct weight class!

That is the point of this thread.

I know of several kids in the 10 under division that moved up or down because of the competition and one is probably giving up 9 pounds, because he moved up to better stronger competition. And if im correct he went up two weight classes so hes wrong? Answer me that!

Not an issue, because from the earlier post the max allowable weight spread for 10 & under is 20 pounds. In your scenario things are fine, but if you were 10u and weighed 109lbs you could not wrestle 10u 130.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165376 03/15/10 06:20 PM
schroeder Offline
Again matman you are missing the point!!! It is against the RULES according to the state you can not give up more than a certain amount of wt. You do however has you said have 2 weigh-ins to check and see if the RULES are being inforced. You have the entries with the desired wt class sent in. Then when a wrestlers goes to the weigh-in, the director(the rule enforcer person) can check and make sure they fall within the limits of the desired weight class. Being to light is basically the same as being over weight. You have to weigh a certain amout to wrestle....period. According to some of the weights that were recorded in TW some kids were to light (therefore..illegal) to wrestle a desired weight class. But yet they were allowed to wrestle by the director..and therefore something needs to be done. That is all that BLT was saying. Hope this helps enlighten you Mr. matman on this topic.

Last edited by schroeder; 03/15/10 06:21 PM.
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: schroeder] #165378 03/15/10 06:35 PM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
The whole point of this thread was equal ENFORCEMENT and education of the rules throughout the state.
If they do it this way here and a different way there and it effects a kid then its not fair.
I think this rule especially at the HS level is not right. These kids should be allowed to wrestle where they want but its not my say so its the rule.
The whole issue of bringing up track wrestling was this is the tool we have chosen to use so let's use it and make sure this does not happen to anyone else again.
I say let it go since we have already stated the state series and ANY changes now would not be right or fair and just make sure that we are aware of it and enforce it equally next year and let's just wrestle and finish this year out.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: BLT] #165379 03/15/10 06:36 PM
C
ChuckMies Offline
C
Originally Posted By: BLT
I say let it go since we have already stated the state series and ANY changes now would not be right or fair and just make sure that we are aware of it and enforce it equally next year and let's just wrestle and finish this year out.

Well said!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165380 03/15/10 06:39 PM
K
kshawk Offline
K
Matman, my son has routinely had to wrestle kids that have 20-50 lbs on him just to see mat time, so it does happen. Not complaining, just the way it is. Also, there is an example of a 205 wrestler at Wichita Classic that is now in 235 at sub-district.

Last edited by kshawk; 03/15/10 06:45 PM.
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: BLT] #165381 03/15/10 06:41 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
If the weights are to far apart. Give them both a gold medal and have them wrestle exibition matches if they (the kids, coaches and parents) agree to such matches.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: djackson] #165382 03/15/10 06:48 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
I think what matman is saying is that there is no rule about posting actual weight. There is a rule about making weight to high and to low no need for the extra info you either make it or not.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: Lucas Baker] #165409 03/15/10 09:28 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
Exactly! Lucas you are exactly right its not D1 or D2 fault its the wrestlers fault for enering into the wrong weight! So i say if he/she wants to give up 40-50 pounds so be it! But you have to realize the people doing the weighins and such are VOLUNTEERS they don't get paid and maybe some of them do not know the rules! They are just being nice enough to volunteer to help! My point is exactly this we have so many things to do to even get the event ran and here you are wanting to add to our volunteers load! Most are new wrestling parents and are willing to work for free! But if we keep adding to thier load then next year we may not have enough volunteers! Now do you understand BLT!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165411 03/15/10 09:49 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
We can make as much paperwork for the qualifiers to fill out as you desire but for D2 we are already having problems finding clubs willing to host. This can all be handled by the host club without having to make another notation or check another box, whatever. Beyond that, it's just people being nosey.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: sportsfan02] #165413 03/15/10 10:04 PM
M
matman1976 Offline
M
You are exactly right SPORTO! If they wanna be nosey then volunteer to do it! MY LAST TWO CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165425 03/16/10 01:44 AM
Hossus Offline
This is a bunch of nonsense and this isn't a new topic by any means. I brought this up last year around this time and again about a month ago. If your going to use track wrestling then you should put up the actual weights. If you think it is being nosey, then I say so what. If you don't have anything to hide, then it isn't an issue anyway. It's the people who are doing things wrong who don't like to be caught or have to answer for what they are doing who are shaking in their booties. The weight rules are bogus in my opinion but if we gotta follow them then everyone else should too, no exceptions....

Fortune assists the daring.
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: Hossus] #165430 03/16/10 03:04 AM
S
S Biddle Offline
S
I dont think D2 is having any problems finding clubs to host.

Scott Biddle
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: S Biddle] #165431 03/16/10 03:25 AM
J. Dale Offline
What I don't understand about the qualifiers is this. If it is a STATE qualifier, then shouldn't all the qualifiers be ran the same. I have no problem with a friday only weigh in because it is probably the most efficient way to run a track wrestling tourny. But if one sub or district has a friday only weigh in then should they all. Or if one has a sat. morning weigh in then shouldn't they all. I know that there will be some kids that don't make weight for friday night that could have on sat. morning. So why should other districts have any advantage or disadvantage. Make them all the same. Or is this just another example of no organization in KS Kids Wrestling.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: matman1976] #165432 03/16/10 04:12 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Exactly! So i say if he/she wants to give up 40-50 pounds so be it!

Matman
I dont know where we got crossed because we are saying the same thing.
EXCEPT
If they enforce different rules in different districts.
My message is what JDale is saying. Make them all the same!
Use pen and paper at the tables!
Let them wrestle up in weight!
Make them all wear polka dotted socks!
I do not care!!!!

Just make sure everyone does it the same!
How can you argue with that?

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: Lucas Baker] #165433 03/16/10 04:27 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
I think what matman is saying is that there is no rule about posting actual weight. There is a rule about making weight to high and to low no need for the extra info you either make it or not.

You are right here too Lucus..
But it was the system (Track Wrestling)that flagged the weight differential. So when it did, in the other districts, someone had to click the little ignore tab and keep on going!
So IF we are going to use this system then everyone needs to do it the same. Put in actual weights, no weights, or the weight class. Just do it the same so kids from one part of the state are not denied there chance to wrestle and others are allowed.

I dont want anyone to not get to wrestle. That is why we are needing to do it the same so if there is a rules violation then it can be addressed.

Re: Use of Track Wrestling for State Qualifying Ev [Re: BLT] #165434 03/16/10 05:00 AM
G
gbwrestlingfan Offline
G
[quote=BLT]I am not trying to be a jerk about this but ok I guess I will be. There are districts out there following and enforcing the rules and others that are not. I was informed over the last week that in order for a tournament to be a santioned event that it must follow all the rules and bylaws set forth by USAWKS.

Rule 4-4-2 No wrestler will be permitted to wrestle another person with a weight spread exceeding the following weights:
8 & under 15 pounds
10 & under 20 pounds
12 & under 25 pounds
14 & under 30 pounds
High School 35 pounds

For some reason I thought this rule was for non qualifying tournaments to control what brackets can and can not be combined.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 160 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,380
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)