Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
State Championships Thank You's #166908 03/29/10 04:43 PM
Nedly Offline OP
OP Offline
Well another GREAT weekend is behind us , and what a sucess it was. But it takes some really good people to pull off running such a great event.

Tom Richard who was the man who came up with a great plan for weigh-ins and it has never run smoother. He also is the hardest working man I know this past weekend trying to keep me on task, and that is not easy and he does. Plus for the past year he has been brain storming trying to come with things to make this years tournament bigger and better. If I know Tom he is already thinking about next year...Thanks Tom

Leanna Buckley for her work at the head table to keep us running on time. Plus the work she does behind the scenes a month in advance is the reason we have a great event...Thanks Leanna

Jim Lund and his small army of Track Wrestling workers. Matside scoring was a nice new feature this year... Thanks Jim

Mark Stanley and his Giant army to help set and tear down. Everyone is tired and wants to go home but Mark and his crew are tearing down cleaning up the expo...Thanks Mark

District Directors who find the volunteers to work tables, push the drink carts, sweep and mop mats, do weigh-ins. We could not do it with you!!!

Our officals who put in a long weekend and what a great group we had this year.

Our wreslters and family's Thank You...for the time and effort you put in to your season.

To the City of Topeka who provided the wrestlers a free meal after weigh-ins and a t-shirt to the champions of each age bracket. Plus thanks again for hosting us.

As you can see it takes a lot people to pull off a great weekend in Topeka, Thanks to each and everyone of you.

Ned Price

Re: State Championships Thank You's [Re: Nedly] #166921 03/29/10 05:27 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
The skin check and weigh in seemed to be alot better than past years. Great job!

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: State Championships Thank You's [Re: Teamroper] #166924 03/29/10 05:38 PM
hotrodder54 Offline
The weigh in and skin check were best I've ever seen. In and out 5 minutes awsome job and didn't have the curtain Nazi's "don't look in here please" Never really understood what we were doing to these kids that required curtains anyway. Good job guys we'll be back next year! Well.. we hope anyway

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.
Re: State Championships Thank You's [Re: hotrodder54] #166926 03/29/10 05:55 PM
R
ready2wrestle Offline
R
I just wanted to add a suggestion. I worked a table on Sunday morning and I got there at 7am and didn't get done until 1:50 and during that time all we had delivered to our table was like 10 mini muffins in which I can not eat. Never were we offered lunch or anything just tea and water. That was 7 hours 50 mins with nothing to eat. That is something that needs to be addressed. What about bringing some fruit to the tables or granola bars...etc.... This year I worked 9 tournament and this is the only tournament that we as table workers were not offered a lunch. You want the best to work the table, you want the best refree's, you want the best then you should take care of them to the best.

Now for the thank you's. I do want to thank you for the nice mug that I did recieve for working a table. I thought the computerized track wrestling was great. My dad was not able to be there and he knew exactly when my son wrestled and how he did and that was great. The wrestling for Christ was very nice addition. I enjoyed the matside service. Your service will not go unnoticed some day in heaven.

Thanks to everyone. Hope to be back next year.

Re: State Championships Thank You's [Re: ready2wrestle] #166945 03/29/10 08:00 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
I would like to give a shout out to Barb Shields of District 1...her name was called over head all day both days...more so than anyone else helping to run the tournament! She puts in hours and hours beyond what anyone could imagine...(as do some others..not taking away from them!) Barb fixes table disputes, trackwrestling problems, helps organize to move matches to move along the wresling, hands out sandwiches...overall she has her hand in everything from start to finish! North SubDistricts , District 1 and the State tournament in my opinion would not run as smoothly if Barb Shields were not a part of the process! I know you don't get the public thanks that you deserve...and really don't want them!! But THANKS for all you do for wrestling! We love ya!

Kim Lovvorn
JCWC WRESTLING

Re: State Championships Thank You's [Re: up4wrestling] #167064 03/30/10 03:39 AM
J
Jim Lund Offline
J
I would like to give a big thank Barb, Lonnie Woodman, Aricca Wallace, along with the District 1 Ladies - This group is the "Army of Track Wrestling".

I could not have done it without them.

What a great group of people to work with!!!!!!

Jim Lund

Last edited by Jim Lund; 03/30/10 10:51 AM.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)