Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: doug747] #167262 03/31/10 03:55 AM
goarmy Offline
doug, 1st congrats on your great team

I got word from Tony B to give you a hard time last year and though it would be perfect timing considering the thread.
your hair is fine lol as long as there is no comb overs smile
Tony knows where I live and I have plenty cans of whip ***
with your name on it grin

Dawn

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: popeye] #167263 03/31/10 03:58 AM
N
n7m13c99 Offline
N
Ok guys how about this we can agree to disagree. You either like TOHK or you don't but this is getting ugly and kinda personal. They have acted this way for years. Every tournament has a lady that is louder than anyone or anything else. One tournament I thougth we had a scheeching owl in the building and I was across the gym from her can only imagaine what it was like next to her and no she wasn't from TOHK. I think every district has a club that the other clubs have problems with. I also would like to know about T-Bone aka Thomas Rhodes he was a great little wrestler. Had attitude but my son like hanging out with him after matches never had a problem with him. First time I went to state the club everyone was all over was Wichita wrestling club they were the bad guys 20 years ago in Salina.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: popeye] #167264 03/31/10 04:36 AM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
Popeye the booing came from the Northwest corner, most of them was in orange/red and black and probably was a cary over from a match we had with them in semis the night before. I am bad some time but I am good a lot of the time. So are a lot of you ( good and bad). I do remenber getting push form the back and I did grab this guy by his elbow and said Iam sorry about that. It is fustrating to see that if our guys are not very aggressive that we get called for stalling so I tell our guys if we are not aggressive that most likely we will get called for stalling. Yes that coach from Anthony I trained at one time or another. One of my peers once said to me Your tohk are sore losers and I replied we don't lose very much so we don't know how to lose. He said then you don't know how to wrestle yet. That meant alot to me so I am working on that end of it with the all areas of tohk and myself . Yes some of our wrestlers didn't make it to the next level ( Champions in the sport of wrestling and in their communties) but many of them did. I've got a book that lets you know more about the mission of Charles Knox and wrestling If you like to purchase one let me know. Jeremy since you respond on some one playing the race card well guess what, you played the race card CarD. There are a few who don't like us because of our color and then there are more who don't like us cause we beat their kids and there are a few who don't like us because of our behavior and there more who like us because we are humans too.. And as far as boycotting us from your tournaments some of you already do. This done by not attending our tournament. Jeremy could you image what we could do with the funds you guys have? To bad no one made a post about being greedy.To the lady that heard me cuss that is something many people who know me don't hear much. I am sure I didn't use any profanity this weekend. I wanted to comment on some of these post that I thought was meant to belittle (spelling) me or our club. And those of you who said some postive things about us (most of it is true) THANK YOU. A Wrestling team, Coaching staff, TOHK, and FAMILY still working to be better at what we do.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Coach Knox 61] #167265 03/31/10 04:53 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
well said coach!
How did T-bone do in high school and college?

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: tfamilywrestlers] #167268 03/31/10 12:00 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
Originally Posted By: tfamilywrestlers
they want to quote scripture
If your talking about me I am not a member of TOHK. I was just giving a personal opinion. Michael Luellen is my name my boys wrestle for rossville WC. If you got Issues with my signature you can pm me. 785-230-3877 is my number. I still stand behind every thing i posted.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: KANSAS PRIDE] #167271 03/31/10 12:07 PM
J. Dale Offline
Ok. Here we go. I have sat back and watched this thread for a couple of days now and not said much. Years ago Coach Knox and I hated each other for reasons that don't matter. In the last 10 years I have watched Coach Knox and learned to respect him for what he does to teach/help/mentor kids. Do the coaches go overboard sometimes, yes. But which person on this forum posting hasn't went overboard a few times. Every coach on that team will fight for their kids if they think they are getting screwed as will I. I as a parent would rather have a coach that will stand up for a kid than just sit back and let it happen. I did see something this weekend that bothered me. It was a match between a TOHK wrestler and a kid in an orange singlet. Didn't see the whole thing but started watching it in the 3rd period and watched as the opposing wrestler charged the Knox kid and attempted to tackle him then drew the fist back. I believe this was after the match was over. Why was this kid not ejected. I'll bet if it was the other way around it would have been. I had one ejected from districts for cursing (as he should have been) If you don't like this team then ignore them, if you do like them then cheer them on. Just let this drop because this thread is getting way out of line. As for the coaches in the parking lot didn't see and could care less, just don't bitch about the coaches when you have officials that have been arrested for far worse than pot and are still allowed to ref.
Jerry Dale

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: cdzmom] #167282 03/31/10 01:20 PM
W
wanwan21 Offline
W
Why did you even start this post? Talk about "bad sportsmanship", if you really have a problem--have your club director bring up concerns in one of the many meetings that all club directors attend. You better believe me when I say this, if ANYONE FROM OUR CLUB VIOLATES A RULE--THEY ARE NOT GIVEN A FREE PASS! I know your motive....I could call out several clubs on how the coaches "behave"--a couple of the powerhouses in D2, but why even go there? If you have nothing better to do than start a MOB, if you have the audacity to go there, be specific and make SURE that you know what you are talking about, and please make it current-- LaWanda DeShazer

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: J. Dale] #167283 03/31/10 01:32 PM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: J. Dale
As for the coaches in the parking lot didn't see and could care less, just don't bitch about the coaches when you have officials that have been arrested for far worse than pot and are still allowed to ref.
Jerry Dale

Jerry
You crack me up!!! Sometimes I think you sit and wait for a post to say the right thing so that you can pounce and take a shot at these refs that upset you so much. I truely admire patience and tenacity!!!
LOL

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: BLT] #167285 03/31/10 01:41 PM
J. Dale Offline
Thank you. I do try.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: J. Dale] #167286 03/31/10 01:41 PM
J. Dale Offline
Now you know why we didn't win the T-shirt contest. It was rigged.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: J. Dale] #167292 03/31/10 03:03 PM
nix Offline
can't we all just get along, maybe a group hug is in order.

you guy's and gals take care this summer, we will see you all next fall.

congrats to all you coaches and kids that wrestled this year, one more wrestling year gone and looking forward to next year.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: nix] #167322 03/31/10 07:23 PM
W
win by pin Offline
W
Lawanda maybe you should talk to your oun relation. last year one of your coaches followed a kid to the podium talking trash all the way there and even when they were getting there pics taken. what kind of person would do that. I also seen them making fun of a kid for crying after he lost a close match to a kid from hard knox. There is no room for actions like that. That is the kind of things people hate about your club.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: win by pin] #167332 03/31/10 07:59 PM
Nedly Offline
Jerry Dale.

Really Rig? Come on it is albout the shirt size that was turned in!!

No really it was a very close vote and the officals had a hard time picking a winner.

Congrats to Smokey Valley, and start working on those designs for next year.

Ned

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Nedly] #167334 03/31/10 08:08 PM
badbo Offline
Only 2 more pages and it will be tied with 2009 thread on this same topic.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: badbo] #167343 03/31/10 08:50 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: badbo
Only 2 more pages and it will be tied with 2009 thread on this same topic.

yeah?

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: HEADUP] #167346 03/31/10 09:21 PM
N
n7m13c99 Offline
N
Now come on Ned shirt size! we turn in a big shirt an still didn't win boo hoo. I agree j.Dale it was rigged LOL. Is there some place to see the shirt. Never did see a Smokey Valley shirt all weekend. I know they were there just didn't see one. Congrats to them!!!!!!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: n7m13c99] #167356 03/31/10 11:03 PM
B
birddog Offline
B
Like TOHK or not - Would you really want to have a state tournament without them? Come On!! They are a part of us. It wouldn't be right without them. We are all different - but all the same - WE ALL LIKE TO WRESTLE. They bring as much to the picture as anybody (some good - some bad). To me, its what you take from state. Without TOHK being there, would everyone really be competing against the best? I don't think so! For that matter, I heard TOHK called quite a few times during the parade of champions. It wouldn't be right without them!!!
Klaus Schmidt

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: birddog] #167360 04/01/10 12:06 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
I was sent a PM calling me a Racist. As a Mother of a Kid on the team you should be ashamed of yourself. It is not my fault I was cleaning out my car and the Gentleman got out of their caddy smelling like Bob Marley. Dont call me a Racist because I had the nerve to tell you what I saw. If i had a camera I would of took a pic maybe next time I will get out my pen and paper and ask them what there names are, So I am not accused of being a Racist by a woman that has never met me.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: KANSAS PRIDE] #167367 04/01/10 01:37 AM
W
wrestlingfan24 Offline
W
I just would like to say that all my life (starting from 6yrs. old) I have wrestled against ("wwwc, TOHK") They are what I would call a club. They sit together, cheer for eachother, and everyone in the gym knows when they come in. Some of the best wrestlers from KS come from that club. They are very ambitious, and very competitive.
Saying all that, I used to wrestle against them every weekend. Sometimes I won and sometimes they won. It was always good competition! The parents and coaches from both sides played a huge role in each match. Being grown now, and part of the sport as a coach and dad, I have come to respect their program. The first year my son wrestled, I ran into coach Taylor and we visited a bit. He called me a "knuckle-head" and assured me that all was good, and in good competition.
Every club and program has its flaws. We should work to fix our own problems, instead of pointing fingers!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167369 04/01/10 01:56 AM
djackson Offline
Lucas must hate every race because he has tried to wrestle everyone on here...LOL But will he give her a shot at the title?

Last edited by djackson; 04/01/10 02:07 AM. Reason: fight was the wrong word because he is just a big teddy bear

Don Jackson
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)