Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: HEADUP] #167475 04/01/10 10:23 PM
N
n7m13c99 Offline
N
So lucas I have a question did any of their kids see them???? Cause I am beating a whole bunch of kids saw their coaches drinking to the point of stupidness! Ya it may be legal and all that but not sure I want my kid coach by a guy who drinks like that in front of kids. As for the weed if you are the only one that saw it or smelled so what. I bet you they were not the only ones there that was doing it. They got caught thats all. I don' think you are a racist you are anger and used what you knew would get a reaction. I drive a mini van I hope that don't make me a soccer mom with 4 kids??? Cause I soooooo ain't. Lucas do your self a favor cause I do this some times I call a friend read them what I wrote and ask is that to B*&%# . Trust me my friends will tell me. I hope you have friends that would do the same for you. TOHK will defend their kids and coaches to the end. I will bet that if they every catch one doing something Coach Knox will take care of it himself. So you have said what you need to I am sure if he needs to clean house he will. Their house let them clean it if need be.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: cdzmom] #167490 04/02/10 01:15 AM
E
EudoraJrCards Offline
E
So ironic that the thread is by titled " Consistently Bad Sportsmanship " I say Ironic due to the fact that none of it has been displayed here, in the forum thread. Let the Coach's Coach, Wrestlers wrestle, Parents cheer and the USAW District Directors Direct. I may be over stepping my bounds here as I only know a few of you by name and most by face. Even at that its usually a quick hello and a good luck or a pat on the back. Our club is still young and growing with only a 3-4 yr history.... But I have to tell you ( even being a college football guy ) I have never found or participated in a sport that requires as much heart as it does brains as it does just pure metal and strength. I hate to see any bad blood between any of our wrestling family in any District. Ultimately we are really only responsible for our own actions or those under our advisement, wrestler and coach alike. This will be my first and last post with reagrds to this thread or topic. I just felt moved to share as all of you have done. Thanks again and my intention is not to offend.
I must say this is a great sport of which I hold in high esteem. We should all try to keep it cleaned and polished so as it wont tarnish

Art Kennedy
EJCW

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: KANSAS PRIDE] #167498 04/02/10 03:17 AM
N
n7m13c99 Offline
N

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then.

And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"

Life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults - and choosing to celebrate each others differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

That's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or siblings or friendship!

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your own."

God Bless You..... Now, and Always......

So Please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burnt one will do just fine.!.!.!.!

And PLEASE pass this along to someone who has enriched your life... I just did!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: n7m13c99] #167543 04/02/10 07:07 PM
M
M.Church_AD Offline
M
Don't throw stones from a Glass house!

I guarantee I have displayed behaviors that if I had the opportunity to look back and see would without a doubt embarrass and shame my family, friends and myself. I carry with me a mountain of sin. Some that come too mind I would take back in an instant if I could. But I can't and I have to deal with that sin myself.

However, on this day we celebrate "Good Friday" also known as "Holy Friday". On Good Friday, a man named Jesus Christ proved to us he was the son of God and was publicly embarrassed and brutally murdered for one reason.... "To save me from that sin". Christ was dead for a 3 day period and then on a day we call "Easter", Christ escaped the grave to sit at the side of God. So guess what Lucas Baker. Those people you saw smoking marijuana outside of a kids wrestling tournament still have the same chance you do... to turn from that sin and follow Christ.

However I would like to Challenge any and all people including TOHK, Lucas Baker, et al. To take a deep look into your own life and sins. Are your sins better than the sins you notice of others? Is smoking weed in private any better than doing it in public? Lucas, I specifically remember you publicly telling us you got drunk at home when you got a refund check and called out individuals in the wrestling community for not believing what you believe (paraphrased). Is that a sinful or inappropriate act? Are you free of sin? If you are, than I say, you are allowed to bash others for any and all sins you see. However, if you are a sinner... and I have a feeling your sins are the same in some respect... then work on correcting your own lives and walk before you try and call out others for what you perceive "sinful acts".

For the record: Growing up and being in this sport in many different areas I have been around many different Kids wrestling clubs where coaches and parents smoke weed among other drugs, get drunk beyond recognition, cheat on their spouses within and outside of the club(Adultery), fight and argue, steal money, etc. So why are we calling out only TOHK???? Why not call them out too... I'll tell you why, because it is not right!!!!!!!!!!!

None of us are ever going to be good enough to do that as there was only one perfect walk/life on this earth. And he died for you to be imperfect and to love each other just as he loved you!

Have a great Easter Week-end.

Michael Church

Last edited by FalconCoach; 04/02/10 07:21 PM.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: M.Church_AD] #167547 04/02/10 08:58 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
That was a post from a man that is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Romans 1:16, 1 Cor. 5:21.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Chief Renegade] #167553 04/02/10 11:29 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Coach Church,

Very well said. I just would have left out the 'chance' part. God has and uses loaded dice.

Pro 16:
33 The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the LORD.

John 6:
44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

He does not passively wait around for us to choose Him. That was decided before the foundation of the world. The word 'predestination' is in the Bible. What does it mean? See Eph 1 and 2. Read Romans 8 and 9.

I know, wrong forum. If you want to PM me about this, that would be fine.

And finally, for Coach Church (notice the older men drop their stones first - they have lived longer and are generally wiser than the younger folks who think they are without/above sin):

John 8:
3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Dean Welsh] #167563 04/03/10 06:18 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
I told you my Neighbor got me drunk!!! It was the first time since my buddy's wedding In July that I had had anything to drink. I have never cheated in a relationship. I have lost jobs to help friends in need out. I moved in with my grand parents after grandpa had his second pace maker put in and grandma came down with breast cancer. I gave up a full ride so that my wife could take hers, I dont regret much that have done in life. Im sorry you cant say the same. When I got drunk with my neighbor it was 11:00 at night and I was not coaching kids at state.

Thanks for calling me out though I hope you fell better about yourself now!!!!!!!

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167571 04/03/10 10:31 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Lucas, can you walk on water? Or are you drinking again??!!

NEVER in my life, did someone hold me down and pour whiskey down my throat. If it happened to you, maybe your neighbor, rather than you, should be fighting Beeson.........

Last edited by doug747; 04/03/10 10:32 AM.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167578 04/03/10 01:03 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
I told you my Neighbor got me drunk!!!
Are you sure that your neighbor is not also responsible for the alleged actions of the people in the cadillac????

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: luellen] #167581 04/03/10 01:35 PM
B
blueeyes67005 Offline
B
I think all of you need to take a step back and think how you would fill if every time your kid steps on the mat they get booed for no reason except that they know how to win. i am an old time wrestling fan, and supporter i have been in this sport all of my life and have been around all most all the older coaches and i will tell you if that was my kid the finger would be the last thing i would do. so as far as tohk i say first off hi everyone and let them be coach knox and them will take care of any iner probs they might have just like any other club out there but if the fans would learn how to have respect for the kids of tohk things might just calm down. and as far as drinking at the hotels after the kids are in bed we are adults if we want to unwind what is it to you. it is not in front of your kids if so take them and put them in bed and stay away from the adults who are drinking thank you

blueeyes67005
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: blueeyes67005] #167584 04/03/10 02:31 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Doug and luellen
When I said he got me drunk, I meant that I do not keep whiskey or beer in my house so I can not get myself drunk. I might drink 4 times a year. I can assure all of you I have never been intoxicated around my CHILD Or even Worse other peoples KIDS. Which is really the problem at hand here.

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167589 04/03/10 03:09 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
Which is really the problem at hand here.
Hmmm!

Last edited by RichardDSalyer; 04/03/10 06:39 PM. Reason: Reconsidered comment to Mr. Baker!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: RichardDSalyer] #167591 04/03/10 03:32 PM
M
M.Church_AD Offline
M
AS I stated in my first post I am buried by a mountain of sin and acts in my past where I have no right to judge anybody ever. There are thousands of stories out there about me that are probably true that should and would cast me in the most sinful light in the world. As I attempt daily to turn from that sin, I struggle just as the rest of the world does.

I thought real hard last night about this topic. I woke up this morning and prayed about it. I'm in the middle of a PM conversation with Lucas. However, I want to make something perfectly clear! I am not calling anybody out! I by no means was attempting to say somebody is a drug addict, alcoholic, adulterer, theif, etc. I simply was trying to put out there the mountain of sin that is laid before us on a daily basis.

Lucas saw what he saw. He felt the need to put it online. That is his First Amendment Right. It is everybody else's right however, to respond to that. My true hope now is that this entire thread is deleted by a moderator. The messages have been put out there, but every time we click on that link looking for something new to read and gossip with each other about we are damaging the wrestling community instead of helping it.

TOHK are fans and family in the sport. Lucas is a family member in the sport. Dwelsh,J Murdock, Chief, etc are all fans and family members of the sport. Is it really doing any good to get on here and publicly bash each other? Yes, things need to change in this world for sure. However, this thread is doing nothing for anybody.

Last edited by FalconCoach; 04/03/10 03:35 PM.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: M.Church_AD] #167594 04/03/10 06:18 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
I posted on this thread not to judge but to defend the young wrestlers that get booed when they win & excessive cheering when they lose. I am under the same mountian of sin you speak of. Because i am a sinner myself dont mean i have to submit to cowardly idoits that disrespect kids in the sport i love. This booing & excessive celibration is done in a cowardly & spineless & rude way that I dont like. If you are one of the people doing this I am speaking directly to you. If you are not one of the people doing this then dont take any of this personal i am not speaking to you. Again I am stating a personal opinion. This has nothing to do with the opinion of the club my sons wrestle for or the opinion of any other club. I got a little off track with my last post but i am back on task now.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: luellen] #167595 04/03/10 06:47 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
thank you for the vote of confidence richard, but i try not to allow myself to be drug into the streets. beeson was going to take the challenge as he may feel that he has somethng to prove. i don't know why, he is one of the best hs wrestlers in ks history, and is a great coach. giving something back to the sport he loves is all the proof i need to know he is the better man. this thread is old, and tired, and everyone needs to remember this: every time you bash coach knox and his club, you have just stoked the fire that is TOHK! good luck with that! you're going to need it!

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: djackson] #167597 04/03/10 09:02 PM
T
team sparks Offline
T
Team of hard knox have bad attitudes they try to intimadate refs other coaches, wrestlers.Their fans are loud and annoying they are bullies they should be banned.Have heard it all on here and even felt the same way about a few of those comments at one time.My son has wrestled for 8yrs(didnt make weight at subs so season over early damn puberty)and my daughter has wrestled for 5yrs(she took 3rd at state 120 10and under)and now feel different about TOHK really didnt hear that much from them at state until I got on here.Did hear their fans though and think its entertaining to watch them cheer and sing just as much as it is entertaining to watch some other kids mom in the stands screaming and trying to tell her kid how to wrestle.I think TOHK has a good program and good coaches are they perfect?No can they maybe change some things yes but you can say that about alot of clubs no club is perfect.I think compared to what I have seen in the past TOHK has changed but I know if someone told me I need to change I would probably just be a little more outrageous.So if you like em good if you dont ignore them and if they get under your skin thats a personal problem cause I dont give people the power to get to me like that

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: team sparks] #167617 04/04/10 03:53 AM
2coach Offline
A little late there sparks, this s##t has all been said already

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: 2coach] #167806 04/06/10 07:06 PM
Lucas Baker Offline
Sorry I tired to let it die, but I just got this post from A MOTHER OF THOK. I wish that the Parents could be as humble as the Coaches have been.
THOK Mother showing her age!
"You sound like a stalker, or maybe you are seeking male companionship from one of the coaches you seem to be so interested in--but just so you know, they are only companions with women"

Grow up lady its not my fault I saw what i saw

Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Lucas Baker] #167809 04/06/10 07:29 PM
Beeson Offline
Your not trying to let this die or you would have. It would not have been that hard to just let it go.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Consistently Bad Sportsmanship [Re: Beeson] #167819 04/06/10 09:02 PM
N
n7m13c99 Offline
N
Lets be done!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)