Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Cokeley] #169323 04/28/10 01:44 PM
B
birddog Offline
B
Beeson,
Tou-che" - It appears you are a man of wit. As a constituent of yours in D2 along with many others on here, I would hope that you would represent not only your opinion, but all of ours (with respect!). By the way, if you would look on the oklahoma web site you will see that oklahoma has more than 2 tournies a weekend (as you have previously stated) and their series tournaments are not always the most attended ones.
I don't understand how a series, challenge etc,... whatever you want to call it, would interfere with or hurt - the Kansas Triple Crown, freestyle/greco or folkstyle. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't - it seems to have helped oklahoma youth wrestling - It brought some kansas kids in. (not just us)
Beeson lighten up: Everyone has an opinion - ours count just as much as yours. If and when a series or whatever you want call it, should come up, I hope you see and represent the fact that their is a group of poeple & kids who just might like that kind of thing.(and the bling)

Oh Yeah - (my motto) "cut weight to motivate" & remember cut the most weight in the 6/u, especially when trying to win your third novice state title. And for those of you who get ringworm - remote weigh-ins seem to get rid of it.

Beeson in regards to your idiot comment. "It takes one to know one" > Tou-Che" back to you! - Klaus

Last edited by birddog; 04/28/10 01:53 PM.
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: birddog] #169327 04/28/10 03:31 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: birddog
Beeson is right - he is always right - he knows what is right- (when you say right - I think of Beeson)or @ least we can say that because beesen does the most posting, he THINKS he is right., Hail Beeson.
Real quick, the only reason I do so much posting is because some of you don't read what has been posted before and keep asking the same questions and making the same remarks.

The series drew us to oklahoma for fun and competition and I bet it would draw some okies up here-(more competition).
Okies do not need a USA card for any tournament they wrestle. Until they become a USA Wrestling State we will not draw the numbers of wrestlers to our tournaments as they do to theirs.(Already Posted)

By the way, if you would look on the oklahoma web site you will see that oklahoma has more than 2 tournies a weekend (as you have previously stated) and their series tournaments are not always the most attended ones.

I said they average 2 tournaments a week, and Kansas averages 6.(Already Posted)

Oh Yeah - (my motto) "cut weight to motivate" & remember cut the most weight in the 6/u, especially when trying to win your third novice state title. And for those of you who get ringworm - remote weigh-ins seem to get rid of it.
It's the third time you have posted your motto...we get it.

In fairness when this thread started, there was talk of All American Status, seris tournaments every weekend, extensive travel and costs, and all sorts of outlandish awards. If someone wanted to get Salina, Hays, The Classic, and a tourney in District 1 together, and the kid with the most points got a t-shirt, I would be more on board. But lets not get all excited and make this bigger than it really is.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #169332 04/28/10 07:07 PM
A. Steele Offline
Beeson - I would agree with you about being more on board if Hays, Salina, The Classic and a D1 tournament had a point system and give out a t-shirt but I don't think we need to make it a huge deal. I think with a point system the kids that look for the tough competition and take 2nd or 3rd instead of winning gets something for keeping the top dogs honest.

Andrew Steele

Andrew Steele
ford69f100@yahoo.com
Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: Beeson] #169336 04/28/10 08:20 PM
S
S McFee Offline
S

By the way, if you would look on the oklahoma web site you will see that oklahoma has more than 2 tournies a weekend (as you have previously stated) and their series tournaments are not always the most attended ones.

I said they average 2 tournaments a week, and Kansas averages 6.(Already Posted)

Dang, it sure is fun to watch all the talk, and everyone arguing with Beeson. Dont know him, sometimes agree, sometimes dont. But saying 2 tournaments a week is hogwash. Must be that average thing, because if you throw out the earlybird October dates, and Christmas, and the weekend of the state tourney, there are normally 4-6 tourneys a weekend to choose from.

The series will not hurt wrestling in Kansas. Yes, it will cost some extra to travel, but just like here in Oklahoma, you dont have to participate, and sometimes kids both need and want to get away from the same old same old, and the series gives them a chance to do that.

At the same time, it will not necessarily help wrestling in Kansas that much either. The elite kids will find the competition, the second tier will have a mixed schedule, and the rest will find tournaments that fit their needs, whether it be tougher competition or a couple of winnable matches for confidence.

Isnt the idea to keep as many kids in the sport for as long as possible?

Re: Kansas triple crown [Re: S McFee] #169338 04/28/10 09:32 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: oldguy1979
Dang, it sure is fun to watch all the talk, and everyone arguing with Beeson. Dont know him, sometimes agree, sometimes dont. But saying 2 tournaments a week is hogwash. Must be that average thing, because if you throw out the earlybird October dates, and Christmas, and the weekend of the state tourney, there are normally 4-6 tourneys a weekend to choose from.

If you throw out our earlybird December dates, Christmas, and the weekend of the state tourney, there are normally 6-9 tourneys a weekend to choose from in Kansas. These do not include Novice.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 123 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)