Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KC All Metro Wrestlers #167628 04/04/10 04:18 PM
WillyM Offline OP
OP Offline
Congrats to all the Kansas wrestlers selected for the All METRO Team. Thats traveling in lots of big and tall company.

http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/article&news_id=3775

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: WillyM] #167643 04/05/10 12:01 AM
A
anklepick Offline
A
Congrats again to the Kansas All Metro Team.
Moeder, Tanenbaum, Walker, Reece Wright-Conklin and Madl
have represented Kansas quite well and will continue to do so in the future. An outstanding group of young men with well deserved honors..

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: anklepick] #167668 04/05/10 12:15 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Congratulations to all these young men on their first team selections with a special congratulations from me to my son's former teammate Jake Walker on his first team selection at 152 pounds. All of you were very worthy of your first team selections.

I was very surprised Ryne Cokeley was not a first team selection but I know that wrestler from Park Hill is very good too. That would be a very good match. A metropolitan tournament that included all the classes (freshmen thru seniors) would be the best way to decide it.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: Husker Fan] #167684 04/05/10 02:04 PM
WillyM Offline OP
OP Offline
Congrats to all the wrestlers, not just the first teamers. Several 2nd team and honorable mentions.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: WillyM] #167700 04/05/10 03:39 PM
G
Gary Ulmer Offline
G
I want to offer my congratulations to all the Kansas kids that were named to the "All Metro" team. In my opinion, there never seem to be enough Kansas wrestlers named to that distinction. I wonder why that is?

Gary Ulmer

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: Gary Ulmer] #167703 04/05/10 05:08 PM
badbo Offline
Because the KS kids wrestle about 10 matches overall less than MO, and several KCMO teams go to the national KCI tournament, the clash in MN, or superduals in OH. (or similiar in past years). Only St. James can compare with schedule and ironically Moeder and Cokeley are right up there. (Cokeley would have been first team any other year, but Friedley is just as decorated and a Sr).

Last year my son was 38-2 and a state champ and was 2nd team behind a kid who was 48-2 and a state champ, plus the kid was 2nd at the KCI national tournament. I actually think the other kid was better so I have no issue with it, but my point is stat for stat we will lose every time unless, we have kids that are very close to undefeated, or are in a weight that is not dominated by a Oak Park, Blue Springs, or Park Hill kid. Now Park Hill graduated 4 D1 signees this year so that outlook will change some but MO kids will continue to get 10 more matches a year.

JMO.

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: badbo] #167730 04/05/10 10:41 PM
Cokeley Offline
Ryne has been 2nd Team three years in a row. The first year Justin Forrest was a 4x SC and a senior. No problem. Last year Luke Greco was a 1x SC and wasn't a very dominate wrestler. Blue Springs schedule and coach's influence probably got him the nod. I was in total disagreement with that but it is what it is. This year Ryne is a 3X SC and Caleb is a 2X...:) I thought KS might steal one since we were robbed last year. Caleb was deserving. He is going on to Northwestern and we hope the best for him. He is a great competitor. Congratulations to him.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: Cokeley] #167737 04/06/10 12:41 AM
C
Cleve Welsh Offline
C
It's is very obvious that there is a Missouri side bias. When there is something close to parity, the MO boy gets the nod. There are a couple of glaring mistakes. One need only look at Brute results to see some of the bias.

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: Cokeley] #167740 04/06/10 02:07 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Ryne has been 2nd Team three years in a row. The first year Justin Forrest was a 4x SC and a senior. No problem. Last year Luke Greco was a 1x SC and wasn't a very dominate wrestler. Blue Springs schedule and coach's influence probably got him the nod. I was in total disagreement with that but it is what it is. This year Ryne is a 3X SC and Caleb is a 2X...:) I thought KS might steal one since we were robbed last year. Caleb was deserving. He is going on to Northwestern and we hope the best for him. He is a great competitor. Congratulations to him.

Ryne and Caleb were both very deserving. They are two of the best KC metro area wrestlers this year. Congratulations to Ryne on his post season accomplishments and his great season this year.

Vince Nowak

Re: KC All Metro Wrestlers [Re: Husker Fan] #167756 04/06/10 12:19 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Below is the listing of all the Kansas side 1st team, 2nd team and Honorable Mention KC STAR 2010 All Metro Team Selections. Congratulations to all of you and your coaches on a great season.

All-Metro wrestling team
Source: The Star

112 POUNDS

•Second team: Bo Pursel, Lansing, sophomore

•Honorable mention: Trevor Boyer, Mill Valley, senior;

119 POUNDS

•Honorable mention: Tre’ Humphrey, Shawnee Mission South, junior; Caleb Seaton, Bonner Springs, junior

125 POUNDS•
•Honorable mention: Symon Seaton, Basehor-Linwood, junior

130 POUNDS

•First team: Taylor Moeder, St. James Academy, junior. Record: 40-1. Moeder capped season with his second Kansas 4A state championship. Among Moeder’s wins this season were victories over state champions from Kansas, Missouri, Colorado and Oklahoma.

135 POUNDS

•First team: Zack Tanenbaum, Blue Valley North, junior. Record: 40-1. He won his second straight Kansas 6A state championship. In state quarterfinal, he trailed 6-4 with 20 seconds left, then put opponent in cradle and won 9-6.

••Honorable mention: Garret Hinckley, Lansing, junior

140 POUNDS

•Second team: Spencer Blew, Lansing, junior

•Honorable mention: Bryce Hood, Louisburg, senior

145 POUNDS

•Second team: Ryne Cokeley, St. James Academy, junior

152 POUNDS

•First team: Jake Walker, St. Thomas Aquinas, senior. Record: 44-2. He rebounded from a serious knee injury last year to place second at Kansas 5A state tournament, losing 3-2 in title match. He also finished with wins over Kansas 6A state champion Trip Hiller.

•Second team: Trip Hiller, Olathe South, senior

•Honorable mention: Cullen Demarest, Lansing, senior

160 POUNDS

•First team: Reece Wright-Conklin, Lawrence, sophomore. Record: 34-2. Wright-Conklin won his first Kansas 6A state championship with a convincing 7-1 victory in the state final. He also finished season with 20 pins.

•Honorable mention: Todd Curtis, Gardner Edgerton, senior

171 POUNDS

•First team: Parker Madl, Blue Valley, senior. Record: 47-0. He won his second Kansas 6A state title, pinning three of his four opponents at state tournament. Madl broke the state record for pins in a season with 40. He’ll wrestle at Oklahoma.

189 POUNDS

•Honorable mention: David Blazevic, Olathe North, senior

285 POUNDS

•Honorable mention: Ryan Kincaid, Bishop Miege, senior

Vince Nowak

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 150 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)