Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Baker University Inks Six More Recruits #169831 05/19/10 05:07 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
http://www.bakeru.edu/athletics2/men/wrestling/news-archive/3562-signing-period

BALDWIN CITY, Kan. - The Baker University wrestling team has signed Jordan Basks, Da'Koda Basks, Blake Mallory, Beau Bennett, Trevor Boyer and Todd Curtis to National Letters of Intent, coach Jimmy May announced on Monday.

"I am very excited about the attitudes that these guys are bringing to our program," said May. "They are quality student-athletes that are going to make a big impact in the Baker wrestling program."

Blake Mallory, Jordan Basks and Dakoda Basks from Claremore High School (Okla.) are multi-sport athletes.

Mallory, a two-time Class 5A State Champion wrestler, will compete in wrestling and baseball for the Wildcats, while the Basks brothers, who have five combined State Championships, will participate in wrestling and football.

“Baker is getting three quality young men who know what it takes to compete on a team,” Claremore athletic director and head baseball coach Brent Payne said.

Beau Bennett a Pittsburg High School senior will begin his career at Baker the same way he did in high school. Bennett moved from a junior varsity wrestler to a varsity state champion. His goal at Baker: Be a National Champion.

Beau Bennett signs with Baker.“You have to start out small,” said Bennett. “I want to go in, work hard, and make the varsity team. Then, I want to make myself better and qualify for nationals. And once I get there, I can start working toward becoming a national champion.”

“I think the sky is the limit for him,” said Jimmy May. “He has unlimited upside.”

May said he believed Bennett would hit his ceiling because of his work ethic. “That’s pretty rare to find a heavyweight who works like he does,” May said. “We have some tough kids, so he’ll have a room full of training partners to keep him working hard.”

Trevor BoyerAlso joining the Baker squad in 2010 will be Trevor Boyer a 2009 Kansas State Champion from Mill Valley High School. Boyer was also the 2010 runner-up and a four-time state qualifier.

Todd CurtisLocal product Todd Curtis from Gardner-Edgerton High School finished his high school career holding an all-time record of 127-34. Curtis comes to Baker ranking No. 2 on the all-time wins list at Garder-Edgerton to go along with his two-time runner-up crowns at the state championships.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Baker University Inks Six More Recruits [Re: Husker Fan] #169839 05/20/10 01:41 PM
badbo Offline
Very Nice class of recruits.

Re: Baker University Inks Six More Recruits [Re: badbo] #169852 05/21/10 12:00 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: badbo
Very Nice class of recruits.

I agree and I have some more Baker University 2010 recruits to report.

Phillip Henes Aquinas 2008 state champion and 2007 state finalist has signed with Baker. You can find an announcement on the the Baker Wrestling website in the Looking Forward tab.

http://www.bakeru.edu/athletics2/men/wrestling

Baldwin High School standout Josh Hansen signed a letter of intent on April 2, 2010.

Hanson, a three-time state qualifier for the Bulldogs, placed third at state as a senior, owning a 43-9 record. Hanson is one of only seven BHS wrestlers to win 40 matches in a season. He also finished with 126 career wins, placing fifth on BHS' all-time

You can find Josh's announcement in the Local Recruit tab on the Baker University Wrestling Website.

In addition, Coach Jimmy May informed me today of the following recruits that he is signing but the information on these recruits is not yet on the Baker wrestling website.

Logan Gaskill of Emporia High has signed. Logan is a four time state qualifier, two time state placer including a 2010 State Championship this year as a senior.

Josh Haugen a top recruit out of Oklahoma has signed.

Matt Rabinowitz an All American from Louisiana has signed.

Parker Owen a NWCA National Qualifier from Texas has signed.

Austin Hamm a top 215 4A wrestler in 2008 from Spring Hill High School and recently from Pratt CC college will be wrestling at Baker University next year.

Chris Tackett a state qualifier from Texas has signed.

AJ Gassman a state qualifier from Missouri has signed.

Marcus Banducci a two time state placer from Idaho has signed.

I would imagine there will be more details on these last eight recruits on the Baker website in the near future. It does appear however that Coach Jimmy May is having a second great recruiting class.

Go Baker University Wrestling Wildcats!

Vince Nowak

Re: Baker University Inks Six More Recruits [Re: Husker Fan] #169865 05/21/10 09:10 PM
Isenberg133 Offline
Good to see Phil Henes wrestling again!

Re: Baker University Inks Six More Recruits [Re: Isenberg133] #169871 05/22/10 08:17 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
It will be great to see Phillip Henes wrestling againg this year. Perhaps we will see some more of those classic Henes and Isenberg matches again.

Jimmy May has informed me that Baker University has also signed Xavier Brown a state qualifier from Nevada.

Vince Nowak

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)