Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189643 04/28/11 01:06 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Whew! Boy you all kept me working tonight. I am not sure I have had a busier evening with these announcements. But this is great. I know we all love hearing about all these great young Kansas wrestlers and their plans to continue their wrestling careers. Do me a favor and watch that I did everything correctly tonight. I am a little tired and with so many individual postings tonight I do not want to report something incorrectly. I want to correct it if I do. Here goes tonight's updates. Also I am going to include Walker Clarke going to Fort Hays State from Labette CC, since it is announcement of a wrestler from a Kansas Junior College to a Kansas university.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Zach Anderson of Clay Center Community HS---Labette Community College
Taylor Baird of Pratt HS---Pratt Community College
Tyler Baughman of Lansing HS---Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, IA)
Spenser Blew of Lansing HS---Air Force Academy
Troy Clark of Chanute HS---Neosho County Community College
Mario Corado of Pittsburg HS---North Carolina State University
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Tyler Douglass of Wamego HS---Baker University
Tyler Dryden of Kapaun-Mt. Carmel HS---Fort Hays State University
Garrett Dunkelberger of Cheney HS---Pratt Community College
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Zack Grimes of Osawatomie HS---Fort Hays State University
Jake Hattabaugh of Andale HS---Newman University
Ryan Hodges of Mill Valley HS---Labette Community College
Zach Hoehn of Wellsville HS---Pratt Community College
Derek Holly of Shawnee Heights HS---Fort Hays State University
Tre' Humphrey of Shawnee Mission South HS---the University of New Mexico, Highlands
William Hunter of Topeka HS---Midland University
Kyle Johnson of Columbus HS---Fort Hays State University
Landon Keiswetter of Norton HS---Pratt Community College
Bradley Little of Derby HS---Fort Hays State University
Zach Litvak of Gardner Edgerton HS---Baker University
James Lohman of Turner HS---Missouri Valley College
Aspen Kmiec of Shawnee Heights HS---Labette Community College
Airen Maxwell of Piper HS---Fort Hays State University
Colt McElroy of Garden City HS---Bethany College
Seth Miller of Goodland HS---NWKTC
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Bo Newport of LaCygne-Prairie View HS---Baker University
Dylan Penka of Kapaun Mt. Carmel---South Dakota State University
Chase Sanchez of Emporia HS---Bethany College
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Brett Terrell of Norton-Norton Comm HS---NWKTC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Jesse Austin of Baldwin HS---Football and Track at Baker University
Derique Carey of Lansing HS---Football at Fort Scott Community College
Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Donnie Lockhart of Shawnee Height HS---Football at Washburn University
Thomas Lowe of Eureka HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Gabe Nelson of Wichita North HS---Soccer at Friends University
Tate Omli of Ell-Saline HS---Football at Butler County Community College
Trent Robb of Perry-Lecompton HS---Football at Ottawa University
Dillon Salmans of Hoxie HS---Football at Garden City Community College
Dillon Scanlon of Lansing HS---ROTC at Cal-Poly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Kansas High School wrestlers signing to wrestle with new colleges next year and Kansas Junior College Transfers:

Walker Clarke of Labette CC---Fort Hays State University
Colby Crank of Hutchinson HS Class of 2009---Bethany College
Tanner Kriss of Colby HS and Indiana University---Fort Hays State University
Brett LaMar of Silver Lake HS Class of 2010---Labette CC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189678 04/28/11 06:24 PM
I
ike Offline
I
I recieved an email from Seaman Head Coach Pat Kelly that 2011 Runner-up and 2x placer Cole Schreiner has verbally committed to wrestle at Bethany College. It looks like he will be officially signing on the 4th.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #189683 04/28/11 07:58 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Fort Hays is also getting another 197 from a Division I school... not to hi-jack the thread.

I am not sure if this is whom Alex was referring to but I just received exciting news.

Tanner Kriss, Colby High School Class of 2009 and 2009 State Champion at 215 is transferring from Indiana University and will soon be signing to wrestle next year at Fort Hays State University.

Tanner Kriss, congratulations and good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Fort Hays State University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189684 04/28/11 08:51 PM
I
ike Offline
I
Looks like a couple heavy hitters for FHSU at 184 and 197. They will be great workout partners for each other too. I like the way the recruiting season is coming along for the Tigers.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189690 04/29/11 12:53 AM
MVHS2011 Offline
Ryan Hodges, Mill Valley High School in Shawnee, KS will wrestle next year for Labette Community College. He was a 2x State Qualifier @ 103# in 2009 & @ 125# in 2011 in Class 5A.

Good Luck Ry in your new wrestling & academic endeavours !!

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189691 04/29/11 01:30 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Fort Hays is also getting another 197 from a Division I school... not to hi-jack the thread.

I am not sure if this is whom Alex was referring to but I just received exciting news.

Tanner Kriss, Colby High School Class of 2009 and 2009 State Champion at 215 is transferring from Indiana University and will soon be signing to wrestle next year at Fort Hays State University.

Tanner Kriss, congratulations and good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Fort Hays State University.

It was... should be a real nice 184/197 combo in Clarke & Kriss..

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #189698 04/29/11 10:06 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Yes, Fort Hays State is developing some quality depth and talent in those upper weights with these two and what they already have. This appears to be a very strong overall recruiting class for Fort Hays State with the other additional freshmen too. They should have a very competitive team over the next few years.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189699 04/29/11 10:19 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have seen this young man wrestle several times and the University of New Mexico, Highlands is getting a quality wrestler by winning this recruiting battle.

Tre' Humphrey of Shawnee Mission South HS has verbally committed to wrestle and attend the University of New Mexico, Highlands, Located in Las Vegas, New Mexico.

Career record 142-12: (Shawnee Mission South)
3X state placer
Fr: 5th @ state
Jr: 3rd @ state
Sr: 1st @ state

3X Regional Campion, 3X League Champion, (3X) First Team All Sun Conference, (2X) Honorable Mention KC Star All Metro team, Member of 2011 Kansas All Star Team (Metro Classic), Member of Kansas Senior National Team (Virginia Beach), 2011 Regional Wrestler of the Year, (2010-11)Johnson County Classic Outstanding Wrestler

That is an excellent record!

Tre' Humphrey, Congratulations on your high school wrestling career and good luck with your wrestling and academics next year at the University of New Mexico, Highlands.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: MVHS2011] #189700 04/29/11 10:26 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: MVHS2011
Ryan Hodges, Mill Valley High School in Shawnee, KS will wrestle next year for Labette Community College. He was a 2x State Qualifier @ 103# in 2009 & @ 125# in 2011 in Class 5A.

Good Luck Ry in your new wrestling & academic endeavours !!

Congratulations, Ryan Hodges!

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: ike] #189701 04/29/11 11:06 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: ike
I recieved an email from Seaman Head Coach Pat Kelly that 2011 Runner-up and 2x placer Cole Schreiner has verbally committed to wrestle at Bethany College. It looks like he will be officially signing on the 4th.

I have not forgotten this post, but I am waiting confirmation from Coach Marrs who has been alerting me about each of his signings to date. He may be waiting until Cole actually signs for the announcement but I will update the list as soon as I hear from Coach Marrs.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189716 04/29/11 11:20 PM
I
ike Offline
I
No worries on your updates, your doing a great job keeping everyone up to date on signings. Also, got the word today that Seaman wrestler Justin Ogden (state placer) will also be signing on Wednesday. He's headed down to Neosho CC to continue his wrestling career.

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: ike] #189748 05/01/11 08:11 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Adam Guthmiller from St. Francis HS has signed to play football for Sterling College next. Adam was 1st Team Linebacker his junior and senior year. 2nd Team Offensive Tackle his junior year and Honorable Mention Linebacker his sophomore year.

Adam was a 2nd place finisher at 3-2-1A State as a senior at 215 in 2011 with a record of 36-3 and a state qualifier as a junior.

Actually I had posted this announcement back in March but I was checking and it appears that I had dropped Adam from the list by mistake. So I am posting it again and putting Adam back on the list.

Adam Guthmiller, congratulations on your multi high school sport career and good luck next year with your football and academics at Sterling College.

Nick Collins of Augustana HS---Pratt Community College
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Tre' Humphrey of Shawnee Mission South HS---the University of New Mexico, Highlands
Colten Picking of Abilene HS---Pratt Community College
Zack Tanenbaum of Blue Valley North HS---Brown University Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Bradley Wagner of Hutchinson HS---Bethany College

2011 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

Brandon Flanagan of Shawnee HS---Football & Baseball at Butler County Community College
Adam Guthmiller of St.Francis HS---Football at Sterling College
Former Kansas High School wrestlers signing to wrestle with new colleges next year and Kansas Junior College Transfers:

Gage Deere of Washburn Rural 2008 and New Mexico Highlands---Pratt Community College
Tanner Kriss of Colby HS 2009 and Indiana University---Fort Hays State University

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189749 05/01/11 08:22 PM
K
Kyle Patton Offline
K
Add another tough Kansas wrestler to the Pratt Beavers. Sheldon Graves of Rossville will be wrestling next year at Pratt. Great kid, great family. Good luck next year, Sheldon!

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Kyle Patton] #189767 05/02/11 04:30 PM
BigPin22 Offline

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: BigPin22] #189774 05/02/11 11:57 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Per the NJCAA website, Colten Picking of Abilene High School signed on 4-26-11 with Pratt Community College.

Colten is a four time state qualifer and a 3 time state placer placing 3rd three times in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Per the records in the state tournament brackets Colten had a 113-23 career record.

Colten Picking, congratulations on your high school wrestling career. Good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Pratt Community College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189782 05/03/11 09:31 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Gage Deere a former state placer from the class of 2008 Washburn Rural and New Mexico Highlands is planning on wrestling next year at Pratt Community College.

Gage Deere, welcome back to Kansas and good luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Pratt Community College.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189818 05/05/11 12:57 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
http://www.bethanyswedes.com/article/1331.php

Quote:
Bradley Wagner, Hutchinson, Kan., has signed a letter of intent to wrestle at Bethany College for the 2011-2012 academic year.

Wagner comes to Bethany from Hutchinson High School, where he was a state qualifier in wrestling. He earned Academic All-State honors and First Team All-Ark Valley Chisholm Trail League honors. In addition to wrestling, Wagner also participated in football.

Head Wrestling Coach Jacob Marrs says, "Brad has all the physical tools to be successful at the college level. He wrestled for Coach Garcia's father down at Hutchinson and will excel under our training methods here at Bethany. We are excited about Brad and what he brings to our program."

Wagner is the son of Larry and Charlotte Wagner. He has a 3.8 grade point average and plans to major in criminal justice.

Bradley Wagner, congratulations on high school academic and wrestling career. Good luck with your wrestling and academics at Bethany College next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189830 05/05/11 09:41 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I received this private message yesterday from Coach Robert Bovaird of Washburn Rural. There is no way I could say this better than this:

Vince --

I had three Washburn Rural seniors sign to wrestle collegiately yesterday:

Aaron Freeze signed with Baker. Freeze wrestled 189 this year, winning the Shawnee Mission South Invitational, leading the team with 18 falls, receiving the Most Improved Wrestler award (he began as a sophomore), and having a 23-19 record. He was also a member of the Cross Country team and Honorable Mention Academic All-State in wrestling.

Marcus Tolbert also signed with Baker. Tolbert was only able to wrestle 1 match this season due to a knee injury sustained in football. He kept trying to get back on the mat, but eventually had to heed doctors' advice to take care of his torn ACL. He was a team captain, a state qualifier at 140 lbs. in 2010, and one of the hardest-working athletes I've worked with. Tolbert began wrestling in 9th grade.

Nathan Shipley signed with Ft. Hays State. Shipley posted a 38-9 record (tying the school record for most wins in a season), was a 2-time state qualifier (was one match from placing at 160 this season), set 6 school records and is on the top-20 list for three different state records, was a team captain, and our Outstanding Senior Wrestler this year. He was Honorable Mention Academic All-State.

All three are great wrestlers -- outstanding leaders, reliable young men, and fine role models. They were the major force this season in leading the squad to achieve above and beyond what might have been expected by others. They will be sorely missed, but they'll represent Kansas well at the next level

Aaron Freeze, Marcus Tolbert, and Nathan Shipley, Congratulations on your high school wrestling and academic accomplishments. Best of luck next year with your wrestling and academics at Baker University and Fort Hays University.

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189831 05/05/11 09:50 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Please read the previous post to see the announcement on Aaron Freeze, Nathan Shipley and Marcus Tolbert all of Washburn Rural HS.

Nick Collins of Augusta HS---Pratt Community College
Aaron Freeze of Washburn Rural HS---Baker University
Colten Picking of Abilene HS---Pratt Community College
Nathan Shipley of Washburn Rural---Fort Hays State University
Marcus Tolbert of Washburn Rural HS---Baker University
Bradley Wagner of Hutchinson HS---Bethany College

Adam Guthmiller of St.Francis HS---Football at Sterling College

Gage Deere of Washburn Rural 2008 and New Mexico Highlands---Pratt Community College
Tanner Kriss of Colby HS 2009 and Indiana University---Fort Hays State University

Vince Nowak

Re: Class of 2011 College Bound Seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #189842 05/06/11 10:37 AM
coachp Offline
Skylar McComb,of Derby signed with Pratt Community College yesterday. Skyler had an overall record of 98-36. He was a three time state qualifer and placed 4th in 07-08 and 3rd in 09-10. He was 1st team AVCTL Div. 1 in 09-10 & 10-11 and Honerable Mention 07-08. He was a memeber of the Derby Wrestling All-Academic Honerable Mention team.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)