Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: moeder] #174151 11/01/10 03:55 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Correction, amazing that Chief, Quagmire and Moeder missed my point.
Did you guys not read the previous posts that lead up to that comment? No, you just saw comment from X, let's get him, that's how it usually works. Your turn Cokeley, I'll be disappointed if you don't get in on the action, especially since Ryne placed at Super 32. Congratulations by the way to him and you, great accomplishment. I am not surprised.
And I wouldn't say "backed out" Moeder because I'm not backing out of my comment. I stand by what I originally said but I am apparently clarifying what I already stated. And next time I will be clearer. But I know what you mean Moeder.
Have a great day all!

Last edited by XGHSWC; 11/01/10 03:56 PM.
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: HISWAY] #174152 11/01/10 03:55 PM
Bender Offline
Well there's your problem HISWAY our climate in kansas is too mild. Kids spend an equal amount of time on indoor as they do outdoor sports, its just a shame.

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: XGHSWC] #174159 11/01/10 04:59 PM
moeder Offline
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
No, you just saw comment from X, let's get him, that's how it usually works.

Don't go flattering yourself now X, I would have replied the same way no matter who would have made that comment! wink

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: HISWAY] #174163 11/01/10 05:31 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: HISWAY
You have missed my point. The more kids and parents you have involved in wrestling the better it will be. I come from the south where football is lived and breathed. The only thing I am saying is that start them early get them excited and the sport will only prosper. From the northern states wrestling is as football is in the south. Maybe because its is an indoor event in a climate that no one wants to be outside I do not know but it is a passion in the Northern states. Due to this passion the do very well at national events.

I am not sure what I "missed" HISWAY, you were pretty clear about it.

As I sit here in cedarfalls iowa and wonder why I see so many kids from Minn,Wis,Ill, and Iowa. Kansas has a handfull of kids here. I have seen posts in the past commenting how Ks kids fall short compaired to above mentioned states. Well the answer lies in these posts. They start early in childs life and like football in Texas it is second to Religion. Strength is in numbers and if you want to see Kansas compete stronger at the national level get as many kids and parents excited about the sport as you can.

Here is what you said above.

You got in on the 6 and under state discussion, saw that some people didn't think it was necessary and commented that was the problem with Kansas wrestling. You stated that according to other comments you had seen, Kansas fell short compared to others and that it was somewhat due to not everyone in Kansas being in favor of 6 and under state. If we in Kansas were all on the same page with regard to 6 and under state we would have greater interest and more excited parents and be able to "compete" stronger at the National level. You then thru out the Super 32 comment, stated that we did "poorly" and used that to justify your derogatory comments about Kansas.

That is what I read HISWAY, what did I miss?

I replied that:
Kansas has one of the top kids enrollments, in spite of its small population, Fact.
Kansas has some of the most excited parents on the planet, just go to the tournaments, Fact.
Kansas is almost always in the top 10 every year at either Fargo, the National Duals or Senior Nationals if not more than one, in spite of its small population, Fact.

So the whole Kansas falls short, can't compete comments bother me. They are not only offensive, they are not accurate.
I am not trying to be mean or offensive HISWAY and I apologize if I have been.

Super 32 is not a good indicator of where Kansas is as a state because most of our best wrestlers don't even go. I didn't say it that way the first time and that comment was taken out of context by some so I need to do a better job of making sure that I am crystal clear with my comments obviously.

But I know one thing for sure and that is that Kansas Wrestling rocks!

And everyone have a great day!

Last edited by XGHSWC; 11/01/10 05:59 PM.
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: moeder] #174164 11/01/10 05:56 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: moeder
No, you just saw comment from X, let's get him, that's how it usually works.

Don't go flattering yourself now X, I would have replied the same way no matter who would have made that comment! wink

10-4.

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: XGHSWC] #174166 11/01/10 06:20 PM
H
HISWAY Offline
H
Your comments were not taken as offensive. Your passion for wrestling and the State is great now let that breed over into getting other people excited about it too.

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: XGHSWC] #174173 11/01/10 08:56 PM
Cokeley Offline
Heres what I. Believe kids and parents involved period. Check and tell me how we did at preason nationals and two wrestlers left at super 32. Sure looks kansas is on same level. Results speak loud.

"Super 32" don't mean nothing to me and the results of that prove nothing.
I am talking about Senior Nationals, the National Duals and Fargo.
But you are right that results speak loud so you better check those results before you start popping off.

X

I am offended by the Super 32 comment. You have never been there so that sounds like a very uneducated comment. I have taken my son there five times. It is second to Fargo only. This year with the extended periods and college out of bounds, it was SUPERB wrestling. 100 plus guys in your bracket! PA, OH, CA, IL, MN, WI, IA, NY, NJ, MI, and FL are clearly better than KS. We have a great number of USA Wrestlers but some states have as many as three wrestling organizations so you really cannot go by those numbers only.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: Cokeley] #174174 11/01/10 09:10 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Only 150 days until my rankings come out.

How did Super 32 get on this thread? That looked like a great tournament this year and the prior years.

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: smokeycabin] #174175 11/01/10 09:17 PM
Cokeley Offline
http://techniquewave.flowrestling.org/vi...-codey-combs-de

Check out the size of the 152lber in green. They were huge!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: Cokeley] #174179 11/01/10 09:41 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yikes - average 149 pounder next year. Did last years weigh in count for him.

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: smokeycabin] #174187 11/01/10 10:29 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
Yikes - average 149 pounder next year. Did last years weigh in count for him.

With the current NCAA weight loss restrictions in place I would bet big $'s that dude would never legally make 149. JMO

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: HISWAY] #174243 11/02/10 10:45 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Your comments were not taken as offensive. Your passion for wrestling and the State is great now let that breed over into getting other people excited about it too.

10-4, that's the plan.
Thanks.

Re: smokeycabin's rankings [Re: Cokeley] #174244 11/03/10 12:18 AM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Heres what I. Believe kids and parents involved period. Check and tell me how we did at preason nationals and two wrestlers left at super 32. Sure looks kansas is on same level. Results speak loud.

"Super 32" don't mean nothing to me and the results of that prove nothing.
I am talking about Senior Nationals, the National Duals and Fargo.
But you are right that results speak loud so you better check those results before you start popping off.

X

I am offended by the Super 32 comment. You have never been there so that sounds like a very uneducated comment. I have taken my son there five times. It is second to Fargo only. This year with the extended periods and college out of bounds, it was SUPERB wrestling. 100 plus guys in your bracket! PA, OH, CA, IL, MN, WI, IA, NY, NJ, MI, and FL are clearly better than KS. We have a great number of USA Wrestlers but some states have as many as three wrestling organizations so you really cannot go by those numbers only.

OMG, are you freakin serious Will?

Correction again, amazing that Chief, Quagmire, Moeder and now Cokeley also missed my point. I was expecting you Cokeley to pile on earlier but not now after I clarified, then reclarified twice. That's called a late hit and unnecessary roughness and I'm throwing a flag on that. Wow, talk about somebody not reading the previous posts. Are you serious Cokeley? Did you not read any of the previous posts that produced my "offensive" comment and the subsequent comments which clearly explained how the comment was taken out of context and how no one should be offended, not even you. I even congratulated you and Ryne. So go back and read thru my comments and you will see (hopefully) that your comment above was very unnecessary. If you have read them then I can only assume that you just like to argue/badger/offend/etc. and you were therefore compelled to submit a totally unnecessary comment.

Now as for your comment Will. As I said, it was totally unnecessary but it was also almost r tard ed and now I am offended.

First off, you have no idea whether I have been to the "Illustrious Super 32" or not Will, so that's not an accurate comment.
And secondly, I don't have to go to the "Illustrious Super 32" to know how tough it is, etc. Like I said, that goes without saying. It's a no-brainer. All one has to do is look at the brackets and the entries to know that. I don't need to go to know that. I already admitted how tough it is, etc. So NO Will, my comment was not uneducated but it sounds like your comment was from what I have read. Once again, your comment's not accurate.

We do have something in common though Will and that is that we both offend people easily. But the difference is that I don't offend everybody every time that I comment and when I do it is not intentional and I do feel bad about. Whereas you offend someone almost every time you comment and you obviously do it on purpose and you don't care who you offend. And that's ok Will, that is your right obviously but that is not me so don't paint that picture.

Speaking of painting pictures, that is what I was trying to do, paint a better picture of Kansas wrestling and I get attacked for it, go figure. That's hard to take, especially when it is from someone who paints a bad picture of Kansas wrestling as verified by your comments. But once again, it's your right to cast Kansas Wrestling in a bad light, just not sure why you would want to do that.

Bottom line for sure is that "Illustrious Super 32", no matter how tough it is, second only to Fargo, etc., is not a good indicator of where Kansas wrestling is as a whole because, once again, most of Kansas's best wrestlers don't even go.

You stated that Kansas wrestling was behind all the other states you listed, well duh. They should be "better" than "us" with their populations. So like I said, based on "our" population, Kansas wrestling is right on spot and is doing great. I'm still not sure why we do so well at the National Duals, Senior Nationals and Fargo inspite of our obvious inferior wrestling. And I will continue to champion Kansas Wrestling and you can continue to trash it and when Ryne wins another state title it won't mean anything and it won't "prove" anything because he did in a weak wrestling state. But it's ok because he can still "prove" himself at the "Illustrious Super 32".

I do respect your sticktoitivness though Will. You are obviously one of the most educated informed people on the planet. You are obviously driven and dedicated to task and position. You are brutally honest, as honest as you can be based on what you think. You definitely call a spade a spade and I like that in a man. And if I offended you, well, oh boo hoo, join the club.

Yes, smokeycabin, how did Super 32 get on this thread? Not really, I know exactly how and I would like to suggest that if the current line of comments is to continue it should be restarted under a different thread with an appropriate heading.

Once again, Kansas Wrestling Rocks!
You Rock too Cokeley!
Now let the mud fly, if you must.

And everyone have a great day!

Last edited by XGHSWC; 11/03/10 01:36 AM.
Re: smokeycabin's final rankings [Re: XGHSWC] #184465 02/27/11 05:16 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline OP
OP Offline
S

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/27/11 05:27 PM.
Re: smokeycabin's final rankings [Re: smokeycabin] #184572 02/27/11 10:29 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Always taking the easy way out!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 175 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)