Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Portable Scoreboards / Bout # Display Questions #174233 11/02/10 05:47 PM
Pelland Offline OP
OP Offline
We are looking to purchase new portable double sided flipper type scoreboards, and bout numbering displays. I have a few questions and would like some input please....

1) Does anyone have a personal preference on brand for scoreboards (brite/cliff keen/???)?

2) I assume people prefer stand-up double sided scoring displays rather than the kind that sits flat on the table and you flip them over the front.

3) I haven't seen anything for bout numbering, but.... check out this link possible bout numbering system Not sure if this is double sided or not. I figured if it's not, we could always buy extra numbers and glue them together so they are double sided (unless they get to fat then we could print numbers on paper and either laminate or use wide packing tape and tape them on the back side....what do you think? I would prefer to buy rather than build, but we can build them. If you have a better idea, or can point me in the right direction please do.

4) Do you prefer the bout numbers being the same front and back, or have the current match number facing the mat, and the next match up on the back side. Personally I prefer them to be the same.

I can't remember what the Bishop Carrol tournament used last year, but I remember thinking that their tables really looked sharp and professional. Maybe someone from their club can chime in!!!

Thanks,

Greg Pelland

Re: Portable Scoreboards / Bout # Display Questions [Re: Pelland] #174234 11/02/10 06:36 PM
M
Mark Moore Offline
M
We made our own bout sheets for each table. Burned up a whole lot of paper and three laser toners for my printer. Then we three hole punched them, put them in paper protectors and hooked them to home made pvc stands with shower curtain hangers. took a few $$ and some man hours, but we shouldn't have to do it again!

Mark Moore
Carroll Jr Wrestling

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)