Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: John Moses] #188200 03/31/11 06:57 PM
E
Eagle One Offline
E
Don't know if I have ever been to a coaches meeting where minutes were taken.

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Eagle One] #188201 03/31/11 07:00 PM
J
John Moses Offline
J
Ya, that confused me as well...

John Moses
Maize Wrestling
316 209 8661
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: stick'em] #188203 03/31/11 07:30 PM
E
effwhyeye Offline
E
Originally Posted By: stick'em
It would be helpful if you would post the minutes from your meeting when you decided the placement of these boys. We would like to know who the coaches are that were at this meeting. It seems that there were weight changes on these boys that were not posted on your "multiple posts in no particular order". I want you and your team of pickers to make us understand why you choose seedings in the order that you did. The 65 to 80#lb picks appear to be manipulated with weight changes and placement of boys that are clearly not seeded correctly. Why is the Onwugbufor moved to a diffrent weight. We also want to know where Trowbridge has wrestled any of these 70lb# this year. Please state where and when these matches took place for I have not found one. A little clarity would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice in previous years that you hold your meeting on a weekend so other coaches can attend that are not over a hundred miles away on a work week or via camra on internet so that all boys can be measured and judged equally. I don't think that should be a problem seeings your results were not posted until today. I know Trackwrestling is not a accurate measure of boys. There are several large tournaments not on track and I have looked at them to. And have yet to find evidence or reasoning of your choices. One last thing is this your private team or is this a sanctioned USA KANSAS team because I am also baffled who the true judge and jury is on the selection process. But if you kindly post those meeting minutes and the coaches that attended I'm sure things will become clear as a bell. Thank you for your time and I hope to have a speedy reply to the questions set forth. Thank you

This is why we now have Middle School State Championship

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: stick'em] #188204 03/31/11 07:31 PM
D
daleck Offline OP
OP Offline
D
There are no minutes from the meeting.

This is put together voluntarily by many of the best coaches in the state.

We try to put together the most competitive teams we can.

Wrestler grow, others feel they have to cut to be competitive at these national events. There are always last minute requests to get in. We have one kid who has a stomach disease and has lost weight because he has no choice but to eat healthy. I specifically asked one dad if his son could cut down a weight class to help the team. There are several weight where 1 and 2 are probably interchangeable.

We go to this event to help kids get better and to have a little fun.

These teams receive no money from Kansas Wrestling.

If your son is not where you think he deserves to be and you want to keep him home and miss out on some great wrestling, feel free to do so.

Dal Eck
dal@matteck.com
316-641-4913
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: John Moses] #188205 03/31/11 07:33 PM
S
stick'em Offline
S
I did not sign on to listen to your rant. I did not insult anyone including you. I asked clear questions and would like them answered. I am sure it is safe to say that you were a member of that comittee. Seeings your a man of great vizion and apparent wisdom maybe you can answer the questions. I have kept up with this thread frequently and what was presented today is far from what has been posted and a far cry from the facts of these boys true wrestling statistics of this year. If the team was going to be hand picked by one such as yerself it should have been stated. It has not been selected by accurate true facts of their records and state placings... WHICH WAS STATED ON THIS THREAD for the selection process. So please refrain from your typing in red and bullying tactics. I want to know why and who placed them like that. If you can not justify what was done and why and have no recall of the meeting that took place then you are the wrong man for the job also. A little clarity on the selection would put this to bed.

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: effwhyeye] #188206 03/31/11 07:34 PM
D
daleck Offline OP
OP Offline
D
There have been some discussions about that. We may have to do it at some point.

Dal Eck
dal@matteck.com
316-641-4913
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: stick'em] #188207 03/31/11 07:44 PM
S
stick'em Offline
S
Thank you for your response Dal. But once again I did not ask who the great coaches of this state are. I asked who was at the meeting. It is apparent after these comments that boys were slided for personal prefrence then their abilities. Which is absolutely fine just make sure next year that when you ask for participants that you clearly state YOU ARE HAND PICKING YOUR PREFERED BOYS not the ones who earned the spot with their current years preformance. Next year lets not be a wolf in sheep skin its tacky.

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: stick'em] #188208 03/31/11 07:48 PM
J
John Moses Offline
J
No I wasn't at the meeting, I just appreciate the hard work put in by those other than yourself.

I believe the clarification you are looking for is posted just above your second fit!!

John Moses
Maize Wrestling
316 209 8661
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: John Moses] #188209 03/31/11 07:58 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I am almost sure that somewhere in here in states team will be set by the kids finish in state this year.

If there is anyone that thinks a 12U placer is below a 10U is not usually accurate, but possible.

Dal does a great job with this I hope we don't blow this because someone told you your kid isn't as good as ones on the list.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Teamroper] #188211 03/31/11 08:22 PM
S
stick'em Offline
S
If it's not going to be a fare pick then just be honest from the start don't wait for state. Apparently there are several boys good enough and better then they are placed. But that was not the selection process that was described on the forum. Good luck to all the boys have a safe trip. Chin up to the ones that got shafted nothing about wrestling is fair. And no thanks to the great coaches of this state that did not show repect to the boys that got shafted they worked just as hard as yours and these BOYS ARE NOT FROM OKLAHOMA

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Teamroper] #188212 03/31/11 08:22 PM
BLT Offline
There's also many cases where a 12U non state qualifier is still a better choice then a 10U state placer. This task is like any other seeding meeting, unless someone has direct criteria over someone else then somewhere someone has to make a judgement call.
I promise you that these young men will have an excellent experience and will be very well looked after. They will see some of the best competition in the country and build relationships that will last for many years to come.
That alone is worth the cost!
Thanks for all you guys have done of these kids and promoting KS wrestling.

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Teamroper] #188214 03/31/11 08:28 PM
E
Eagle One Offline
E
I was at this meeting. Please do tell what weight or weights we have so wrong and what kid you think got seeded wrong.

Bryce Hughbanks
Maize Wrestling Coach

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Eagle One] #188215 03/31/11 07:40 PM
B
Bowen Offline
B
Dal, please feel free to move zach up or down the scale , and keep him as long as u like. That will keep me from me feeding him ,i figured i'll save a little money before next season

Last edited by Bowen; 03/31/11 08:42 PM.
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Eagle One] #188216 03/31/11 08:42 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I was there also and I know there were some tough call but the group worked through each one and put them where we thought they should be.

Again I am sure it was stated by how they finished in STATE would how they would be placed, with the exception of 12U kids.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: daleck] #188218 03/31/11 08:46 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: daleck
Yes, state placing will be taken into account. We want to take the most competitive teams we can. Sometimes in 12 and under (mostly in the heavier weights) there will not be any 6th grade state placers though.

Just for the record.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: stick'em] #188223 03/31/11 09:31 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: stick'em
It would be helpful if you would post the minutes from your meeting when you decided the placement of these boys. We would like to know who the coaches are that were at this meeting. It seems that there were weight changes on these boys that were not posted on your "multiple posts in no particular order". I want you and your team of pickers to make us understand why you choose seedings in the order that you did. The 65 to 80#lb picks appear to be manipulated with weight changes and placement of boys that are clearly not seeded correctly. Why is the Onwugbufor moved to a diffrent weight. We also want to know where Trowbridge has wrestled any of these 70lb# this year. Please state where and when these matches took place for I have not found one. A little clarity would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice in previous years that you hold your meeting on a weekend so other coaches can attend that are not over a hundred miles away on a work week or via camra on internet so that all boys can be measured and judged equally. I don't think that should be a problem seeings your results were not posted until today. I know Trackwrestling is not a accurate measure of boys. There are several large tournaments not on track and I have looked at them to. And have yet to find evidence or reasoning of your choices. One last thing is this your private team or is this a sanctioned USA KANSAS team because I am also baffled who the true judge and jury is on the selection process. But if you kindly post those meeting minutes and the coaches that attended I'm sure things will become clear as a bell. Thank you for your time and I hope to have a speedy reply to the questions set forth. Thank you

How can they invite you when you don't post your name or email address? I agree with Moses, it is a ton of work and time to set these up. There are only two words that should come out of anyone's mouth "Thank you".

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Cokeley] #188226 03/31/11 09:40 PM
KMac Offline
I still haven't seen an answer to the question from Eagle One. What weight or weights do you think are incorrect and which kid or kids are seeded wrong?

Dal----Thanks for taking the time to put this together. You can't please everyone, especially when you can't get specifics on where you have allegedly made mistakes.

Kevin McCracken
Boos' School

Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: KMac] #188230 03/31/11 09:52 PM
S
Spexy Offline
S
Not doing this dual; due to making the ms team..But I know almost all the boys between 65-80 ....what a tough choice. Looks like imo they have set a great team to represent Kansas...good luck to all going to Nebraska!!!

Eric Spexarth
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Spexy] #188237 03/31/11 10:56 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Great job by Dal and the coach's who are volunteering their time to provide opportunities for our youth wrestlers.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: 2011 Heartland Elementary National Duals [Re: Spexy] #188239 03/31/11 11:11 PM
C
Coach Prieto Offline
C
Wow!! So have your kid go and prove that he belonged on Team 1. That simple! The only injustice here would be if you didn't send your kid to wrestle in this event because you think he is better than everyone! My son was on team 2 last year but he felt he was the better wrestler even though he had lost to the kid ahead of him. I told him to go up there and prove it. He went undefeated and truly enjoyed the opportunity to have wrestled in this event. These gentlemen truly care about this sport and are doing things to better these young men by spending their time and energy putting this together. What are you doing? I truly doubt that the young men could care less what team they're on, it's the parents ego's that get hurt, like yours. Of course this is assuming that you have a young man wrestling!! Many years from now no one will really care who was on team 1, 2 or 3 they will remember the friends and good times that will be made by attending events like these. Don't spoil it for your kid that is wanting to go because your ego gets hurt because "little Johnny" didn't get picked to represent team 1. Send them because they are representing Kansas and themselves!!
Thanks Dal for everything you do!!
Carlos Prieto
cprieto@gckschools.com

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)