Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #182288 02/15/11 05:34 PM
D
David Garcia Offline
D
Damn Tracy you just have to get the last word in and the next and next etc. LOL !!!!

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #182289 02/15/11 05:34 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
It is great at taking entries and running the opening round of brackets! Beyond that you're better off doing it by hand.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: sportsfan02] #182290 02/15/11 05:45 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I was asked to enlighten my thoughts so I did.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: David Garcia] #182291 02/15/11 05:45 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: David Garcia
Damn Tracy you just have to get the last word in and the next and next etc. LOL !!!!

I don't either!!!

lol

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #182293 02/15/11 05:58 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
It is great at taking entries and running the opening round of brackets! Beyond that you're better off doing it by hand.
do you have a carbon monixide detector in your house?? check the batterys. You may be dealing with a problem with your heat exchanger in your furnace.
Originally Posted By: Teamroper
Originally Posted By: David Garcia

I don't either!!!

lol
thats funny keep it up

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Jamie Davis] #182305 02/15/11 07:13 PM
J
jhawkmamax2 Offline
J
Jamie, that is so right--a kid can look completely different in a two week span (heck, in a two-hour span if they are cranky!). However, as a newbie parent with 2 boys exiting novice and entering opens, trackwrestling has been a help (albeit after the tournament) in looking at who my boys wrestled against and what they ranked (A, B, C or D) in an open. We don't know a lot of the wrestlers on other teams yet, so we don't know whether to expect to get creamed, have a fairly even match, or get a quick pin. It's a lot more motivating for my 8-year-old to realize when it's all over that the kid who cleaned his clock on Saturday was an A-level wrestler when he is just barely out of novice.

That said, it takes a lot more than one person with a computer to run a tournament with trackwrestling. As more schools get their internet issues figured out and more people get familiar with the TW entry system, maybe it will get easier.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #182321 02/15/11 08:29 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I think Trackwrestling could greatly help itself by being able to ad a match #9a or #9b, so that the brackets that clubs sell the night of weighins, are not completely screwed up. But then I guess if the top two seeds don't make weight, or no show, the whole bracket is redone anyway. Scratch that thought........

I like trackwrestling, and I think it is getting better, but like was pointed out, you never know when the internet is gonna go down. Maybe as a backup, have a few people with Verizon mobile internet pluggy into your computer thingymabobs........

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: doug747] #182421 02/16/11 03:45 AM
J
jhawkmamax2 Offline
J
Originally Posted By: doug747
Maybe as a backup, have a few people with Verizon mobile internet pluggy into your computer thingymabobs........

'Zactly! grin

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: jhawkmamax2] #182684 02/17/11 11:45 AM
S
Schrater Offline
S
Tracy

A couple of requests since you have so much time to post on the forum. Yes, we had too much fun at practice last night talking about you!!

1. Can you tell me what place my kid took? Feel free to send a PM or call my cell (see below for number).
2. Can you email me a copy of his bracket so I know for sure. I want to double check the one I filled out. I assume scores are included in the bracket? If not, I would pay a couple of extra dollars for that information.
3. Valley Center coaches predict by 4 to 1 that Nix takes you at horseshoes.
4. Still have not seen when you are going to post the other brackets. Can you clarify a time schedule??
5. Enjoy Pratt...see you at the Classic.

Cory Schrater

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Schrater] #182688 02/17/11 12:22 PM
nix Offline
i would like to say thanks cory and the other valley center coaches. you guys sure do know how to make a guy feel under pressure. but don't worry i will not let you guys down.

as for the one who bet against me, go ahead and collect his money, he's already lost he just does not know it yet.

cory you now have tracy running to walmart to buy a horseshoe kit, he's already called into work this morning and took his two week vacation to practice.

i hope you feel good about that.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: nix] #182698 02/17/11 01:13 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: nix
i would like to say thanks cory and the other valley center coaches. you guys sure do know how to make a guy feel under pressure. but don't worry i will not let you guys down.

as for the one who bet against me, go ahead and collect his money, he's already lost he just does not know it yet.

cory you now have tracy running to walmart to buy a horseshoe kit, he's already called into work this morning and took his two week vacation to practice.

i hope you feel good about that.

This is where you are so wrong. I have been practicing since the day the challenge came down!

That is why I haven't got them posted, to much practicing.

I have also been practicing my paper, rock, scissors skill just in cased we go to OT. In case of double overtime I am working on the "how many fingers am I holding behind my back" skill.

At this point I feel ready for anything.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Schrater] #182700 02/17/11 01:18 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Quote:
Can you tell me what place my kid took? Feel free to send a PM or call my cell (see below for number).

He went home sick, the poor kid. I am glad you keep close tabs on him.

Quote:
Can you email me a copy of his bracket so I know for sure. I want to double check the one I filled out. I assume scores are included in the bracket? If not, I would pay a couple of extra dollars for that information

Most certainly I can, I actually have been carrying htem all around just in case this request was made.

Quote:
Valley Center coaches predict by 4 to 1 that Nix takes you at horseshoes.

Maybe we need to start a poll and and a betting line on this!

Quote:
Still have not seen when you are going to post the other brackets. Can you clarify a time schedule

Sometime after I beat Nix in our dual, to much practicing right now.

Quote:
Enjoy Pratt...see you at the Classic.

Have a good weekend off!

Nix is scared he is sending pm's wanting to back out of right now. I think he heard I got guess the number behind your back thing right 2 out 5 times right, which pretty much means I am a genius.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #182706 02/17/11 01:46 PM
nix Offline
you can bet were not trying that wii bowling online challenge, i went to practice on my kids wii, for 1 my 8 and 9 year old beat me and for 2 i almost hurt myself.

gotta go for now golden girls is on.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: nix] #182722 02/17/11 02:25 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
please make sure you practice, with beer in non-throwing hand. it is against the rules for your beer to leave your, hand. unless is empty of course. then you have a 2 minute grace period to grab another. potty breaks are pre-scheduled, and agreed upon by both competitors. you guys think this is a joke, it's for real. sooo real in fact that i think i'll bring my spare set we can play at the state tail gate party.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: HEADUP] #182729 02/17/11 02:44 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: HEADUP
please make sure you practice, with beer in non-throwing hand. it is against the rules for your beer to leave your, hand. unless is empty of course. then you have a 2 minute grace period to grab another. potty breaks are pre-scheduled, and agreed upon by both competitors. you guys think this is a joke, it's for real. sooo real in fact that i think i'll bring my spare set we can play at the state tail gate party.

Rules to live by, HEADUP is our referee!

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: Teamroper] #183115 02/19/11 04:35 AM
S
sugar80 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Still no results? A big, perfectly ran tournament all by hand like in the stone ages, but no results? That is kind of funny or sad. Who knows?

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: sugar80] #183132 02/19/11 07:36 AM
nix Offline
for all the people that complain about the brackets not being posted i have yet to see one of you ask the club or in your case sugar90 ask or say hey tracy, i know you have been busy you probaly have a family to spend time with, or you might have one of those things called a J O B but if it helps i would be willing to come HELP you SORT through those BRACKETS so you can get them posted.

i am only useing you sugar because you was right above.

and i am sure it has nothing to do with tracy being busy, family or a job he was was challeged to a dual and thats all he has on his mind. and of course with a screen name like teamroper he would be from the stone ages. cutem some slack

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: nix] #183146 02/19/11 11:13 AM
2coach Offline
Hey Tracy I know your busy and have a job, I would be willing to help you but I wasn't there to what I heard was a great Tournament. I hope you win your dual in horse shoes but sugar has been waiting a long time now...

Mike Rodriguez....

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: 2coach] #183182 02/19/11 01:53 PM
S
sugar80 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am just giving Tracy a hard time. I am practicing my horse shoes. I understand about being busy. We have three kids, two full time jobs, plus I finally decided to go back and finish my college degree. Throw in full time student. We are also very involved in our church. We are also taking MAPP classes to become foster parents, which is 3 hours a week. Wrestling takes up our Saturdays. I can relate being busy!

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? [Re: sugar80] #183183 02/19/11 01:51 PM
W
wrestle4fun Offline
W
Believe me they have plenty of people willing to help. There have been offers from many parents all season for many things!! They just won't let anyone do anything.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)