Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: demon357] #183720 02/22/11 06:03 PM
Art Kennedy,EJCW Offline

I hate it when people have to pull out the grammar card. I mean come on now....'inforced'.....really? [/quote]

I used it both ways for you : ) Wanded 2 sor witch one yew wood under stand.
No, its not a spelling bee. BUT, more of a question on matter of being vested into the club.
thats all. Just saying maybe the attention to Kansas wrestling is not what it should be. I guess what im trying to convey is sometimes when something only benefits you, we tend to get tunnel vision and really forget that it might be negative for others. thats all

Im as dumb as they come, I dont want any contest that involves intelligence. So please be gentle

Avise Le Fin
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: doug747] #183725 02/22/11 06:29 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: doug747
They are USA wrestling card, which Kansas requires, for insurance purposes, for a kid to wrestle in our State series. It does say Kansas on the card next to the kids name, but I could order one for a kid that lives in new mexico, thru our club, and it will say KS on it I believe.

And many of our Kansas kids who start the season early purchase cards outside the state of Kansas.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Art Kennedy,EJCW] #183750 02/22/11 08:11 PM
M
momof5 Offline
M
no it does not benifit me.....it for my 10 yr old and 8 yr old son....it has nothing to do with me....

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: momof5] #183756 02/22/11 09:16 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
My son wants to wrestle Kansas kids at State. If he has to beat a kid from another State then what is the piont of a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? THIS IS STUPID!!! Respect the board's decision and try again next year.

JUST SAY NO!

Mark Butcher

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183763 02/22/11 09:40 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
When or if you move to Kansas..... I don't want you guys to have any hard feelings for some of us on here that gave our opinions. Nothing aginst you its just Kansas State is for Kansas Kids. If the board calls you tonight and gives you a thumbs up, then thats what happens and I will respect that decision. Good luck.

Mark Butcher

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183765 02/22/11 09:45 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Originally Posted By: MarkButcher
My son wants to wrestle Kansas kids at State. If he has to beat a kid from another State then what is the piont of a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP? THIS IS STUPID!!! Respect the board's decision and try again next year.

JUST SAY NO!

Mark Butcher

The point is they do and have wrestled for Kansas for the past 3 years and have no team where they are in Oklahoma, nor do they wrestle in Ok state or tournys. You are probably from an area of the state where you don't have to worry about numbers and a program. I would be willing to bet your kid has no preference or even knows who he wrestles at state in kids, its probably you, yourself that don't want your kid to wrestle them.

Lyle Geyer

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183774 02/22/11 10:08 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
There will never be wrestling to speak of in the western part of Oklahoma unless you get busy wrestling down there and build some interest in it. By going to the Oklahoma qualifiers you just might help that happen!

Plain and simple we out here in western ks do not have the numbers to even have a decent practice, a few kids miss practice and half the team is missing. I feel the board is dead wrong. Robbing the children of dreams. Its hard enough with no population and your only making small teams smaller.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: lylegeyer] #183777 02/22/11 10:14 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
We started wrestling in early october. We went to Texas, and spent EVERY weekend in Oklahoma untill Kansas started. We have missed 0 tournaments and drive a 65 mile round trip, 4 nights a week to practice. I am one of the few dads that let my son decide what we do and how far we go. Any one who knows him and I can back that up. He can tell you who the best kids in Kansas and Oklahoma are and is good friend with all of them (his weight and age). He and all the other kids I have talked to say NO to out os state kids. After all its for the kids right?
Assumptions are the mother of all......

Mark Butcher

Last edited by MarkButcher; 02/22/11 10:16 PM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183778 02/22/11 10:18 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Originally Posted By: MarkButcher
We started wrestling in early october. We went to Texas, and spent EVERY weekend in Oklahoma untill Kansas started. We have missed 0 tournaments and drive a 65 mile round trip, 4 nights a week to practice. I am one of the few dads that let my son decide what we do and how far we go. Any one who knows him and I can back that up. He can tell you who the best kids in Kansas and Oklahoma are and is good friend with all of them (his weight and age). He and all the other kids I have talked to say NO to out os state kids. After all its for the kids right?
Assumptions are the mother of all......

Mark Butcher

obviously not all kids.

Last edited by lylegeyer; 02/22/11 10:20 PM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: lylegeyer] #183785 02/22/11 10:59 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
All the kids I have talked to

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183786 02/22/11 11:01 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
So far anyway

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183790 02/22/11 11:21 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Why don't you talk to the Hugoton kids.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: lylegeyer] #183791 02/22/11 11:23 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Population, Sedgwick County, KS

482,863 - Jul 2008

Population Stevens County ks

95 X's more population and they are crying about a few kids with no team.

Last edited by lylegeyer; 02/22/11 11:30 PM. Reason: wanted to say more
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: win by pin] #183794 02/22/11 11:38 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
Originally Posted By: win by pin
Next year just wrestle in Kansas and wrestle Regionals and State in OK. All you have to do is pay 10 dollars a kid and have a roster with okwa. you could email Jerry Scott and or Carl Mize and see what you need to do. You can get their contact info from the ok seires web sight. I know several Kansas wrestlers done it this year. No USA card is needed in Oklahoma. Hope this helps you.

Looks like Oklahoma has no problem taking on Kansas Kids in their state tourny.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: ] #183795 02/22/11 11:44 PM
D
dean70 Offline
D
so have these kids wrestled in any Oklahoma tourneys at all or just strictly Kansas? Do they wrestle in Colorado or any other states? did the kids that came from out of state at Maize have to purchase cards? What about the kids that go to salina from out of state? did they have to purchase cards? what about the kids going to park city from out of state? are they going to have to purchase cards as well? just a few questions to be considered.These kids are affiliated with the club in KS. there are a couple of loop holes here either way. Whether these kids get to wrestle at state this year or not, you have a situation that could be part of next years state body meeting. But a proposal has to be sent to Ned Price(it think thats where you send it) by July 31st via certified mail). Then at the state board they will vote for it. I do not think we as Kansans are going to allow every kid that buys a card from out of state to wrestle in a tourney like maize or salina to compete at the state series. But this is a different situation i think with these 8 kids. this is just my view of the situation. would like to say let em wrestle on 1 hand but not on the other. i say that because the state body is saying if we let you, we have to let them too and that is not going to happen. but if we as a state said as a state we will allow certain kids who wrestle in with a Ks club, there is the proposal. then we keep these 8 kids being kids in Ks wrestling and still have the power to say no to kids who only purchase cards for our main tourneys like maize and salina

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: dean70] #183798 02/22/11 11:54 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Read the constitution and by-laws! They are very clear on this issue. Both the state body and the board have spoken.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183804 02/23/11 12:23 AM
D
dean70 Offline
D
so where do I find the rules and regulations on the site? or constitution and bylaws page. i read the minutes from state last year and this was not a topic. so.........or am I wrong? please correct me sporto!!!!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: lylegeyer] #183806 02/23/11 12:34 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: lylegeyer
Originally Posted By: win by pin
Next year just wrestle in Kansas and wrestle Regionals and State in OK. All you have to do is pay 10 dollars a kid and have a roster with okwa. you could email Jerry Scott and or Carl Mize and see what you need to do. You can get their contact info from the ok seires web sight. I know several Kansas wrestlers done it this year. No USA card is needed in Oklahoma. Hope this helps you.

Looks like Oklahoma has no problem taking on Kansas Kids in their state tourny.

OKWA Bylaws

ARTICLE 3

3. MEMBERS-CLUBS, WRESTLERS, SUPPORT AND HONORARY

3.1 CLUB MEMBERSHIP-Membership will be open to any club or school with an active wrestling program in the State of Oklahoma and which agrees to abide by the provisions of the OKWA Bylaws and such other provisions as may be prescribed by the OKWA through the Executive Board.

3.10 INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP- Any wrestler is eligible to be a member in the elementary division of the OKWA when he or she has not reached their 13th birthday by September 1 (August 31 at midnight is the deadline). To be eligible for Division V, they must not have turned age 16 before September 1 (August 31 at midnight is the deadline). The wrestler’s name must appear on the proper Club Forms and be of generally good health and live within the borders of the State of Oklahoma. The appearance of the wrestler’s name on these forms shall be construed as parental/guardian consent. In addition, they must attend school in Oklahoma to be eligible to compete in Regionals and State. Any exceptions must be granted by the board.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: dean70] #183808 02/23/11 12:38 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: dean70
so where do I find the rules and regulations on the site? or constitution and bylaws page. i read the minutes from state last year and this was not a topic. so.........or am I wrong? please correct me sporto!!!!

Follow this arrow
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: dean70] #183809 02/23/11 12:39 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: dean70

Kids Bylaws

Article II - Qualifying Folkstyle Tournaments (Page 17)

2. For the purpose of eligibility of entering a Sub-District or District tournament, a competitive member must be a resident of Kansas and/or be enrolled in a Kansas educational school system. Special cases to this rule are subject to notification and permission from the Executive Council. The State Tournament Director will be notified of any person permitted to wrestle under this provision.

Richard D. Salyer
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 159 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,935
Posts250,366
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)