Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183812 02/23/11 12:47 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
"The wrestler’s name must appear on the proper Club Forms and be of generally good health and live within the borders of the State of Oklahoma. The appearance of the wrestler’s name on these forms shall be construed as parental/guardian consent. In addition, they must attend school in Oklahoma to be eligible to compete in Regionals and State. Any exceptions must be granted by the board."

Actually the Oklahoma rules are more restrictive than those of Kansas! They require the wrestlers to be BOTH a resident of the state and enrolled in an Oklahoma school whereas we only require one or the other!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183816 02/23/11 12:49 AM
D
dean70 Offline
D
Than

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: dean70] #183817 02/23/11 12:51 AM
D
dean70 Offline
D
Thank You Richard

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: dean70] #183841 02/23/11 02:03 AM
T
Troy Brunson Offline
T
I just wanted to says thanks for all the support from the state of Kansas. I am typing this from my hotel room in Scott City Kansas. The point being I spend 70% of my time working in Kansas. I know Jeff smith has spend time in Kansas Helping people in need he works for Eagle Med and has to file a Kansas tax return. Jesus works for Sea Board and that involves Kansas. We are very involved in Kansas and would like to finish in Kansas PLEASE consider.

Thanks again for all that you have done!!

Ask yourselve are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of a child By Randy Hindaliter

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Troy Brunson] #183887 02/23/11 01:57 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Can you file an injunction? That would allow you to compete until a verdict is rendered I would think.

Enlighten Me!
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Enetophobic] #183893 02/23/11 03:10 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Enetophobic
Can you file an injunction? That would allow you to compete until a verdict is rendered I would think.

crazy

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183896 02/23/11 03:46 PM
Beeson Offline
I don't see the problem. They were told in January. Plenty of time to enter the Oklahoma Tournament. A decision has been made, wether you like the decision or not, it has to be lived with.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Beeson] #184359 02/27/11 02:13 AM
J
jule Offline
J
I don't want this to go away it is to important to those eight boys. Beeson Jan 30 is not enough time to get into the ok qualifiers. Still seems funny to me that this decision was made after Salina and not at the first of the month when there would have been time. Still makes a person wonder why then??????? By the way Good Job at Salina Hunter you did great !!!!!!!!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: jule] #184364 02/27/11 02:26 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: jule
Still seems funny to me that this decision was made after Salina and not at the first of the month when there would have been time. Still makes a person wonder why then???????

Here the reason. The state board meets after the Salina tournament. That is when this is voted on, at that meeting. I doubt very seriously that the board was so worried about a kid doing well at the Salina tournament, as to use that as their only reason, to not let out of state kids wrestle in the Kansas State tournament. In the past these kids have narrowly gotten to wrestle, this year happens to be the year the board said no more. If you live in Oklahoma, wrestle the Oklahoma series. If you want to wrestle the Kansas series, move to Kansas. No hidden agenda, I assure you.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Beeson] #184375 02/27/11 02:56 AM
2coach Offline
I would not think just cause one kid did well at Salina is the reason they voted the way they did. If that would have been the case then when Hunter took 5th at state last year they would have said no more Oklahoma kids. Look my son wrestles Hunter at 10 and under 130 and I dont like what the board has voted, Hunter and his dad are good friends of mine I like them a lot, but you guys are fighting a losing battle. My nephew a few years ago from Ulysses was put in at the wrong age group by his coach, his coach... and they told him for that he could not wrestle.So his season was done early to. It sucks, as a matter of fact he just walked away from it and never came back to wrestle again. I hope your 8 dont do what he done but i see him now and he is as happy or happier then ever before...

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #184394 02/27/11 07:19 AM
M
Mom of several Offline
M
Are you kidding me? They are kids. They paid for their KS wrestling cards. Let them wrestle. When did we start being so unfair? Since when do we tell kids they can't? How unfair. I will be VERY ashamed if Kansas Wrestling denies these kids.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Mom of several] #184410 02/27/11 01:34 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Part of the problem that our world has today: We don't tell our kids NO nearly enough..........Spoonfeed them forever.......

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: doug747] #184411 02/27/11 01:45 PM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
Seriously??!! STILL? I agree with doug747. Wrestle where you belong. Most people say ,"Oh well just let them, whats it hurting?" ...UNTIL it affects them. I say its affecting EVERYONE. No one is learning life lessons any more. I cant just walk over to the neighboring business and start working there, just because I WANT TO. "why cant I?? Whats it hurting?!" or better yet...."I'm going to work where I already do, and go get insurance over there. I like working here, but they have better benefits and I wont have to drive far everyday. And they are going to let me. if not they are big meanies!!" GET THESE KIDS READY FOR REAL LIFE. YOU CANT JUST DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Mom of several] #184412 02/27/11 01:51 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Mom of several
Are you kidding me? They are kids. They paid for their KS wrestling cards. Let them wrestle. When did we start being so unfair? Since when do we tell kids they can't? How unfair. I will be VERY ashamed if Kansas Wrestling denies these kids.

so if any kid pays for a KS card, we should allow them to wrestle in the KS state tournament? please explain to me your train of thought here. we would have kids from MO, OK, CO, all around, entering our state tournament and many of them taking our kids medals, is that "fair"??

i have an idea. see if all you "fair" people can follow. OK parents near Hugoton KS, get busy, start a club in the panhandle. Beg, borrow, and steal a coach from the Hugoton area. build this program from area towns, get other kids involved in a great sport. PUT THE OK PANHANDLE ON THE MAP. leave something positive for your kids, and their kids, and so on. quit looking for the easy way out, teach your kids that life IS NOT FAIR, but that doesn't mean you turn tail and run, or point fingers. LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. use this as a learning experience.

i don't think anyone on this forum wishes that this would play out in this way. but rules are rules. it would not be FAIR for us to inclued these 8 kids, then exclude ANY other kid who simply "paid for a KS card". that is what would not be fair. sorry that it had to happen this way, i really am. but you need to move on, if you don't start building your program now, you will not have time to get it done. BTW sports have seasons, football, wrestling, baseball, organizers DO NOT. as a parent, club officer, you need to leave the practices and games to the kids and coaches. you will be busy keeping the programs in check. goog luck to these 8 fine young men. Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.

Last edited by HEADUP; 02/27/11 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling and puncuation

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: HEADUP] #184413 02/27/11 01:52 PM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
PERFECTLY PUT!!!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 159 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,935
Posts250,366
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)