Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T. Peterson #183519 02/21/11 02:23 PM
S
SWF-KC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have been stewing about this all week and through the weekend. I know that this forum is NOT to blastify anyone or call anyone out. This is to be a good thing for parents and coaches alike. I have been on the talk forums for over a year but have never found the need to register and post anything as I am simply a father and a spectator. However, things that are said on this forum are directly reflected upon each "post-ers" club. With that said I would like to let everyone in the Hutchinson area know that I am truly sorry for NOT attending your tournament. I heard that it went really well and things ran much better than in the past even though I saw posts about the track wrestling vs. old school. Kudos to the Hutchinson Team!

So onto exactly why I chose NOT to take my kid and actually our ENTIRE team decided not to go was because we thought that Tracy Peterson was a part of the Hutchinson kids Wrestling Club. I know that you will read this Tracy as you obviously spend WAAAAYYY to much time on here brow beating EVERYONE and telling everyone your experiences and "takes" on anything and everything. You are rude and generally unhelpful to most on this talk forum. The worst of all is that I, myself, and many others have always thought you were from the Hutchinson Club. But you are from Buhler Team Lightning!!???....

Hutchinson has really produced a lot of great competition over the last few years in many age and weight brackets and seems to strive to achieve a higher level of wrestling. But, Hutchinson, a word to the wise, your reputation is just a step above TOHK with the association of Tracy Peterson and his "bullying" ways. I would caution you to combine the Buhler and Hutch teams as there is a reason that Buhler split AND that they never seem to get themselves straightened out enough to have their own tourney.

Coming from the Kansas City area I have seen many clubs fold for reason similar to this one. Hutchinson keep your chin up and Peterson out. Tracy I hope this is an eye opener for you to realize that you have pissed a lot of people off and it has indirectly reflected upon another club. You may be from "Hutchinson, Ks" but you are associated with "Buhler Team Lightening." Set the record straight and think before you type.

Roger Blane
Kansas City, KS

Re: T. Peterson [Re: SWF-KC] #183535 02/21/11 04:04 PM
G
G'sMoM Offline
G
WoW.....

Re: T. Peterson [Re: G'sMoM] #183550 02/21/11 04:58 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I believe that a lot of people take Tracy wrong. He is awnry, a smart a$$ like a lot of us on here, and will tell it exactly like it is. He is a "get it done" guy, not a "sit on your tail and complain" guy. He doesn't like whiners, and will tell them that. We all are probably too short with people that don't agree with us, but what would you rather have: a guy that stared you in the eye and told you what you wanted to hear, then turned around and stabbed you in the back, or a guy that tell it like it is, or at least like he thinks it should be.

Re: T. Peterson [Re: SWF-KC] #183581 02/21/11 07:59 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: SWF-KC
I have been stewing about this all week and through the weekend. I know that this forum is NOT to blastify anyone or call anyone out. This is to be a good thing for parents and coaches alike. I have been on the talk forums for over a year but have never found the need to register and post anything as I am simply a father and a spectator. However, things that are said on this forum are directly reflected upon each "post-ers" club. With that said I would like to let everyone in the Hutchinson area know that I am truly sorry for NOT attending your tournament. I heard that it went really well and things ran much better than in the past even though I saw posts about the track wrestling vs. old school. Kudos to the Hutchinson Team!

So onto exactly why I chose NOT to take my kid and actually our ENTIRE team decided not to go was because we thought that Tracy Peterson was a part of the Hutchinson kids Wrestling Club. I know that you will read this Tracy as you obviously spend WAAAAYYY to much time on here brow beating EVERYONE and telling everyone your experiences and "takes" on anything and everything. You are rude and generally unhelpful to most on this talk forum. The worst of all is that I, myself, and many others have always thought you were from the Hutchinson Club. But you are from Buhler Team Lightning!!???....

Hutchinson has really produced a lot of great competition over the last few years in many age and weight brackets and seems to strive to achieve a higher level of wrestling. But, Hutchinson, a word to the wise, your reputation is just a step above TOHK with the association of Tracy Peterson and his "bullying" ways. I would caution you to combine the Buhler and Hutch teams as there is a reason that Buhler split AND that they never seem to get themselves straightened out enough to have their own tourney.

Coming from the Kansas City area I have seen many clubs fold for reason similar to this one. Hutchinson keep your chin up and Peterson out. Tracy I hope this is an eye opener for you to realize that you have pissed a lot of people off and it has indirectly reflected upon another club. You may be from "Hutchinson, Ks" but you are associated with "Buhler Team Lightening." Set the record straight and think before you type.

Roger Blane
Kansas City, KS

I guess the Hutch/TLWC could be confusing my mistake.

I am not exactly sure how I pissed alot of people off but I would be willing to listen. If you don't feel comfortable on here please feel free to pm me.

I am not going to apologize and slobber all over you until I have an idea what you are talking about. As far as I can see I would like you to post whatever it is I have done or TLWC has done. I am not afraid of it and if wsnt something I did screw up, well I may owe some apologies then.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: T. Peterson [Re: SWF-KC] #183601 02/21/11 09:54 PM
J
Jeremy Smith Offline
J
Tracy has been a pleasure to work with and seems very open minded to me! Im the head coach for HKWC and have enjoyed working with him! Im also sorry you didnt attend are tournament because of one staff member. Im glad r club doesnt think like that. If its a good tourny then we r going no matter who host it! Im all for the KIDS not pleasing parents.

Re: T. Peterson [Re: Jeremy Smith] #183631 02/22/11 01:34 AM
J
jafo14 Offline
J
I've known Tracy for about six years, and I have never had any bad opinion of him. He may come across wrong to some, but those of us who know him, love to be around him. It's not my concern what happened with Team Lightning, but I know all of the coaches of present and past, and they are all good people that will work with any kid, in their club or somewhere else, that wants to work hard and learn. As for why some moved on to a new club, no one knows what happened, except for the ones directly involved.

Toby Eaton
Jr. Panthers Wrestling Club

Re: T. Peterson [Re: SWF-KC] #183674 02/22/11 01:33 PM
Mike Juby Offline
Roger,

I’m not sure what it is you think you know about Team Lightning and its relationship with the Hutchinson Wrestling Club, but I thought I should provide a little background for you. In 1988, I was the president of the Hutchinson Wrestling Club and was faced with a problem over the size of the club. The practice facility at Hutchinson High School was very small, and the club had grown to well over 100 members. It was increasingly difficult to provide quality practices for our kids, even with multiple practice groups coming at different times.

An option came available, as Buhler had just added wrestling at the high school level, and I decided to start a new club, affiliated with Buhler High School, to alleviate some of the pressure on the Hutch club. The split was entirely amicable; with the members of the Hutch club participating in my decision and donating the singlets to the new club to help us get started. Since I lived in the Buhler district, and since the new club was more in need of experienced oversight than the well-established Hutch club, I left to run the new club. Dick Becker, who had run Team Lightning as a freestyle/Greco club in the area for several years, provided some start-up funding and allowed us to take his club’s name.

Although there have been the typical squabbles over the years between the two clubs, fueled in part by the natural rivalry that comes from two closely situated programs, there has also always been a close tie between the two clubs. Over the years one program may wax while the other wanes, and both have had small groups within their membership who have split off to form short-lived alternative clubs, but in the end both clubs are in it for the kids and expect to be around for years to come.

Although my duties coaching at the high school for the past seven years have limited my daily involvement with Team Lightning, I have continued to follow them. The feedback that I get from the kids and parents speaks highly of Tracy and his contributions to the kids and the program. I know that Tracy is a frequent poster on these forums, and I don’t always agree with his positions, but I applaud his enthusiasm and certainly prefer it over ambivalence. Tracy is definitely not shy about expressing his opinion.

Obviously you have had some issues with Tracy in the past. I don’t know if these are strictly related to your disagreement with opinions that Tracy has posted on the forum, or if you have interacted with him in person. Either way, your decision to attack an entire club based on your feelings about a single individual does not seem fair or balanced. If you did not know that Tracy was affiliated with Team Lightning, it would seem that you have never even seen him working with the club and its wrestlers. I would ask you to reconsider your attack on Tracy and the club.

Re: T. Peterson [Re: SWF-KC] #183682 02/22/11 01:57 PM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: SWF-KC
However, things that are said on this forum are directly reflected upon each "post-ers" club.why I chose NOT to take my kid and actually our ENTIRE team decided not to go.
But, Hutchinson, a word to the wise, your reputation is just a step above TOHK with the association of Tracy Peterson and his "bullying" ways.
Roger Blane
Kansas City, KS

wow first post and slams not only tracy but tohk, i ask you sir have you ever met any of the coaches from tohk or have you ever met tracy not heard stories but met either of them.

and since you have spoken for your entire club and poster's reflect on there club what club is it that you belong ?

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: T. Peterson [Re: nix] #183721 02/22/11 06:04 PM
H
HTD Offline
H
Hello my name is Tama Berger and I am the Tourn Director for the Hutchinson Kids Wrestling Club. I have been reading what everyone has to say about Tracy Peterson from Team Lightning and I thought I would add my view of him.

First Roger,
Im very sorry you didnt come to our tourn only because of Tracy because he actually was only Asst Director and you really wouldnt have had to talk to him at all. I did all the entering and both clubs helped with seeding and bracketing and everything else in between. I have been with the Hutch Club for almost 20 years. I was with the club when we split to Hutch and Buhler and it was done with only the best intentions of the kids. Actually everything I do is only for the kids. Tracy also believes that. If you have had trouble with him then its about him standing up for his kids or his club. Unless you have just been listening to rumors.

Second:
You can compare our club to anyone you deem fit but I know that everyone out there will stand behind the Hutch Club and there affialiation with Buhler. I would like to thank Mike Juby, Jeremy Smith and Toby Eaton for standing up for Tracy and telling the truth even though he would never ask anyone to defend him he would do it himself.

Third:
I will now and always associate myself and whatever I do in wrestling with Tracy Peterson. First because I know what a great guy he is and how dedicated to wrestling he is and second because the more you slam him about being a Buhler guy and for Hutch to stay away I will NEVER do it. Because if you really knew Tracy and had any conversations with him to form your opinion of him first hand You (Roger) would know that he is MY BROTHER!! and I am very very proud to say that to anyone who questions him and his loyalty to family and wrestling. Do I agree with everything he says NO but I dont have to because he is always willing to listen to anyone.

So in final I would say you really dont know Tracy and you were just putting out an opinion that you really dont know what your talking about.

Tracy Petersons sister and very very proud of it!!!!!!

Tama Berger

Re: T. Peterson [Re: HTD] #183729 02/22/11 06:43 PM
2Boys Offline
Well said Tama. I hate to see that a whole club missed out on Mat time because someone doesn't like "someone" at another club. My family and I go to Wrestle and for the experience and yes, for ideas to help our tournament. There may be tournaments that we find things that could be better or different, but for anyone who knows what it takes to put on a SUCCESSFUL tournament they don't complain about much when it comes to how others run their tournaments, or who helps them, or much less, bring up the past and how things were THEN.

I know first hand what it takes to put on a tournament and make sure you have enough help and that things are taken care of. There are glitches and oops' but they are usually nothing that can't be fixed. If you have someone who is a little upfront, onery or a smart a$$, so be it, those are the ones that get things done and make sure things are rolling right along and aren't afraid to stand up for what they are doing for the KIDS.

My family went to the Hutch/Team Lightening Tournament and we will go back next year, and maybe next year I will ask to meet Tracy!

Re: T. Peterson [Re: 2Boys] #183749 02/22/11 08:07 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I thought it was fishy as well that the poster thought she had uncovered the big "secret" that Tracy was from Team Lightning........Knows enough about him, and that he is so sinister, that she won't bring her club to a tourney, yet doesn't even know what club he is from.......

I am anxiously awaiting the Single White Female from KC to solve the Kennedy assassination, Bigfoot, the loch ness Monster, and why the hospital charges me more if I write a check the day of treatment, than they do an insurance company that won't pay them for 3 or 4 months.........

Last edited by doug747; 02/22/11 08:11 PM.
Re: T. Peterson [Re: doug747] #183753 02/22/11 08:38 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Quote:
So onto exactly why I chose NOT to take my kid and actually our ENTIRE team decided not to go was because we thought that Tracy Peterson was a part of the Hutchinson kids Wrestling Club.

I am not part of the Hutch Club although we are working together to get the best for both set of kids. There are not many clubs than can practice together and run a tournament together and be scuessful. It think it say alot for both Jeremy and his crewe there at Hutch and for all of us at TLWC for leaving the egos at the door and doing what is best for the kids in our club.

Quote:
I know that you will read this Tracy as you obviously spend WAAAAYYY to much time on here

With a 150 post compared to some I think I am still a rookie on here.

Quote:
brow beating EVERYONE and telling everyone your experiences and "takes" on anything and everything. You are rude and generally unhelpful to most on this talk forum.

I can only think of TWO times I showed any negative post towards someone. Once with a satellite weigh in and once with pushing for the result of the Hutch tournament.

My "take" on things are opinons and everyone has one. That is kind of what this boad is for isn't it?

Quote:
The worst of all is that I, myself, and many others have always thought you were from the Hutchinson Club. But you are from Buhler Team Lightning!!???....

Again not exactly sure how this bothers you so much?

Quote:
Hutchinson has really produced a lot of great competition over the last few years in many age and weight brackets and seems to strive to achieve a higher level of wrestling. But, Hutchinson, a word to the wise, your reputation is just a step above TOHK with the association of Tracy Peterson and his "bullying" ways.

Again "bullying" ways and throwing another club under the bus? TOHK has some of the BEST wrestlers out there in many ages and weights. Letting the coaches and fans shed a negative light on the kids is an injustice.

Quote:

TLWC and Hutch are stronger than ever, with the combined efforts of both they will grow and be strong for a long time to come. Thinking I am an a$$ is just fine if that is your opinon, but as you can see from the several people that do actually know me you are in the minority.

Quote:
I would caution you to combine the Buhler and Hutch teams as there is a reason that Buhler split AND that they never seem to get themselves straightened out enough to have their own tourney.

I would caution you to do your research before you type, as Mike said earlier that split was a good one and that was a long long time ago. As far as TLWC hnot being able to have our own tournament. We are close enought to Wichita that we need those kids to come to make it worth it. I consider our 400 kid tournement a small market and we are not going to compete with great ones like Salina, Maize, Goddard, Augusta, Valley Center, Derby and a few others only being 40-50 minutes away. Along with that and finding a date that our gym is open. It makes the set up of it all very tough. TLWC actually had the 12th for the date for ours and everything was worked out. Hutch couldn't get a very good date and we combined our tournaments. It has worked out very well.

Quote:
I am anxiously awaiting the Single White Female from KC

Her name is Roger, Doug get it straight.

Last edited by Teamroper; 02/22/11 08:42 PM.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: T. Peterson [Re: Teamroper] #183833 02/23/11 01:39 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Now that you said that, I looked back and saw the name. So what in the heck does SWF-KC stand for??

Re: T. Peterson [Re: doug747] #183842 02/23/11 02:05 AM
S
swpea Offline
S
Hey I'm new to posting, but reading all the posts I had to just say a little something. I don't know Tracy and I think the Hutch tournement was great, but I did catch the post that sugar90 left and I was dismayed at the attack he received about the Hutch results. Hopefully we are all adults and will post comments accordingly. I take my son to tournements for the fun and hard won victories and (sometimes losses) that he takes pride in. I think we could all step back and take a breath, it's all for the kids after all! But by the way I have been looking for the results of the Hutch tourney, can anyone let me know where to look?

Re: T. Peterson [Re: swpea] #183847 02/23/11 03:11 AM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
Originally Posted By: swpea
Hey I'm new to posting, but reading all the posts I had to just say a little something. I don't know Tracy and I think the Hutch tournement was great, but I did catch the post that sugar90 left and I was dismayed at the attack he received about the Hutch results. Hopefully we are all adults and will post comments accordingly. I take my son to tournements for the fun and hard won victories and (sometimes losses) that he takes pride in. I think we could all step back and take a breath, it's all for the kids after all! But by the way I have been looking for the results of the Hutch tourney, can anyone let me know where to look?

It may have been a little rough of response, but I thought it was a little rough asking for results two days later. We didn't run Track Wrestling so it was all done by hand. Which after just finishing them is a huge plus for Track wow that sucked!

I finally got them done and posted.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: T. Peterson [Re: Teamroper] #184164 02/24/11 10:22 PM
S
swpea Offline
S
Thank you Tracy, I appreciate everything you did to make this a fantastic tourney. I know it must have been a huge undertaking for getting all done by hand. I guess I would have to vote for Track, it has to be easier than by hand. Again thanks so much for your time and effort!

Re: T. Peterson [Re: swpea] #184231 02/25/11 05:04 PM
G
gman's mom Offline
G
I just wanted to start by saying that I have a son wrestling for TLWC and I am proud to have Tracy Peterson as our Coach. I personally have know Tracy for along time and for someone to come on here and thier first post ever is to put down a man that is a Husband, Dad, Coach, Friend, and a Awesome Roll Model for all his kids he coaches is pretty low.
You told Tracy to think before he posts well look in the mirror and take your own advise. Come to Buhler any Monday, Tuesday or Thursday and see what he does for these boys plus I would love to meet you and show you how much we at TLWC Love our coach.

Thanks Tracy for all you do.. We got your back

Re: T. Peterson [Re: gman's mom] #184316 02/26/11 02:21 PM
S
Schrater Offline
S
Been out of town a few days...beach side with the family, sorry i missed the fireworks and came in late to the party.

Wow...Tracy what did you do this time? Teach some kids? Behave better than most of use during a tournament?

Tama having to stick up for you again (good seeing you at Hutch again Tama)? Guess KC didnt realize two things, 1) you had a big sister and 2) Shes a little meaner than you and wont cry near as fast as you will!!!

I'm not a big poster, some of these guys are and they help make this an enjoyable forum that many follow ...myself included. Tracy is one of them. You get a lot of rants...but you also get good information from these guys...if not, all you have to do is ask and they offer what they know.

You think you found some big secret and found out Tracy is really a pretty quiet guy, that is why you thought it was a secret!!!

BTW the real secret is...ARE THE RESULTS UP, did my kid place????????

Cory Schrater

Re: T. Peterson [Re: 2Boys] #184335 02/26/11 09:05 PM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
I've sat back again and again, but I've had enough of it. Iam no longer going to lay back allow you people to continue to come on this forum and knock down The TEAM OF HARD KNOX. So when you bash us, I am going to seek you out, found you, and then pray for you. I say to all of you who continue to hate on us. Don't hate the the team hate the sport. Quit wrestling.. Roger Blane I going to Facebook and seeing if you are on there.
Coach Charles L. Knox Founder of TOHK

Re: T. Peterson [Re: Coach Knox 61] #185486 03/04/11 04:43 PM
D
daverobson Offline
D
havent checked the boards for awhile!! sorry but have never posted before but i had to register and stand up for tracy peterson! i have known tracy for years!! in wrestling and outside of wrestling!! never have i known tracy to be nothing but a great guy and a friend!! he is opinionated but will stand up for what he believes in and voice his opinion!! and that is what helps make a man a man to stand up for what you believe in!!! sorry i got in late in this convo but i had to stand up for my friend!!! and by the way the hutch tourney was very well ran and had great competition!! will be back for sure next year!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 175 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)