Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: District 2 Seeding Meeting! [Re: BLT] #185682 03/06/11 11:39 AM
C
Crash99 Offline
C
newb,
Having been involved with this sport for several years, the ability to change weights at the seeding meeting has always been in the rules as long as I have known. Once the weight changes are made then its final and the seeding begins. Bargaining and swapping weight classes within a team and within opponents has happened for years and the changes that need to be made are made before the seeding meeting. The only difference this year is the fact that the entries were posted before the seeding meeting. This has caused a lot of headaches and more people will move to different weights in direct result of that. In years past it was all hush-hush about who is in what weight class until AFTER the seeding meetings (not sure why they changed that this year and personally don't like the change)but, they had released the numbers in the sub brackets beforehand in years past. Also, you have to remember, a lot of kids hit growth spurts in the early spring and maintaining a weight for 3 weeks straight can simply not be worth it and if they are struggling to maintain a lower weight class and find they need to bump up after they have entered they have the opportunity to do so before the seeding meeting.

"Everything we do should be for the future of our children."
Re: District 2 Seeding Meeting! [Re: Crash99] #185720 03/06/11 08:05 PM
Hossus Offline
I think it's funny. Now it will be obvious who's running from competition since they posted the entries early. Sure hope the weigh in's are done properly and by criteria at subs. Can't wait to see the results of seeding today.

Fortune assists the daring.
Re: District 2 Seeding Meeting! [Re: Hossus] #185722 03/06/11 08:25 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
The runners will run & the wrestlers will wrestle. I cant believe they made public whos going at what weight. This is not to fill brackets. I was told that they have been doing this for years. I never could access that info in years past. NO MAJOR TOURNAMENT RELEASES THAT INFO!!! Whats the use of having weight groups if they are going to let that info out. I heard it was to make sure all the brackets were full. This is just a way to get out of the kids bracket that been beating your kid!!!

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: District 2 Seeding Meeting! [Re: luellen] #185873 03/07/11 05:26 AM
N
newb Offline
N
Originally Posted By: luellen
The runners will run & the wrestlers will wrestle. I cant believe they made public whos going at what weight. This is not to fill brackets. I was told that they have been doing this for years. I never could access that info in years past. NO MAJOR TOURNAMENT RELEASES THAT INFO!!! Whats the use of having weight groups if they are going to let that info out. I heard it was to make sure all the brackets were full. This is just a way to get out of the kids bracket that been beating your kid!!!

HELLO!!!!!

Re: District 2 Seeding Meeting! [Re: Crash99] #185924 03/07/11 04:29 PM
S
smithy Offline
S
Absolutely. We were keeping my kid the correct weight all year. All of a sudden we couldn't. He is hitting that spurt and there was no way he was going to make the weight for another 3 weeks. Also, this boy has nothing to lose. I know I will hear that he needs to just make the weight. He has tried but I am not a fan of making them starve. If they can survive on fruits and vegetables the day of weigh in, I am ok with that. However, that was barely possible this last week. I am glad and so was he that he was able to move.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Vieyra), 118 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)