Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Topeka Capital Journal #187699 03/27/11 11:50 PM
JACD_Moison Offline OP
OP Offline
This morning I went into Casey's General Store for my morning cup of coffee and breakfast on our way to the tournament. As I was paying for our items, I looked down at the newspaper and noticed on the front page that the headline was the horse show that took place right next to the 2011 Kansas Kids Wrestling Championships.... I have nothing against the Horse show or whatever it was, but I heard through the gragevine that the Kids tourney brought in somewhere close to 1.25 million? I doubt the horse show brought in 1% of that.

My problem with this is simple, these KIDS are KANSANS, FUTURE KANSAS TAXPAYERS, and FUTURE KANSAS FAMILIES and their supporters and parents (WHICH ARE KANSANS) just spent 1.25 million and they can't even get on the front page of the Topeka Capital Journal??? Instead, they had to settle for the back page of the sports section (or close). The Topeka Capital Journal should be ASAHMED of themselves for overlooking something as big as this.

I know, I know, someone wants to give me a tissue. Just frustrated that's all, these kids deserve HUGE RECOGNITION!!!

Hell, I thought with ol Brownback being there we would have surely been a shoe in for the front page! smile

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com
Re: The Topeka Capital Journal [Re: JACD_Moison] #187702 03/28/11 01:33 AM
C
CMB Offline
C
Topeka does not seem to want the tourny no more. We need to find a place that will provide three full mats for all age groups. A city that can provide hotel room without raising the rates the week-end of the tournament. A city that puts us on the front page on Sunday. It's to bad the same group runs both arenas(Topeka and Wichita)so they won't bid against each other. Just my thoughts!

Chris Bowen
Goddard High Wrestling
Re: The Topeka Capital Journal [Re: CMB] #187714 03/28/11 03:41 AM
K
ksuwrestling2 Offline
K
Every body knows the the Capital Journal cares nothing for wrestling. The only thing they do care about is KU Basketball or Hayden. I will never buy a subscription to what I consider the worst news paper in Kansas. And I really don't care if anyone disagrees with that.

Steve Moser
Re: The Topeka Capital Journal [Re: CMB] #187721 03/28/11 11:26 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: CMB
Topeka does not seem to want the tourny no more. We need to find a place that will provide three full mats for all age groups. A city that can provide hotel room without raising the rates the week-end of the tournament. A city that puts us on the front page on Sunday. It's to bad the same group runs both arenas(Topeka and Wichita)so they won't bid against each other. Just my thoughts!

i don't think the city has anything to do with hotel rates. trust me it's not just for wrestling tournaments. they do it all year. next year i think NO clubs should reserve rooms, then at the last minute ALL should use expedia, or priceline. lol.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: The Topeka Capital Journal [Re: JACD_Moison] #187727 03/28/11 12:05 PM
JDC Offline
I think that if the tournament brings in that much money than it should be rotated frequently! All cities and counties can benefit from that kind of profit!!

Re: The Topeka Capital Journal [Re: JDC] #187751 03/28/11 01:37 PM
W
wildcat mom Offline
W
~The Sunday paper stated that the Wrestlers/families brought something like 1.5 million dollars to the city for the weekend (hope I remember that right) If I was the city of Topeka/newspaper of Topeka, I would be doing everything to keep this tourn. here. Sounds like a lot of money to me!!!!! The wrestlers deserve way more recognition than they got!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 131 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)