Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2011 Kansas National Team Information: #189002 04/11/11 06:25 PM
K
Kansas_Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
K
April 11, 2011

For those interested in participating on the Kansas National Team (born in 1995 or 1996 for cadet qualifications) and if you are currently a freshman through senior in high school, we are interested in inviting you to have a great opportunity to compete against the best competition available in our country.

We have established what we are proud to call our “Regional Training Centers” throughout the state. These centers are going to be conducted by current or former coaches & athletes from our National Teams and will be held on Sundays. Our first training center will be held this Sunday, April 17 2011 and the Cadet/Junior National tournament in Fargo on July 15th – 23rd. During these workshops, wrestlers will practice from 1-4 p.m. on specific techniques that the staff has selected as “must win” situations.

We understand that not every athlete can make each training event. We are simply asking that you/your child attempts to attend a majority of the sessions. We are expecting every wrestler looking to make the Kansas National Team to attend 3 of the 4 workshops at the training centers. We understand that personal schedules (graduations, family events, holidays, etc.) might interfere with a training center date; therefore, we are giving you the option to choose which training center you attend on any given opportunity. These sessions are going to be free to the public and we invite all persons excited about this opportunity to attend. To participate in the workshop, you must have a current USA Wrestling card.

The dates and locations of these centers are as followed:

2011 USAWKS Freestyle/Greco Workshops
ALL workshops are from 1 – 4 p.m.

Apr 17th
St. James Academy, Lenexa
Fort Hays State University, Hays
Clay Center
Wichita - Andale High School or Newman University
Topeka Seaman High School, Topeka
Colby Middle School, Colby

May 8
Clay Center

June 5
Clay Center

We are looking to add a couple more dates and possibly locations, so keep referring to the forum for updates.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at any time.

Russ Hermreck
Kansas Cadet/Junior Director
913-226-8945
russell_hermreck@usd368.org

Russ Hermreck
Kansas Cadet Director
Paola Wrestling Coach
Re: 2011 Kansas National Team Information: [Re: Kansas_Coach] #189010 04/11/11 07:43 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
More information.

This year the 2011 Cadet National Duals will be located in Daytona Beach, FL. The dates are June 14th - 18th. The move of this tournament to Florida has made it very difficult to plan to attend. We have put all expenses together and anticipate the cost per wrestler to come to $850. I know Doug Eck has contacted many of you that this will affect and what I need to know now is who will be interested in going?

We are going to set a date that you will have to have a deposit made if you are willing to attend. This is step #1 for you as parents. Please contact me and let me know.

We will be posting more information as needed.

Thanks,

Russ Hermreck
Kansas Cadet & Junior Director
913-226-8945
russell_hermreck@usd368.org

Re: 2011 Kansas National Team Information: [Re: smokeycabin] #189253 04/16/11 01:30 AM
Ed Wilson Offline
April 12th

Due to the lack of dates available for our National Team Members to train in the Month of June, we have made a couple of changes to the dates of our training centers. They are as follows:

Regional Training Centers:

#1 - April 17th
#2 - May 1st
#3 - May 8th
#4 - May 22nd
#5 - June 5th
#6 - July 3rd or 10th TBD

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Russ Hermreck
Kansas Cadet & Junior Director

Did you see that Eckenbacherswartzendruber?

Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
Re: 2011 Kansas National Team Information: [Re: Ed Wilson] #189540 04/25/11 08:59 PM
525 Offline
Russ,

Please check out the USA Memorial Duals thread if you haven't already. It's very reasonable and your wrestlers can get 10 to 12 matches in 2 days. In Nebraska we are struggling with the same cost issue you are with Cadet duals in Daytona. We are trying to put together a team to send down there but I won't know till after our State tournament this weekend. This tournament was created for 2 reasons: 1) to create more matches for the kids in 3 different age divisions. 2) To give kids the opportunity to get matches if they just can't afford to make the trip to Daytona.

We only send 1 team each year to Cadet duals but there are some states that usually send 2 but are feeling the crunch with the economy, gas prices and now a bigger trip to Daytona. Some of those states can only get enough kids for 1 team rather than the usual 2 teams. This event will help them also.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm the same guy that runs the Elementary National duals in Fremont, NE. It would be at the same venue.

Fred Franklin

Re: 2011 Kansas National Team Information: [Re: 525] #189549 04/26/11 12:16 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
I think this sounds like an excellent idea. What about it Russ???

Re: 2011 Kansas National Team Information: [Re: John Johnson] #189753 05/02/11 12:30 AM
L
lakemats Offline
L
Russ, please check you PM's. Thanks

Tim Horgan

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 172 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)