Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36
Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #192852 10/25/11 07:06 PM
G
Gable Fan Offline
G
And Dremel?

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Gable Fan] #192853 10/25/11 07:09 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
No details, just reported as not wrestling at OS.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: XGHSWC] #192865 10/26/11 01:39 PM
G
gardner2x Offline
G
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Based on what I have seen and know, Ben Randolph should be no less than #4.
I realize this is my opinion but it is not bias, it is based on first hand observations, etc.

With Eastman moving up two weights and Morgan one, you have a point. That 6A/130 bracket was very tough. Randolph also owns the unlimited gas tank!

Yes, he certainly does. I witnessed it first hand up close at state last year. You definitely have to beat him to beat him. If you slack up or slow down any at all, he will beat you. Also watched him at Basehor and he worked the state runner up from another class. I think he could give Stokes fits, with all due respect.

"my oppinion is not biased" Tj stokes wrestled thomas gilman nebraska at iowa wrestling camp splitting wins with him... come on now.

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: gardner2x] #192871 10/26/11 02:42 PM
Q
Quagmire Offline
Q
I would love to see gilman vs. stokes

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: gardner2x] #192900 10/27/11 03:01 AM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: gardner2x
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Based on what I have seen and know, Ben Randolph should be no less than #4.
I realize this is my opinion but it is not bias, it is based on first hand observations, etc.

With Eastman moving up two weights and Morgan one, you have a point. That 6A/130 bracket was very tough. Randolph also owns the unlimited gas tank!

Yes, he certainly does. I witnessed it first hand up close at state last year. You definitely have to beat him to beat him. If you slack up or slow down any at all, he will beat you. Also watched him at Basehor and he worked the state runner up from another class. I think he could give Stokes fits, with all due respect.

"my oppinion is not biased" Tj stokes wrestled thomas gilman nebraska at iowa wrestling camp splitting wins with him... come on now.

Oh boo hoo, I am sorry that I offended you.

One would think from a comment like that you don't know much about Randolph. I never talk about anyone unless I know a lot about them and know what I am talking about and I rarely even talk about anyone at all unless my son has wrestled them or they were at least in a bracket together.

And yes, that is what I said, "my opinion is not bias", at all. I don't have a horse in the race. I don't come from Shawnee Mission or even Johnson County. I am not related to Randolph or are even good friends or what ever, where your opinion is clearly bias Mr. gardner2x. It doesn't take much to figure out who you could be.

I never said Randolph would beat TJ or even said he might or could even maybe beat TJ or even get close to beating him. I said he "could" give him fits and I guarantee you he will because he gives everyone he wrestles fits. But don't take my word for it, ask TJ. TJ beat Randolph 3-2 at the Johnson County this past season. Sounds like he probably gave him fits then. Ask Corado or Daddy Seybold and they will tell you. When I told Kevin that my son was going to have to wrestle Randolph at state he proceeded to tell me that even though Mario beat him, Randolph "gave him fits". My son beat Randolph at state but Randolph definitely gave him fits. My son has beat a lot of kids that "gave him fits". He has even pinned some kids that gave him fits. Chief already spoke about Randolph's gas tank. It is crazy. He truly has a Shoemaker type motor. Randolph would give any of the best wrestlers around his weight in the state fits, but I won't throw any more names out because I don't want to offend anyone else. Randolph is just that kind of wrestler. He gives the best wrestlers fits.

Plus it really wasn't even about TJ or you, it was about Randolph. I wasn't trying to disrespect TJ, you can see where I said with all due respect. I would never try to disrespect TJ or any wrestler for that matter. Everyone knows who TJ is and how good he is so no need to get offended or defend him. He is a state champion and has earned respect from everyone. Your comment on the other hand was disrespectful to Randolph, but now I guess I shouldn't have brought up Stokes. It is just that right now they are the top two ranked wrestlers in 6A at the weight so the comment seemed very appropriate.

It was really about Randolph. I was trying to celebrate him. I love that kid and his style. He is a great kid and a dang good wrestler. He is friendly and courteous. On the mat, he is non stop action and excitement. My opinion, which is definitely not bias when it comes to Randolph, is that he is as tough as nails.

Last edited by XGHSWC; 10/27/11 03:04 AM.
Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: XGHSWC] #192907 10/27/11 01:02 PM
T
Tommyboy Offline
T
Are you joking Quagmire! Stokes is good , but Gilman is on another level. Gilman is a prize recruit for Iowa.

Dan Gentzler- Andover Central

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Tommyboy] #192910 10/27/11 03:04 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Any 5A 113's out there that I'm missing?

Eric Johnson

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #192912 10/27/11 03:07 PM
B
BigEd Offline
B
I would like to see Randolph go up to 138 and bang heads with some of those guys!

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: BigEd] #192914 10/27/11 03:38 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: Tommyboy
Are you joking Quagmire! Stokes is good , but Gilman is on another level. Gilman is a prize recruit for Iowa.

Maybe so, but I am sure that it would still be a good enjoyable match.

Originally Posted By: BigEd
I would like to see Randolph go up to 138 and bang heads with some of those guys!

Now that is a good, positive, appropriate comment. Thanks.

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: XGHSWC] #192916 10/27/11 04:12 PM
Q
Quagmire Offline
Q

I agree with everything Tommyboy and X says:
Stokes is good.
Gilman is on another level.
It would be an enjoyable match.

IMO none of the funk that Stokes uses would work on Gilman. Gilman is way to technically sound. He's also quick, strong, and super explosive. Gilman, along with Corey Clark and Jack Hathaway, is already a college ready wrestler. Heck, this summer Hathaway beat a couple of D1 kids at Fila Juniors one includes the Pittsburg kid that was a match or 2 away from being an all american. These 3 kids are all on a whole different level than anyone in Kansas.

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Quagmire] #192928 10/28/11 01:16 PM
C
OP Offline
C
11/1 - Pre-Season All-Class Update #5

11/4 - KWCA Pre-Season Individual Class Ranking!

Eric Johnson

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #192929 10/28/11 02:16 PM
B
back in the day Offline
B
Come on Chief. You have been early with some of the updates. You have it done. Let us have it to chew on.

"instant gratification takes too long!"

We may have to occupy your office!!!!!!

Last edited by back in the day; 10/28/11 02:17 PM.

The older I get the better I was!
Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Quagmire] #192932 10/28/11 02:30 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: Quagmire

Stokes is good.

IMO none of the funk that Stokes uses would work on Gilman. Gilman is way to technically sound. He's also quick, strong, and super explosive. Gilman, along with Corey Clark and Jack Hathaway, is already a college ready wrestler. Heck, this summer Hathaway beat a couple of D1 kids at Fila Juniors one includes the Pittsburg kid that was a match or 2 away from being an all american. These 3 kids are all on a whole different level than anyone in Kansas.

Sure, but didn't gardner2x say they split.
And my boy said that Litvak told him that Stokes beat Gilman 7-2.
If that is the case, they are clearly not that far apart.

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: XGHSWC] #192935 10/28/11 02:46 PM
Q
Quagmire Offline
Q
Originally Posted By: Quagmire

Stokes is good.

Sure, but didn't gardner2x say they split.
And my boy said that Litvak told him that Stokes beat Gilman 7-2.
If that is the case, they are clearly not that far apart.

I'd have to see it to believe it. Can't trust everything you hear.. Especially from a gardner kid grin

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: back in the day] #192936 10/28/11 03:07 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: back in the day
Come on Chief. You have been early with some of the updates. You have it done. Let us have it to chew on.

"instant gratification takes too long!"

We may have to occupy your office!!!!!!

The first peek can't be released until after the KWCA meeting. The All-Class update on Tuesday may have a few surprises in it. The Team rankings will be changed and at least two individual #1's will be different.

Eric Johnson

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Quagmire] #192938 10/28/11 04:00 PM
B
back in the day Offline
B
I resemble that remark about gardner kids!

The older I get the better I was!
Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Quagmire] #192964 10/30/11 12:07 AM
L
lil white boy Offline
L
obvisouly the "funk" stokes uses worked on Gilman if he beat him? I am not from gardner but i have seen the stokes brothers wrestle alot so i have seen alot of thier "funk" which is un-describeable. What do you guys mean he is on a diffrent level?

Gilman is quick, strong and explosive. Stokes is VERY quick and strong enough to hold his own. Gilman beat Stokes by 1 the first match and the second match Stokes handled it. Stokes put him on his back not once not twice but 3 times. I am NOT against Gilman by no means he is a very talanted wrestle and congrats to him committing to Iowa! I am very intrested to see where Stokes goes.

Quagmire- If you dont beleive it just because a Gardner kid said it then ask one of the Iowa coaches. I was there to watch and recruit some kids. i seen both matches the first was a score of 3-2 the second match was 9-2.

I agree with all of the people that said Randolf is a very good wrestler and has a endless tank but again i am defending stokes but not attacking any wrestler, Stokes has beat Randolf 3 or 4 times 2 of which stokes has pinned Randolf. There is NO defence to the 3-2 match with them from what i heard it was a VERY good match Randolf was like the energizer bunny (nothing new) Good luck to him with whatever he decides to do after his wrestling season!!!

Thanks!!

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: lil white boy] #192965 10/30/11 12:39 AM
C
OP Offline
C
To be clear, Randolph and Stokes have wrestled three times. Stokes won 8-7, 3-2 and by fall.

Eric Johnson

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: Chief Renegade] #192966 10/30/11 02:24 AM
L
lil white boy Offline
L
I stand corrected, thanks Chief!

Re: 2011-12 All-Class Rankings! [Re: lil white boy] #192969 10/30/11 03:30 PM
Q
Quagmire Offline
Q
Originally Posted By: lil white boy
obvisouly the "funk" stokes uses worked on Gilman if he beat him? I am not from gardner but i have seen the stokes brothers wrestle alot so i have seen alot of thier "funk" which is un-describeable. What do you guys mean he is on a diffrent level?

Gilman is quick, strong and explosive. Stokes is VERY quick and strong enough to hold his own. Gilman beat Stokes by 1 the first match and the second match Stokes handled it. Stokes put him on his back not once not twice but 3 times. I am NOT against Gilman by no means he is a very talanted wrestle and congrats to him committing to Iowa! I am very intrested to see where Stokes goes.

Quagmire- If you dont beleive it just because a Gardner kid said it then ask one of the Iowa coaches. I was there to watch and recruit some kids. i seen both matches the first was a score of 3-2 the second match was 9-2.

I agree with all of the people that said Randolf is a very good wrestler and has a endless tank but again i am defending stokes but not attacking any wrestler, Stokes has beat Randolf 3 or 4 times 2 of which stokes has pinned Randolf. There is NO defence to the 3-2 match with them from what i heard it was a VERY good match Randolf was like the energizer bunny (nothing new) Good luck to him with whatever he decides to do after his wrestling season!!!

Thanks!!

First of all, my comment about the Gardner kids was a joke. I have plenty of friends that have wrestled on that team and are on the team now. Secondly, I don't know any of the coaches in Iowa that were there but, I do know Thomas. I have been watching him wrestle since the days when he was with Team Central out of Park Hill, Missouri. I will just ask him. Finally, lil white boy, you might not be from Gardner but you obviously have some close ties with them. Just out of curiosity who do you recruit for? And one more thing, that "un-describeable funk" is a nasty headlock, a sweet spladle, some unreal strength combine with some pretty sick flexibility, and natural ability to scramble in any position.

Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 151 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)