Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gonna stir the pot #195786 12/31/11 01:40 AM
S
Spexy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Why do a lot of us go wrestle in ok? Answer different competition. When you go to their tournaments you pay to get in. So why doesn't Ks? Most clubs are charged a fee to use the facility, so why not recoupe some of that fee. $3.00 or 4.00 WILL be paid by all who want to watch their kid, grandson/ granddaughter , cousin, etc... Something to ponder.. Only takes 1 club to get it started.

Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: Spexy] #195787 12/31/11 02:08 AM
J
jerry davis Offline
J
A lot of the Eastern Kansas clubs do charge to get in. But there entry fees have stayed low. A matter of fact every tournament except Eureka east of Augusta that we have went to always has charged and my Dad doesn't care to go to them.But if your tournament is ran right and you pick a good date you shouldn't have many problems paying the bills. Use trackwrestling and have a good concession.

Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: jerry davis] #195800 12/31/11 02:44 PM
W
wrestle4fun Offline
W
I can honestly say that if we had to pay to get into every tournament my son participates in he wouldn't be able to wrestle very much. We are on a very tight budget and if on top of tournament fees, food, and gas, we then had to pay to get in all the time it would just make it too hard financially.

Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: wrestle4fun] #195802 12/31/11 08:30 PM
Beeson Offline
So now a family of 5 will pay an extra $20 to watch? I would not attend a local tournament that charged. Tulsa Nationals, JOC, and tourney's like those I don't mind paying, but not for the Ark City Invitational, Goddard, Winfield or tournaments of that nature.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: Beeson] #195807 01/01/12 12:34 AM
S
Spexy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes you would pay. Adults only or put a cap on the amount. If your kid is in high school you would pay to go watch him/ her. Oklahoma tourney fees are only $16 for each tournament. Ark city $18, Derby $20, Maize $20 or $25. Salina $20...PER wrestler!! Do the math people with multiple kids are paying more anyway. Reduce entry fees and charge a couple of bucks. In the long run you will save $$$.

Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: Spexy] #195810 01/01/12 02:57 AM
hotrodder54 Offline
Today I paid 3.00ea 3 adults 12under free 1.00 of which is going to Kansas wrestling College fund. For my family that was 9.00 at the door. And I was happy to pay it thank god wrestling seasons here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.
Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: hotrodder54] #195815 01/01/12 03:50 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: hotrodder54
Today I paid 3.00ea 3 adults 12under free 1.00 of which is going to Kansas wrestling College fund. For my family that was 9.00 at the door. And I was happy to pay it thank god wrestling seasons here!!!!!!!!!!!!

This $1 of each entry fee that the tournament is donating to the Kansas College Wrestling Fund is an investment into the future of Kansas wrestling and the educational futures of our current and next generations of young Kansas wrestlers. These donations to the KCWF will help keep viable the current and future college wrestling programs in our State of Kansas. We currently have ten college wrestling programs.

College wrestling does not get anywhere near the financial support that sports like football and basketball get. Those sports tend to get higher attendance, ticket prices at their games than college wrestling. They also get a lot more TV dollars, corporate financial sponsorship and alumni financial support. It is imperative for the wrestling community to financially support our current and hopefully future college wrestling programs. We can do this by sending direct financial donations to the fund on a regular basis and by supporting any local youth and high school tournaments that choose to donate to the fund. For each ticket you buy to such a tournament you are making an Investment Into the Future of College Wrestling in Kansas and for our young wrestlers academic and wrestling futures. You really are doing something special for wrestling and young wrestlers in Kansas when you contribute to this Kansas College Wrestling Fund. Thank you for helping wrestling grow in Kansas!

Last edited by Husker Fan; 01/01/12 03:52 PM.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: Husker Fan] #195818 01/01/12 04:21 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan

This $1 of each entry fee that the tournament is donating to the Kansas College Wrestling Fund is an investment into the future of Kansas wrestling and the educational futures of our current and next generations of young Kansas wrestlers. These donations to the KCWF will help keep viable the current and future college wrestling programs in our State of Kansas. We currently have ten college wrestling programs.

It is not really a donation if it is forced. A donation is given, not taken. And No I would not pay to watch my kid wrestle at a run of the mill tournament. The entry fee is high enough to cover costs, and make plenty of money. Anyone that is telling you differently is selling something. Lastly, yes I pay and will continue to pay to watch High School wrestling. Apples to Oranges on that.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Gonna stir the pot [Re: Beeson] #195847 01/02/12 04:39 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan

It is not really a donation if it is forced. A donation is given, not taken. And No I would not pay to watch my kid wrestle at a run of the mill tournament. The entry fee is high enough to cover costs, and make plenty of money. Anyone that is telling you differently is selling something. Lastly, yes I pay and will continue to pay to watch High School wrestling. Apples to Oranges on that.

Beeson:

That is true it is not a personal donation on your part as it is the tournament organizers who are donating it to the fund out of their tournament profits.

As far as your statement about that you would not pay to watch your child wrestle at a run of the mill tournament that is a personal decision and certainly one that you have a choice to make. My son is a junior in college and has wrestled in Kansas Kids, high school and college for fifteen years. I have paid ticket admission at tournaments to see him wrestle at all of those levels in his 15 years of wrestling. There have been a few tournaments over the years that I thought were too high in entry fees, admission and even parking and we decided not to enter those. But there were very few that we made that decision on.

It was a lot worse for my daughter who was a youth basketball player. Her club team had higher entry fees for tournaments and there were higher ticket prices for us at all her games than anything we experienced at wrestling tournaments. In fact at her tournaments we would often have to pay the $5 per person ticket Each game in the tournament on top of the entry fee to the tournament.

I have never ran a tournament before but my guess is that they have a certain revenue goal that they plan to achieve. It might be to meet that revenue goal that a tournament can keep the entry fee lower if they also charge admission for spectators to the tournament. I went to watch my young seven year old nephew wrestle at a youth tournament for the first time a couple of years ago. I had to pay a ticket price to get in to watch him wrestle a few matches. It was $5 or less. The fact that the tournament can pick up additional revenue like that from relatives and friends like myself that day perhaps helps keep the entry fee down for a wrestler who might not be able to wrestle that day.

Now are the tournaments making too much profit? I do not have the answer to that. You may think their profit is excessive. As individual consumers we have that choice to not participate if we think it is too excessive. Personally I rarely felt that way in 15 years of attending wrestling tournaments at the youth, high school and college level.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)