Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny #198369 02/04/12 11:17 PM
R
Rymer Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Today there was an incident at Maize. Where a great kid was shown the worst disrepect after a loss, that he, his family, club, the Maize club and all kids clubs should have to witness or see happen. A Dumba!! man {seen more real men on the 6/u mat} was acting like a!!. These actions are unforgiveable as well as untolerable and unacceptable. This guy should probably never be allowed in gym again. His actions were all his own his sons club should not be looked at any different than prior to this they are a gr8 club that teaches repect and good sportsmanship. This man was myself David Rymer and there is no punishment that could make right for Kylar Poort and his Family I truly do apolagize to your family, Team Haysville for tainting an image you have very hard to achieve, Team Maize for dispecting your gr8 Touney, all kids clubs present,, also my family for disgracing you all. I am very aware this may become bigger than I can handle on this forum, deservedly so. But the Poort Family and Team Haysville deserve better than thay got today. I deserve any and all that I get over this there is no excuse that I can make for my actions other than COWARDLY!!!! David Rymer

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Rymer] #198383 02/05/12 12:57 AM
S
Sig Offline
S
If it has not been an issue before make sure it doesn't become one again, learn from it and drive on. There are many more parents that should be doing the same thing that you did, admit they have a problem and fix it.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Sig] #198406 02/05/12 04:15 AM
J
jafo14 Offline
J
The biggest challenge is manning up to your mistakes and trust me I have been there. The next step is to fix them. Good job on the first step and best of luck on the next.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Sig] #198407 02/05/12 04:20 AM
R
reddog2853 Offline
R
yes david u did make an a.. out of ur self. especially the triple h act in the top row of the stands.just make sure it doesn't happen again because ur performance or actions reflect the sport in a manner that young individuals should not see or experience. i admire u for apologizing to the forum but now u will have to earn that respect back. remember do not try and wrestle the sport through u kid as soon as u realize that it will all come together. and always remeber there is always someone better.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: reddog2853] #198481 02/05/12 07:57 PM
C
CrzyOne1024 Offline
C
Your actions were extremely uncalled for David. It would be one thing if things like this have not happened before, but this form of disrespect has been shown repeatedly by not only you, but your wife and your son. Apologies are only words unless you back them by actions. We put our kids in sports NOT to live through them but to teach them SPORTSMANSHIP and RESPECT, and to teach them it's NOT ALL ABOUT WINNING.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: CrzyOne1024] #198492 02/05/12 11:06 PM
Beeson Offline
I love how the last two posters are quick to say how poorley he acted and gave all kinds of advice, but not one signature. Gives your statements very little weight.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Beeson] #198494 02/05/12 11:20 PM
B
Bowen Offline
B
I'm sure Dave feels real bad and whatever happens from this i hope little man still keeps wrestling. I have coached him in several sports, he works hard and very athletic kid.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Bowen] #198500 02/06/12 12:22 AM
R
Rford Offline
R
Well, it takes some guts to publically say you are sorry. I'm pretty sure a lot of parents have done the same or worse and felt completely justified in acting like an ass in public because something bad happened to their kid. Including me.

I've got no clue what happened, but I'm sure I've been there and done that, or close to it at one time or another while raising/coaching/protecting my son. At the time, his pee-wee sport, whatever it was, was very important to me and I was way too emotionally involved in the outcome and had no comprehension that what he was doing meant very little in the big scheme of things, in fact, he'd been better off doing things to strenthen his intellect. Not many grown men make a living wrestling. I had no perspective, no tolerance for mistakes by others, real or perceived, and thought my son had star potential written all over him (I still think that, in general, but he's 34 now).

With my own experience as a wrestler, parent, kids' coach, and 15 years as a high school offical, I think we have allowed unsportsmanlike conduct to permeate our sport and its getting worse. But it permeates our society, doesn't it? Aren't we all ruder, more demanding, less forgiving than our parents were? when our kids are involved, don't we all tend to blame others, refuse to look inward for the shortcomings, and assume that our child's failures are caused by events beyond his/her control?

So don't be too hard on this gentlemen, even if he might not have been one at this particular moment.

Last edited by Rford; 02/06/12 04:04 AM.
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Rford] #198505 02/06/12 01:01 AM
W
wewrestleX2 Offline
W
For the past 3 people who have posted a comment... Ok yea he may feel bad for his actions, but this is not the first time this family has acted out. People don't want to add their signatures, so what? They don't want to deal with the drama they cause or bring. Yes their son works hard, but he has no one ounce of sportsmanship and there is no others to blame except his parents. Him seeing his parents be poor sports makes him that same way and at his age, that is really sad. As for the incident that happenes at the Maize tourney. That was totally uncalled for, disrespectful to his son, wife, club, the Maize club, clubs who witnessed it, and most disrespectful to the member of his own team who he was wrestling, and that boys dad. The WWE suck it thrust were totally childish at the top of the stands. Glad the Maize officials asked him to leave as no telling what was next. What I thought was really sad, was the fact that their son sat their, witnessed the whole incident, and then took off his team slinglet only to be replaced with a different one. Are you serious? So yes, thank you for making an a$$ out of yourself and saying your public apology, but really, how many people are actually going to accept it? I don't. We were even part of that, had nothing to do, but to be flipped off and cursed at from the top of the stands. My kids didn't need to see or hear that.. Grow up

Last edited by wewrestleX2; 02/06/12 01:02 AM.
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: wewrestleX2] #198510 02/06/12 02:19 AM
Beeson Offline
Im not saying his actions were right, he admitted that they were wrong. This is also the first public apology, maybe he saw himself on film and said I need to fix the way I act. Whether you accept his apology or not is of no consequence to me. I just find it cowardly to call a man an Ass and then not have the fortitude to sign your name.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Beeson] #198576 02/06/12 08:23 PM
W
wewrestleX2 Offline
W
He is probably only making a public apology because he knows that most clubs have a ZERO tolerance for acting that way. And no one wants to add their signature probably for the simple fact they don't want to deal with this families crazy bi polar ways.. No telling whats next.. It is just sad that he has that must disrespect for all the kids and parents from his own team, who he was flipping the bird and thrusting his hips in the motion to ” suck it”.. That is as low of a coward as they come.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: wewrestleX2] #198583 02/06/12 09:42 PM
R
Rymer Offline OP
OP Offline
R
The only reason this thread was started was because I felt it was the only way to apolagize to you all. I expecting forgiveness because it is not forgiveable what I did to Kylar and Chad and all in the gym, Nor am i trying to get into another club. I deserve all negative input and much more. no excuse for my stupid act. not trying to debate issue or looking for positve feedback. I will not post anymore, I will get what I deserve, I did this stupid thing to a great child that never deserved any of my actions. The negatives brought onto Dusty and Jacob are my fault, Since Sat, incident. But the negatives against Jacob prior to sat sure were not deserved to him. But through my actions sure are now. Once again I realize how big of an a!! I am. hopefully this can change my self into an acceptable part of society some day. I truly reget all done to every child in wrestling community by my actions.

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: Rymer] #198588 02/06/12 10:21 PM
W
wewrestleX2 Offline
W
Ok well whatever negatives were brought up on your child prior to your Triple H incident, we don't know. But do you ever think that your child may get all the negatives because of seeing how his parents may act? Come on now, look in the mirror

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: wewrestleX2] #198590 02/06/12 10:30 PM
T
ThomasGT Offline
T
I think he "gets it."

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: ThomasGT] #198651 02/07/12 02:14 PM
demon357 Offline
Whatever the intentions....its a big step in the right direction for someone to admit they're wrongs and publicly to everyone else is an ever bigger step.

As far as clubs having zero tolerance for this type of behavior....they absolutely should. Whether it's a ref, parent or even a coach...at practice, tournament or otherwise, there should be zero tolerance and swift action should be taken and it sounds like Mr. Rymer is ready to accept whatever consequences may come of his actions.

Last edited by demon357; 02/07/12 02:21 PM.
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: wewrestleX2] #198667 02/07/12 04:20 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
People don't want to add their signatures, so what?

I have no clue what this incident was, I was not a this tournamen, but the reason people should add their signatures is because it is forum rules. If you are going to say something negative about an individual, or call someone or some club out, SIGN YOUR NAME. I
Lance Geyer

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: L.Geyer] #198676 02/07/12 05:52 PM
N
NowUknow! Offline
N
For all of you that are judging give it a rest he is human and has apologized! He is not on here ignorantly defending his actions. Sir all we can ask is that you set your son down and discuss why this is unacceptable. If he displays these behaviors take away his privileges until he learns to control his emotions. These people talkn down on you aren't God nor enhance the quality of your life,in any way. Hopefully you're sincere and will change. The rest of us who,witnessed this incident it was a reachable moment for us and our kids on how not to act. Our kids live in a world where they hear and see a lot worse. Calm down! - Coach

Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: NowUknow!] #198678 02/07/12 05:58 PM
usawks1 Offline
... maintaining the proper parent/coach perspective is a tough task at best! We discuss these issues in the Bronze clinic!!

... besides, we don't want our grandkids to end up wearing a dog collar!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Unforgivable actions at Maize Tourny [Re: usawks1] #198682 02/07/12 06:05 PM
usawks1 Offline

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)