Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Andy Albright] #202494 03/06/12 02:54 PM
B
burnie Offline
B
What was the score in Reeds match I did not see it

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: burnie] #202501 03/06/12 03:09 PM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Originally Posted By: burnie
What was the score in Reeds match I did not see it

There was no match at 170s and I don't know why that was.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Ricky Bobby] #202505 03/06/12 03:23 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
The kid from Missouri was going to be a no-show.

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: sportsfan02] #202512 03/06/12 03:47 PM
B
burnie Offline
B
Thats to bad they had a no show

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: sportsfan02] #202650 03/07/12 03:37 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
The kid from Missouri was going to be a no-show.

Should we now consider Missouri the No-Show Me State?

Lee Girard
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: ReDPloyd] #202684 03/07/12 03:44 PM
J
jamesrenfro Offline
J
The young man that did not come- I would not consider him a no show. He had situation occur the night before the dual and it put him in a situation that he was unable to attend. His coach and the young man as well the Team Missouri rep contacted Team Kansas to inform us of the situation and the young man that he was supposed to wrestle from Wichita Hieghts was informed and did not waste his time coming to Parsons for a forfeit. Team Missouri tried to find a replacement on short notice to no avail. Things happen. I believe the young man and hope he will be able to work through the situation that kept him from the event. I would like to also add that Team Missouri had a difficult sitauion this year by being turned down by a couple of big guns. They brought the best team available for that evening and I commend that group of young men coming over to lay it on the line for the great sport of wrestling and Labette Community College. We look forward to hosting this event for many years to come, and want this to be the most competative event possible.

TCOB
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: jamesrenfro] #202766 03/08/12 01:32 AM
WillyM Offline
How about a 3 sided SE Kansas/SW Missouri/NE Oklahoma classic--or a South Central Kansas (Wichita and vicinity)/North Central Oklahoma (OK City, Stillwater, etc.) Classic????

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: WillyM] #202772 03/08/12 01:53 AM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Originally Posted By: Contrarian
How about a 3 sided SE Kansas/SW Missouri/NE Oklahoma classic--or a South Central Kansas (Wichita and vicinity)/North Central Oklahoma (OK City, Stillwater, etc.) Classic????

I've been proposing a dual with Oklahoma for a few years now. It would be really enjoyable, but I don't know if there is time for a triangle dual. I do wish we could get something going with Oklahoma though.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Ricky Bobby] #202786 03/08/12 02:40 AM
A
AAA Offline
A
Anyone know where if at all this can be found in the archives?

Kevin Seybold

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Ricky Bobby] #202799 03/08/12 03:17 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
Originally Posted By: Contrarian

I've been proposing a dual with Oklahoma for a few years now. It would be really enjoyable, but I don't know if there is time for a triangle dual. I do wish we could get something going with Oklahoma though.

Not enough time is right, particularly on a weekday. Missouri's best kids have not shown an interest in participating so I say give Oklahoma a chance.

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Ricky Bobby] #202813 03/08/12 05:39 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
"Turd???"

I thought I read somewhere on here that we are not to resort to personal attacks/name-calling?

You can make the rules, but it doesn't mean you have to follow them.

HA! Now that is a good one. Here I will be a good, law-abiding board citizen by signing my name. That absolves me (NOT) of anything stupid thing I might write, like calling another member of our KS wrestling community a "TURD".

D. Dean Welsh
Junction City, KS 66441
WARNING! Dean plays nice with others!!! ;-)

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: RichardDSalyer] #202814 03/08/12 06:44 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
"Turd???"

I thought I read somewhere on here that we are not to resort to personal attacks/name-calling?

Quote:
Board Rules
This is a free forum, created for the purpose of promoting Kansas wrestling, and those who wrestle, through the exchange of thoughts and suggestions, and for the recognition of the accomplishments of those involved in our sport. There are just two basic rules that are necessary to keep in mind. First, remember that this is a family oriented forum, and is regularly viewed by young wrestlers. Second, "cheap shots" will not be tolerated. If you are going to post a message critical of an individual, group or idea, you must give your true name and/or email address. Be willing to stand behind your comments, or keep them to yourself.

You will find I signed my name, as always. My target on the other hand, while taking a "cheap shot" did not have the integrity or courage to sign his name.

You really, actually signed it (not that that makes any different AT ALL, as I will explain below) - or is it automatically signed for you by some sig post you set up about a decade ago?

I didn't sign mine (if you are referring to me - D. Dean Welsh) because what I login with, is my real name and is easily visible to all. I'm not new here. Most here know me.

Calling somebody a 'turd' is bad, wither you sign your name to it or not. Lots of people have signed their names to horrendous things (murder, assassinations, etc) that didn't make those things right. That didn't make them men of courage and integrity. The silliness of that whole line of 'reasoning' just kills me.

Occasionally over the last decade I have wrote some dumb things on these boards and when they are brought to my attention, I think 'Whoops! Dang. That was dumb of me. I better get back on the board quickly and sincerely apologize to all of those I offended." No need or desire to play defense. To think my post was acceptable to the forums rules and intentions just because I merely signed my name to it, would be extremely irrational and silly.

So, if you want to have real integrity and courage, simply apologize to the dude that you called a 'turd' publicly on the board.

Just because you 'don't play well with others!' and you 'sign all your posts' - doesn't mean you have either courage and/or integrity.

If you want to teach me how to do a sig line for these boards then I will always and automatically have that 'all important available info' for all to see who I really am (like that really solves anything . . .symbolism over substance, you ever hear of alias', fake accounts, multiple ISP's???)

The whole 'sign your name thing' reminds me of a form of censorship . . . Thankfully Benjamin Franklin got away with it for decades, as did Mark Twain, as did . . . but I don't have a problem with it. I understand the intent of the rule and agree with it (again though, it is just 'smoke and mirrors' for any one with half a brain).

I am just like many other posters, we quickly say our thoughts, hit the submit button and then go about doing other things. Not bothering to, or remembering to 'sign our names'. Like that gives you a 'get out of jail free card' to say anything you want to say, no matter how hateful or stupid.

Calling somebody a 'turd' is bad. And signing your name to it, doesn't magically make it good. Bad is bad. Its seems to be pretty black and white to me in this instance . . .

But you have to deal with your defensiveness, rudeness, denials, and conscience (contingent upon you actually having one) not me.

If you would like to discuss this matter privately or on this board (either is fine with me, but I think our silly discussion about calling somebody a 'turd' is not real appropriate for this forum), then feel free to email me.

D. Dean Welsh
Junction City
deanwelsh@usd475.org

Dean plays well with others!!! ;-) Why? Because he is not a sociopath.

PS: Again, if you have the time and interest, do myself and all the other forum members that would like to use sig lines (and not currently know how), instructions on how to create one, and I'll be sure to replicate the one above on ALL my KS wrestling forum posts.

Thank you. And, in case you didn't get it the first time:

D. Dean Welsh
Junction City
deanwelsh@usd475.org

Dean plays well with others!!! ;-) Why? Because he is not a sociopath.

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Dean Welsh] #202816 03/08/12 07:08 AM
Lucas Baker Offline
welsh, click my stuff then scroll down till you see sig box, type away, make sure and save or update

Re: 3rd Annual MoKan Classic [Re: Lucas Baker] #202837 03/08/12 01:58 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Mr. Baker, my good man. I followed your sig instructions. Thank you for being kind enough to give them. Now, I'll submit this without SIGNING my name and see if it automatically gets 'signed' because I notice a check to the left of my 'Add Signature' icon.

Thanks for playing nice!

Take care.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 145 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)