Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #202992 03/09/12 06:25 AM
M
mommaoffour Offline
M
Seriously? Get over it. Records do NOT matter? Maybe we/YOU should focus on things that really matter? This topic is so stupid.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #203025 03/09/12 01:29 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Lucas Baker
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME, PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME AND WHAT I DONT DO.

Forgive me, this is funny though, very similar to a PM i sent you two years ago. Those PMs where you spent half your post cursing....... you certainly aren't trying to do anything positive in this rant, so the few things you actually claim to do....... don't add up. better thoughts and ideas have been given about combining classes, but you can't admit it. your hatred runs too deep, you have seperation issues. you are blind with hate, admit it, and i will lay off.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #203026 03/09/12 01:32 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
I DO NOT HATE ARK CITY JUST CHAD BEESON I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE A FONDNESS FOR ANY TEAM THAT WINS STATE 27 TIMES BEATING OVER HALF OF THE WRESTLERS IN THE FIELD AT STATE. ITS JUST NOT THE SAME TO MANY EASY MATCHES TO WIN AND RACK UP POINTS.

finally some admittion, but still seperation issues, because you still display that 5a football championship patch. where you played less games, and teams with losing records to win.

Last edited by HEADUP; 03/09/12 01:33 PM.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #203028 03/09/12 01:41 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
THANK YOU SCOTT IT HAPPENED 13 TIMES THIS YEAR AND EVEN MORE LAST YEAR. THE BEST WAY TO FIX IT WOULD BE TO HAVE TWO 16 TEAM REGIONALS AND AN 8 MAN STATE BRACKET. SINCE THEY GET ALL PISSY ABOUT COMBINING 5A AND 6A SO THEY WOULD HAVE 60+ SCHOOLS LIKE 3 AND 4 A
Originally Posted By: bockman
i will say this. records dont really mean anything. but not having to win a match to get to state shows there is a problem with the system not the kids but the system. thats all i will ever complain about on this topic.

if you combine it all you would see a decline in small school wrestling, it would just flip the argument, not solve anything

when schools can't compete, they stop trying. bockman, why is it we played in the same conference, but never lined up against each other in varsity football??? the system isn't perfect......but neither is this "throw them all together" idea.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #203030 03/09/12 01:56 PM
Beeson Offline
I DO NOT HATE ARK CITY JUST CHAD BEESON I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE A FONDNESS FOR ANY TEAM THAT WINS STATE 27 TIMES BEATING OVER HALF OF THE WRESTLERS IN THE FIELD AT STATE. ITS JUST NOT THE SAME TO MANY EASY MATCHES TO WIN AND RACK UP POINTS.

I'm going to help poor Lucass out. It's not 27 times...Only 19. We did not win 13 or 14 in a row....Only 11.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: 5a break down [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #203038 03/09/12 02:30 PM
D
D.W. Offline
D
Cant believe this thread is still going on.

My solution to the "class envy" and "under one roof" probelms. - I dont think anything big was going on at the Bi-Center last weekend. Good time to get the top 4, or even better 6 finishers from each class together for a little fun. Im fairly sure that would keep the "loser records" out of the tourney and we could all see how week 5A really is. =)

Like I said earlier, if its a money isue I will pay the rent on the building, as long as I get a cut of the gate. Im sure I could even find a few investors that would love to go in with me if need be. Cha..Ching Cha..Ching

Re: 5a break down [Re: HEADUP] #203169 03/10/12 12:55 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
separation issues? do tell?
Originally Posted By: HEADUP

finally some admittion, but still seperation issues, because you still display that 5a football championship patch. where you played less games, and teams with losing records to win.

Re: 5a break down [Re: Lucas Baker] #203213 03/11/12 12:10 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
separation issues? do tell?

have explained it before, you'll NEVER get it.

Re: 5a break down [Re: HEADUP] #203220 03/11/12 01:43 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
have explained it before, you'll NEVER get it.
Ignore him!

Richard D. Salyer
Re: 5a break down [Re: RichardDSalyer] #203244 03/11/12 08:06 PM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
I think you are completely out of touch if you think that in combining it all one would only see a decline in small school wrestling. A fairly arrogant comment. With this comment you are saying kids from small schools cannot compete and would drop out if there was no prize at the end. Yes, I understand the all class rankings are going to be top heavy with 5/6A kids. It is just a factor of money, population and opportunities. However, after you take out the elite, the small school kids would more than hold their own. Small schools already go to 2 day regionals where most will have to win 3 or more mathes to qualify. For many who compete, just being the best on their team or even placing in league is an accomplishment. They know they are probably not going to qualify for state. The 321A Council Grove regionals at 138 maybe didn't have any 'all class kids' but it was very deep. Many of those kids who did not qualify for state there, might in some of those other regionals where kids go to state without winning a match. In other words, many of the small school kids already compete knowing they will most likely never go to state. But, they keep coming out and competing - I guess for pride. Something I guess some do not understand.

Finally, Lucas you have some points, but remember Ark City normally goes to one of the best regionals in the state. You are aiming your comments at the wrong person.

Re: 5a break down [Re: HEADUP] #203294 03/12/12 05:33 PM
Lucas Baker Offline OP
OP Offline
Like I said, you have never met me before you have no idea who I am. You are the only one with issues thinking it is ok to let 13 kids into 5a with out winning a match at regionals. Something needs to be changed 250+ kids go home in 3a and 4a while we let kids in 5a make it with out winning a match.

Richard tell him to ignore me, thats fine it wont change the fact that 5a regionals are in need of reshaping. I dont see how any of you can think it is ok to let 13 kids into state with out having to win a match to be there.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)