Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TOP City Summer Wrestling League #202462 03/06/12 01:07 PM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Who: Wrestlers who will be in grades 8-12 during the 2012-13 school year.

What: An opportunity to compete against other northeast Kansas wrestlers in competitive matches. All matches will be three, 1˝ minute periods. The league will be using a Madison bracketing system where athletes will be grouped in pools of five according to weight and ability with no rigid weight classes. Each night the pools will compete in a round robin format tournament with the goal being four matches for each participant each night.

Weigh-ins will be held on the opening night from 4:30 – 5:30 pm to establish weights for league competition. Wrestlers may also weigh in on Wednesday, June 6 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm at Seaman High School or via a pre-approved satellite site on June 6th. Satellite weigh in results can be emailed to Mark Stanley at mark.stanley.ks@gmail.com or Patrick Kelly at pkelly@usd345.com.

Teams scoring will also be incorporated with five individuals making up a team. Schools may enter multiple teams. Teams may have up to two alternates to fill in for nights when a regular member is absent. When the alternates are not scoring for their team they will wrestle unassigned. Individuals may also choose to be assigned to a team or wrestle unaffiliated. Dual meet team scoring will be used to accumulate team points (6 points for a fall, 5 points for a Technical Fall, 4 points for a Major, and 3 points for a Decision).

Team and individual awards TBA.

When: Thursday evenings in June (6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28) with a 6:00 pm start time.

Where: Competition will be held in the Seaman Middle School Gym. 5620 Northwest Topeka Boulevard, Topeka, KS 66617-1793

Cost: $30.00 per competitor. A current USA Wrestling card is also required.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #202464 03/06/12 01:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Registration will be limited to ensure a quality event. Please get your teams organized and turned in early!

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #202536 03/06/12 05:35 PM
airbornevetX2 Offline
Hope to be able to help out again this year, Coach Stanley, if you need me. Great job last year with a lot of quality wrestling in a condensed time due to efficient management of time. Look forward to the same this year.

Pittman

Barry N. Pittman
bnpittman14@yahoo.com
785-217-5112
Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: airbornevetX2] #202576 03/06/12 09:04 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
Mark...send me the sign up information.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: up4wrestling] #202579 03/06/12 09:17 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Kim, I emailed it to you. Thanks for your support.

The flier and team sign up sheet for this event can be found in the calendar of events tab to the left.

TOP City Summer Wrestling League

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #204601 03/30/12 12:03 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am bumping this topic to the top!

We have had quite a bit of new interest this year. Please get send your registration forms turned in as early as you can to secure a spot. At some point we will have to cut off entry to ensure a positive event. Thank you for your consideration.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #204602 03/30/12 12:06 PM
M
OP Offline
M
This is a FOLKSTYLE event!

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #206063 05/08/12 01:21 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Summer is quickly approaching. Please get your teams organized and signed up for the TOP City Summer Wrestling League. We have teams registered or interest from Seaman, Clay Center, Washburn Rural, Holton, Royal Valley, Tonganoxie, Topeka High, Silver Lake, Oskaloosa, and Jeff West. Many are forming multiple teams. Don't miss out!

Link to flier - TOP City Summer Wrestling League

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #206657 06/05/12 11:51 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Just a reminder to all that have registered, our first night for league participation is on Thursday night. Team weigh in can be conducted at your home site by your team leader. Please have your team leader email me at jrvikingwrestling@gmail.com for the details.

If for some reason you have failed to get your entry in it is not too late. We are accepting new entries this week. This event is looking to be very competitive and is a great opportunity for you to get some live matches incorporated into your summer training schedule without having to travel to far to get it accomplished.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #206700 06/07/12 01:18 PM
M
OP Offline
M
We have roughly 80 participants! I am still going through all of the entries getting them organized but I will try to post a list of names later today. If you did a home site weigh in last night and have not reported those weights to me please have your team leader email the weigh in sheet to jrvikingwrestling@gmail.com. If you have not weight in, you can do so tonight at the event site (Seaman Middle School) from 4:30-5:30. All participants must check in NLT 5:30 tonight so we can account for who is present. We hope to blow the first whistle by 6:00pm. If you have not paid the registration fee or reported your USAW card number…be prepared to do so tonight before you wrestle you first match. If you do not have a USAW card yet we will take care of that tonight. The USAW Card fee is $35. Thank you to all who have signed up to participate!

Mark Stanley
785/224-5161

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #206777 06/08/12 11:39 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I want to thank everyone who attended last night. It was a great night. I am working to ensure we have a third mat laid down next week in our multi-purpose room to help shorten the night a little. The only negative that I came away with is that we went about 90 minutes too long. I hope we can shave 20 minutes of the front end and I think the third circle will take care of the remainder of the extra time. It will be our concentrated effort this week to get you guys out of the gym next week as close to 9:00pm as possible. Thanks for hanging with us last night. I will also get a meal item added to our concession stand. Next week it will be pizza and if we can pull it off we might BBQ on the last two nights of league. We enjoyed having so many talented wresters and their coaching/parental support spend their evening with us in Topeka. We will see you next week!

Mark Stanley
785/224-5161

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #207014 06/21/12 07:08 PM
M
OP Offline
M
We are in the process of setting up for night #3 of the TOP City Summer League. I would like to remind everyone to please send me an accounting of who is coming tonight from your team rosters. Each wrestler needs to check in with myself at the head table when they arrive.

We have had some great competition! We have over 90 registered athletes. 81 wrestled on June 7 and roughly 67 took to the mat on June 14. I am looking to get close to full participation tonight. Thank you to all who have chosen to make this event part of your summer training regimen. We look forward to seeing you all tonight.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #207103 06/29/12 11:53 AM
E
effwhyeye Offline
E
I would like to thank Mark and his crew for all of the hard work they put in to make this opportunity happen. It was a great experience and I know all of the boys benefitted from it.

Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Thanks Mark!

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: effwhyeye] #207104 06/29/12 04:06 PM
L
lakemats Offline
L
Absolutely agree! Mark and the Seaman Wrestling Family put together a fantastic event. The awards were a nice touch. Medals to the winning team and plaques for the 10 wrestlers named to the All League Team and the over all Outstanding Wrestler. I'll let mark post complete results but off the top of my head the All League team looked something like this:
Damian Gay Seaman Senior
Tyler Price Holton 8th
Alex Cavanaugh Silver Lake Frosh
Levi Huneke Sabetha Senior
Tanner Ogden Royal Valley Senior
Khamin Crow Seaman Soph
Willy Diekman Effingham ACCHS Soph
Logan Bowen Effingham ACCHS Soph
Andrew Rieshick Holton Senior
Hunter Price Holton Senior

Outstanding Wrestler: Hunter Price Holton
Holton won the Team Competition.

Thanks Mark and coach Kelly for offering a great wrestling opportunity for North East Kansas wrestlers. I only expect this event to grow in the future.

Tim Horgan
Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: lakemats] #207105 06/29/12 05:02 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Originally Posted By: lakemats
Absolutely agree! Mark and the Seaman Wrestling Family put together a fantastic event. The awards were a nice touch. Medals to the winning team and plaques for the 10 wrestlers named to the All League Team and the over all Outstanding Wrestler. I'll let mark post complete results but off the top of my head the All League team looked something like this:
Damian Gay Seaman Senior
Tyler Price Holton 8th
Alex Cavanaugh Silver Lake Frosh
Levi Huneke Sabetha Senior
Tanner Ogden Royal Valley Senior
Khamin Crow Seaman Soph
Willy Diekman Effingham ACCHS Soph
Logan Bowen Effingham ACCHS Soph
Andrew Rieshick Holton Senior
Hunter Price Holton Senior

Outstanding Wrestler: Hunter Price Holton
Holton won the Team Competition.

Thanks Mark and coach Kelly for offering a great wrestling opportunity for North East Kansas wrestlers. I only expect this event to grow in the future.

Crow going to Seaman next year?

Enlighten Me!
Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Enetophobic] #207106 06/29/12 05:42 PM
crowdad Offline
Yes he is.

Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: crowdad] #207121 07/01/12 12:30 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Team Fired Up from Holton Again Wins TOP City Summer Wrestling League Title

The TOP City Wrestling League wrapped up the fourth and final night of competition on June 28. The TOP City Summer Wrestling League was open to wrestlers entering grades 8-12 and was hosted in the air-conditioned confines of Seaman Middle School each Thursday evening in June on three full-sized mats. Competing in the 2012 TOP City Summer Wrestling League were 88 wrestlers representing 14 teams from ten area high schools including Holton, Sliver Lake, Seaman, ACCHS, Royal Valley, Clay County, Lansing, Washburn Rural, Topeka West, and Sabetha. Over the course of the four nights 445 matches were wrestled.

For the second year in a row, a team from Holton won top honors in the TOP City Summer Wrestling League. Team “Fired Up” ran away with the title in a competitive field that included 14 teams and nearly ninety individual entries.

In addition to the team title, an All-League Team was selected by coaches and team leaders involved. The 2012 team includes; Daemeion Gay (Seaman), Tyler Price (Holton), Hunter Price (Holton), Levi Huneke (Sebetha), Tanner Ogden (Royal Valley), Khamin Crow (Seaman), Willy Diekman (ACCHS), Andrew Rieshick (Holton), Logan Bowan (ACCHS) and Alex Cavanaugh (Silver Lake).

Hunter Price was named Outstanding Wrestler. Hunter was a unanimous selection to the All-League team! He finished league with a 15-0 record and scored 91.8 points for team Fired Up. A complete copy of individual records and team points was sent to Mike Juby today for posting on the results tab of this site. I would like to thank all those who attended and send out a special thanks to all of the volunteers that helped make this event possible. Please email me any suggestions that you have that will help make this event bigger and better next year!

The league served as an opportunity for area wrestlers to develop their skills and compete against quality competition in the off-season. The league also served as preparation for the upcoming Sunflower State Games competition, which will be held at Seaman High School on July 14th. Registrations for the SSG must be completed by July 6th through the website www.trackwrestling.com or through the Sunflower State Games site, www.sunflowergames.com. Additionally, Seaman will host a camp conducted by members of the 2012 NCAA Div. II National Championship team, the University of Nebraska at Kearney on July 11-13. A registration form can be obtained from the Seaman Wrestling website, www.usd345.com/wrestling

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 07/01/12 03:32 PM.
Re: TOP City Summer Wrestling League [Re: Mark J Stanley] #207129 07/02/12 01:04 PM
M
OP Offline
M

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 187 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)