Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
College Wrestling Fund - Donation #203301 03/12/12 06:27 PM
D
DawgHouse Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I work for a copmany that has a Dollars for Hours program and I would like to donate the $300.00 to the college wrestling fund on behalf of the Rossville Wrestling Club.

I need the address to mail the form to - can someone provide me this? Form needs to be completed by the executive director.

Thanks.
Shari Gentry

Re: College Wrestling Fund - Donation [Re: DawgHouse] #203310 03/12/12 07:13 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: DawgHouse
I work for a copmany that has a Dollars for Hours program and I would like to donate the $300.00 to the college wrestling fund on behalf of the Rossville Wrestling Club.

I need the address to mail the form to - can someone provide me this? Form needs to be completed by the executive director.

Thanks.
Shari Gentry

Shari:

That is great. It is sort of timely too, in that it was almost exactly a year ago that UNO won the NCAA Division II National Wrestling Championship and then dropped the program that very night. The UNO Athletic Director informed the UNO coach of the decision just after he congratulated him for winning another National Title.

This action by the UNO Athletic Department caused national outrage in the wrestling community. A group of us in Kansas decided we needed to be proactive in Kansas to prevent this from happening at our Kansas colleges. We began to work a year ago to form the Kansas College Wrestling Fund with the USAW-KS organization. We now have the Kansas College Wrestling Fund up and operating. Hopefully it will be in operation for a very long time and will help college wrestling prosper and grow in Kansas which will help Kansas wrestling at all levels from Kids thru High School and College. It will also help many young wrestlers further their academic and wrestling careers.

I know everyone appreciates your support. Below is the information you need on where to send the check and the correct payee information.

Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: College Wrestling Fund - Donation [Re: DawgHouse] #203314 03/12/12 07:33 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Shari,

If your executive director would like to see a form that the Kansas College Wrestling Fund has for donations and that will show some more detailed information on the USAW-KS Kansas College Wrestling Fund, send me a private message on this forum with your e-mail address and I will forward that document to you.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: College Wrestling Fund - Donation [Re: Husker Fan] #203356 03/13/12 12:09 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S

HOW YOU CAN HELP!

In order for this fund to be effective we are going to need a statewide effort. If anyone knows of a business or individual that would like to help this cause and can use a tax write-off please forward the information on to those individuals. If every club and or high school team could set a goal and raise $100-$250 for this fund - our collegiate state programs will be much stronger. In Kansas we have over 400 teams/clubs between high schools and club teams. It is one of the KCWF goals for all our athletes to obtain a College or Vocational Technical College Degree. The kids, young men and women wrestling today will be coaches for future generations. This is a forever fund - LONG AFTER WE are GONE. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

KCWF Committee

PRESS RELEASE - KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND

USA Wrestling-Kansas Inc. - Kansas College Wrestling Fund (KCWF)

7208 Magnolia Way

Hutchinson, KS 67502-9380

MISSION STATEMENT OF KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND:

It is the mission of the Kansas College Wrestling Fund to provide financial support for Kansas colleges and universities with active college wrestling programs. This financial support to Kansas colleges and universities will help provide wrestling, academic and eventual career opportunities for student athlete wrestlers in the State of Kansas.

Individual and corporate donor annual gifting levels:

Platinum Level-$5,000 and above

Gold Level-$2,000 to $5,000

Silver Level-$500-$1,999

Bronze Level-$1-$499

Checks should be made out to: USAW - Kansas College Wrestling Fund

Tax ID – Number 48-0981221 501 c (3) exemption

Thank you for your support of the Kansas College Wrestling Fund

Where to send checks:

USA Wrestling-Kansas Inc. - Kansas College Wrestling Fund (KCWF)

7208 Magnolia Way

Hutchinson, KS 67502-9380

Kansas College Wrestling Fund Committee: Please call or e-mail if you have any questions.

Sean McCarthy – Chairman (913) 579-1835 – cell, e-mail - smokeycabin@hotmail.com

Will Cokeley - Vice Chairman (708) 267-6615 – cell, e-mail – willcokeley@gmail.com

Bill Peterman – Secretary (913) 626-4459 – cell, e-mail – billpeterman@hotmail.com

USA Wrestling – Kansas Inc. – Treasurer (Mike Juby – e-mail – mikejuby@usawks.com)

Wayne Petterson – College Coach – (620) 431-2820 Extension 210 work, e-mail wpetterson@neosho.edu

Joe Renfro – College Coach – (620) 717-3196, e-mail joer@labette.edu

Ryan Smith – College Coach – (316) 617-9025, e-mail smithry@newmanu.edu

Steve Woody – USAWKS – Corporate Board Director (District IV Director) (785) 626-3309, e-mail stripes@ruraltel.net

Travis Keal – Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association President (913) 645-6050 – cell, e-mail tkeal@att.net

Jeff Butler – Wrestling Supporter (808) 230-1371 – cell, e-mail jrod400@aol.com

Dan Harris - Dan.Harris@bakeru.edu

Kansas College and University
Wrestling Teams

Baker University
Benedictine College
Bethany College
Fort Hays State University
Newman University
Colby Community College
Labette Community College
Neosho Community College
Northwest Kansas Technical College
Pratt Community College

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)