Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: doug747] #209024 11/02/12 05:51 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: doug747
Off the top of my head for Andale:
Pratt
Clay Center
Tulsa Union
Bobcat
Garden City
Rose Hill
Bishop Carroll
4A Regional (which X man will point out isn't as tough as 5a or 6a)
4A State (which X man will point out isn't as tough as 5a or 6a)

Oh, wait, if Goddard is 4a this year, 4a will be the toughest........

Doug
ps been a while since I posted, figured I might try to get Coach X's blood pressure up.........

So, what's with this doug747?

Sorry for the belated response doug747. I have been reassigned at work and I have more responsibilities now which has caused me to become disconnected somewhat with good old usawks.com. I am now finally starting to get caught up so I thought I would get reconnected so to speak. So I got on and started looking around and look what I found. Came across your comment/dig and of course was a little tickled and excited. I do know the really belated nature of any response makes it almost pointless, but I didn't want to let you down by not responding. You definitely deserve some kind of response doug747 because you are V.I.P., so here it is.

As for getting my blood pressure up doug747, you can forget about that. That ain't happening. I am way to busy to worry about your tickie tack comment, or anyone else's for that matter.

Of course doug747 you know that I never said that 5A or 6A were tougher than 4A, just that they are as tough for sure. I will never conceed that 4A is tougher, that is really for sure. Maybe it used to be back in the day, but certainly not now. Anybody that still thinks that is clearly living in the past and needs to get out of denial. Chief's rankings verify that. They are equally tough and it really depends on the year and the weight. Of course a combined 5A/6A class would be much tougher than 4A and would be ridiculously unfair, even though life is not supposed to be fair right.

If Goddard were in 4A doug747 that would not necessarily make it the toughest, but it would certainly be tougher. Now if Goddard, Ark City and Andover Central all went to 4A, then it would be the toughest. But they are all in 5A, so you can figure that out. Plus with St. Thomas, St. James and Newton in 5A, it's pretty much a no brainer. And plus now with St. James in 5A, Will C. will probably conceed finally that 4A is not the toughest, but we'll see I guess.

Hey though doug747, have a great day and a great season! Best wishes to you and your family!

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: Cokeley] #209121 11/07/12 12:19 PM
C. Morgan Offline
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: GregMann
The KSHSAA lists the following member schools as being Independent in 2011-12 (the new school directory is not yet available):

Hamilton,
Junction City-Saint Xavier,
Lawrence-Bishop Seabury Academy,
Lenexa-St. James Academy,
Olathe-Kansas School for the Deaf,
Powhattan-Kickapoo Nation,
Salina-St. John's Military Academy,
Shawnee-Marantha Academy,
Wichita-North East Magnet

If I have any input SJA will never belong to a league for wrestling. With the post season series in place what do we really need a league in any sport for? You can win regional, sub state, state? Who cares if you are "League Champion"? It is an antiquated and obsolete concept. A league does make the AD's job much easier, however...

+1!!! I think most ADs understand this but would rather hit the easy button in terms of doing "what we've always done."

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: XGHSWC] #209123 11/07/12 02:43 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
It's about time!!! 5A is ridiculous, to use one of your words......

4A overall not as tough as in years past, but team title will be wide open this year, as will 6A, IMO.

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: doug747] #209137 11/07/12 10:04 PM
ReDPloyd Offline

Doug,

If by ridiculous, you mean insane, unforgiving, brutal, sick, or down right nasty, then I will have to agree with you 110%.

Lee Girard
Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: doug747] #209138 11/07/12 10:19 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X

4A overall not as tough as in years past, but team title will be wide open this year, as will 6A, IMO.

Yes doug747, good use of "my" word.

I hope that perhaps we can begin to put to rest the ridiculous notion of combining 5A and 6A because if 5A is ridiculous by itself, then a combined 5A/6A class would be more than ridiculous and any notions of that go beyond ridiculous and become completely asinine.
You can use that word as well.

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: XGHSWC] #209140 11/08/12 12:29 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I hope you're not saying that I was one of those that says to combine them, cause I don't believe I ever said that. I would like for them to (and I don't know if I ever publicly said this either) do two regionals, and take top 8, so that we didn't leave any of the tough guys at home........Or should I say tougher guys. ALL wrestlers are tough, or they wouldn't step on the mat.

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: doug747] #209263 11/13/12 06:14 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
I hope you're not saying that I was one of those that says to combine them, cause I don't believe I ever said that. I would like for them to (and I don't know if I ever publicly said this either) do two regionals, and take top 8, so that we didn't leave any of the tough guys at home........Or should I say tougher guys. ALL wrestlers are tough, or they wouldn't step on the mat.

No my good friend I was certainly not suggesting that you were one who said combine them. I know good and well that you are more connected than that because you are V.I.P. doug747. I just thought that was a great opportunity for me to throw that out again.

Agree we should do 2 regionals with 8 each qualifying. That would avoid the whole weak regional thing and ensure we would have a better chance of making sure the best get there and that a tough or tougher guy was not left home.

Agree also that all wrestlers are tough, that is those that stay out and actually compete/step on the mat.

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: IamONEagle] #209284 11/14/12 04:38 PM
M
M.Church_AD Offline
M
Wichita Heights (Not toughest schedule in the state but pretty solid)

Valley Center Duals
Bishop Carroll Inv.
Derby Inv.
Newton Inv.
Junction City Inv.
GWAL Tourney
Regional Tourney
State Tourney

8 Mandatory League Duals

Re: Toughest Kansas HS schedule? [Re: M.Church_AD] #209976 12/07/12 09:57 PM
C
ColbyWatters133 Offline
C
Ark City High School

-Ark City Tournament
-Perry Tournament of Champions
-Kansas City Classic- this tournament is super tough
-Derby Tournament
-Newton TOC
-Garden City Tournament

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 143 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)