Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Eudora [Re: Kainisable] #210011 12/09/12 12:54 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Typical STA crying after the match. Congrats to STA on the tournament win. Their top notch recruiting class is sure paying off. Just think how tough they will be when they get this years top recruit (Dickman) in the line-up.

Re: Eudora [Re: Peanut1234] #210013 12/09/12 01:00 PM
S
Scooter Offline
S
Are the results posted with or without the points deduction?

Last edited by Scooter; 12/09/12 02:51 PM.
Re: Eudora [Re: Scooter] #210014 12/09/12 01:40 PM
K
Kit Harris Offline
K
Agreed with the comment about this being a great tournament, is every year. Lot of work by EHS adminstration, especially Ron Abel, runs a great meet, very competitive.

Ron expressed the tournament is two teams short and they would love to have any team interested in attending contact EHS for next season.

Your wrestlers can get 5 matches (if no byes) and 9 in two days if they make the bracket round and place 3rd thru 6th.

Lot of tough 4A schools there, and others from 321A, 6A, and 5A.

Re: Eudora [Re: Kainisable] #210028 12/09/12 07:18 PM
R
Rford Offline
R
I didn't see the match, but the rule classifies biting as flagrant misconduct so once its been determined that a bite happened the ref doesn't have the discretion to do anything but call it that way. There can be a question whether it was a bite or an abrasion caused by an open mouth and a hard cross face. And the rules are supposed to prevent blocking the airways. Since the penalty for biting is disqualification, the wrestler who is being cross-faced would be wise to keep his mouth closed, or turn his head. If the ref sees upper and lower teeth marks its usually going to be called a bite so "biter beware." If there is only one imprint (upper or lower) the call probably doesn't get made.

Unfortunate to lose a finals match that way, for sure.

Re: Eudora [Re: Rford] #210071 12/10/12 06:51 PM
badbo Offline
Since Bo was off this past weekend and being wrestling junkies we got the chance to go to Eudora to watch. Here are some random thoughts...

1. Bryce Shoemaker is a great kid, but he is for real if there were any doubts. One of the best HS matches I have seen in a long time. Isaac is excellent as well, but Bryce wrestled a great match. Does Baldwin ever get to see Fredonia anywhere?

2.Dieckman of ACCHS has gotten alot better and deserves to be listed (as he is now) on the All-Class rankings. Cole is tough as nails from Chanute at 126 as well.

3. Himpel of Tonganoxie is hard to wrestle and like or don't like the call in the finals, he is not one I would want to wrestle. (by the way just my two cents on the call...anyone can make a mistake, but Terry Hilton was reffing that match and he is in my opinion one of the top 2-3 refs in the state, if he says it was a flagrant bite, it probably was).

4. Jake Gerhing of Buhler looked nasty tough.

5. Lombotte is sick good!

6. Scott from Mill Valley is a very good and mature 106.

Some other very good kids at well there. 132 for Prairie View is a scrappy kid. I personally thought the Maize South kid was better, but Konizer showed me...and everybody else not to under estimate him.

It was fun. Great job Eudora!

Re: Eudora [Re: badbo] #210074 12/10/12 07:07 PM
R
RightCall Offline
R
I would've love to see some of the finals matches..138 especially. Anyone have video up?

"Don't complain, Wrestle."
Re: Eudora [Re: badbo] #210082 12/10/12 08:13 PM
airbornevetX2 Offline
Badbo,

Completely understand the wrestling junkie thing as mine graduated in May also but, unlike you and Bo, I'm NOT going to follow him to San Diego when he goes to boot camp for the Marines SO I went to Douglass this weekend and saw some awesome wrestling down there also!
We pulled up the Eudora results on the way home and were a little shocked at the 138 match as we thought Isaac was going 145 against Lambotte (which I would have paid to see also). Hope that Shoemaker/Dulgarian match shows up somewhere to view. Also, agree with you on Himpel / Konitzer / Cole as I've saw them fairly often in the past and can't wait to catch them this year. Tell BO I wish him a great season and hope to see you around the high school circuit this year.

Barry N. Pittman
bnpittman14@yahoo.com
785-217-5112
Re: Eudora [Re: airbornevetX2] #210086 12/10/12 11:09 PM
B
BDRan Offline
B
That 145 sounds like a barn-burner as well. Any video on any of these finals would be pretty sweet. Also, if anyone has video on the semis I'd like to see the Hoskins/ Huseman match.

Isaiah 6:8
Re: Eudora [Re: badbo] #210090 12/11/12 12:56 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: badbo
Since Bo was off this past weekend and being wrestling junkies we got the chance to go to Eudora to watch. Here are some random thoughts...

1. Bryce Shoemaker is a great kid, but he is for real if there were any doubts. One of the best HS matches I have seen in a long time. Isaac is excellent as well, but Bryce wrestled a great match. Does Baldwin ever get to see Fredonia anywhere?

2.Dieckmann of ACCHS has gotten alot better and deserves to be listed (as he is now) on the All-Class rankings. Cole is tough as nails from Chanute at 126 as well.

3. Himpel of Tonganoxie is hard to wrestle and like or don't like the call in the finals, he is not one I would want to wrestle. (by the way just my two cents on the call...anyone can make a mistake, but Terry Hilton was reffing that match and he is in my opinion one of the top 2-3 refs in the state, if he says it was a flagrant bite, it probably was).

4. Jake Gerhing of Buhler looked nasty tough.

5. Lombotte is sick good!

6. Scott from Mill Valley is a very good and mature 106.

Some other very good kids at well there. 132 for Prairie View is a scrappy kid. I personally thought the Maize South kid was better, but Konizer showed me...and everybody else not to under estimate him.

It was fun. Great job Eudora!

1. Shoemaker, he is a great young man and one heck of a wrestler. Dulgarian, yea he is a beast.

2. Dieckman and Cole, very solid wrestlers as well.

3. I have seen Himpel provide the surf and turf to an opponent that is very close to my heart. That is part of the sport as long as it is within the rules. Elbrader is a very good wrestler and I can't see him biting an opponent intentionally.

4. I am not familiar with thin gladiator, but he must be nasty tough if badbo says so.

5. Lombotte, yea he is a (sick) great wrestler.

6. Landon is a load at 106.

Konitzer has been good for a long time and continues to show that he belongs among the best.

Last edited by ReDPloyd; 12/11/12 12:58 AM.

Lee Girard
Re: Eudora [Re: ReDPloyd] #210095 12/11/12 12:05 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Can someone provide a summary or at least the final score of the 138 pound final?

I know someone mentioned the results were on the KWCA site - but I could not find them there. Anyone got some directions on how to find the results there?

Thank you.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Eudora [Re: Dean Welsh] #210096 12/11/12 12:23 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
I find some details on the 138 pound final (see below). Can someone still tell me how to find results on the KWCA website? Thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leading the way was senior Bryce Shoemaker at 138lbs. He dominated his way into the finals with falls and tech falls. In the finals, he was paired against All-American and defending 5A state champion Isaac Dulgarian from St. Thomas Aquinas. The two exchanged attacks and counters throughout the match. Dulgarian scored a takedown on a duck under to take a one point lead. He lead until just before second period expired and Shoemaker scored a key escape. then in the third period Dulgarian scored again to take a one-point lead. Down by one, Shoemaker spent the third period working hard for the winning score. But it wasn’t until :10 remaining he finally came out on top of a scramble from his leg attack that resulted in a takedown and nearfall as time expired for a huge win in what was being talked about as one of, if not the, biggest matchups in the tournament. Shoemaker won by a final of 7-3 after all was said and done.

In the most recent “All-Class Rankings,” Dulgarian was ranked #1 and Shoemaker #3. Dulgarian, only a sophomore, has a chance to be a 4x state champion as he won the state title last year as a freshman.

Re: Eudora [Re: Dean Welsh] #210097 12/11/12 12:54 PM
M
MaizeSouthMom Offline
M
Dean -

Just click on the meets results tab on the KWCA website, click tournaments link, then the date of the tournament. See if these links work for you on the Eudora results.

1st day
http://www.kansaswrestling.org/images/docs/Results/13Tournament/eudrr.pdf

2nd day
http://www.kansaswrestling.org/images/docs/Results/13Tournament/eud.pdf

Re: Eudora [Re: MaizeSouthMom] #210106 12/11/12 06:04 PM
R
RightCall Offline
R
Thanks for that summary on th 138 Finals Dean!

"Don't complain, Wrestle."
Re: Eudora [Re: RightCall] #210112 12/11/12 09:14 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
I got lucky and stumbled a crossed it while googling, "Byce Shoemaker wrestler". Go GOOGLE!!!

MaizeSouthMom, thank you very much for the info. I utilized it and enjoyed it very much!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)