Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Outstanding Wrestler @ Tulsa #212049 01/21/13 03:57 AM
S
SHOOT Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I wanted to recognize Anthony Capul for being an OUTSTANDING wrestler at Tulsa Nationals this weekend. An outstanding wrestler isn't always the wrestler that pins everyone in his bracket in the least amount of time! I don't know Anthony from Adam. I did however watch many of his matches this weekend and noticed he sat right behind me in the stands. I watched Anthony outwrestling his opponent get caught & lose his match. This would have caused an explosion from most wrestlers but not Anthony! He acted no different than he acted on the matches before when he dominated his opponent. Not only did he maintain the image of a true champion on the mat but made his way back to the stands, placed his headphones back to their pre match position and focused on his next match. NO TEARS & NO EXCUSES! Anthony was a great example for the young Kansas wrestlers that I brought to Tulsa Nationals this year. Too many times we forget that these young men are supposed to learn LIFE lessons from sports! In this case maybe the OUTSTANDING WRESTLER didn't bring home the National Title but in my opinion he got something much more valuable from his time on the mat. I only found out when I got home that Anthony was the 2012 Tulsa Nationals Champoin & looking to repeat in 2013 which made the way he handled the loss even more amazing. Sorry to say I don't know how Anthony ended up in the tournament. I can say I am very optomistic about how Anthony will end up in life. I coach kids in hopes of creating young men like Anthony! Again I want to say I don't know Anthony & he doesn't know me but I will be looking for him at the STATE Tournament to shake his hand. Good Luck with the rest of your season Anthony!
Chris Misener
Parsons Wrestling Club

Re: Outstanding Wrestler @ Tulsa [Re: SHOOT] #212068 01/21/13 02:42 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
He knows his mama would turn him over her knee if he acted up........

wink

Re: Outstanding Wrestler @ Tulsa [Re: doug747] #212073 01/21/13 03:15 PM
N
NColtrane Offline
N
Thanks for the information, Chris. Too many times we see and hear about those that show bad sportmanship.

Winning with class can be easy, losing with class can come very hard to some, especially with high expectations.

Doug, more kids should have the fear of mom in them.

Re: Outstanding Wrestler @ Tulsa [Re: NColtrane] #212075 01/21/13 03:52 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I get a kick out of coaches and kids that are acting a fool during a tough match, whining, complaining, yelling at the ref for stalling, yelling at the other coach, etc., then when the match is over, and they end up winning, they want to shake everyone's hand and be buddies..........

LIke you said. Anyone can be a good sport when they win, it takes a man to be a good sport when you lose......

There are also a-holes out there that can't even win like a man. Huffing and puffing because they didn't beat a kid bad enough, or got scored on, or the ref was trying to screw them, or whatever. Punks

Hopefully as parents and coaches, we work hard to make sure our kids act like a man, win or lose.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)