Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214299 02/15/13 03:17 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: Beeson
She will be 1-1 at worst.

She will receive 2 Forfeits to the finals. Where is the victory?

She is on the front side. Her opponents are on the backside. She showed up to wrestle, they chose not to wrestle. She gets the victory. So she will be 2-1, if she loses, going to state with a winning record at regionals.

Side note. Chief and I are discussing this via text. Im just highlighting some of my points.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/15/13 03:18 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214300 02/15/13 03:37 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The standing criteria that I have always seen is if the whistle blows to start a match, it counts on your record. If a wrestler weighs in then gets sick and goes home. He does not receive two losses on his record.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214301 02/15/13 03:53 PM
S
Scooter Offline
S
The standing criteria that I have always seen is if the whistle blows to start a match, it counts on your record. If a wrestler weighs in then gets sick and goes home. He does not receive two losses on his record.

FORFEIT—In a dual match, a forfeit is received by a wrestler when his opponent, for any reason, fails to appear for the
match. In order to receive the forfeit, the wrestler must have made weight, be dressed in a wrestling uniform, and appear on the mat.

In a tournament situation, once a wrestler has made weight and appears on the bracket, if for any reason he fails to appear for a match, it is a forfeit. In order to receive the forfeit, his opponent shall have made weight, be dressed in a legal wrestling uniform and shall appear on the mat. A forfeit shall eliminate a contestant from further competition in a tournament.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Scooter] #214302 02/15/13 03:55 PM
S
Scooter Offline
S
EXCEPTION: When the forfeit is because of an injury or illness which occurred during the tournament, the tournament
director, in consultation with available medical personnel and the coach of the injured contestant shall determine
the contestant’s ability to continue. Extenuating circumstances concerning the injury or illness as it relates to default or
forfeit for scoring purposes, shall be considered by the tournament director. A competitor who is injured in a match and
because of this injury is unable to compete in his next match is not to be denied the opportunity to place in a tournament
and score points for his team (refer to Rule 10-2-4, NFHS Rule Book). Therefore, if the injured wrestler is allowed by the
tournament manager an opportunity to place by forfeit, he does not need to appear on the mat. (Refer to NFHS Casebook
Situation 10.2.4 and 10.2.5.)

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214303 02/15/13 03:57 PM
Beeson Offline

But both of these wrestlers will wrestle on the backside later in the day. A wrestler cant pick and choose who they will wrestle to keep their record pristine. A wrestler cant take 3rd and be undefeated just because they refused to wrestle the 1st or 2nd place wrestler.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Scooter] #214304 02/15/13 04:00 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Scooter

FORFEIT—In a dual match, a forfeit is received by a wrestler when his opponent, for any reason, fails to appear for the
match. In order to receive the forfeit, the wrestler must have made weight, be dressed in a wrestling uniform, and appear on the mat.

In a tournament situation, once a wrestler has made weight and appears on the bracket, if for any reason he fails to appear for a match, it is a forfeit. In order to receive the forfeit, his opponent shall have made weight, be dressed in a legal wrestling uniform and shall appear on the mat. A forfeit shall eliminate a contestant from further competition in a tournament.

Having said that, I have never seen a wrestler who is sick or does not appear for a match, record both that match and the match on the backside as losses on their record. Nor should the wrestler receiving the forfeit count that as a win on their record. There are several in the current rankings who rightfully have not.

Eric Johnson

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214305 02/15/13 04:07 PM
Beeson Offline
BUT they are NOT sick, they are just refusing to wrestle the opponent placed before them. Therefore a loss.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214306 02/15/13 04:08 PM
C
OP Offline
C
BUT they are NOT sick, they are just refusing to wrestle the opponent placed before them. Therefore a loss.

What if they get sick?

Eric Johnson

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214307 02/15/13 04:16 PM
Beeson Offline

What if they get sick?

Then I would assume they would forfeit their second match also, therefor being eliminated.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Scooter] #214308 02/15/13 04:28 PM
J
Jeremy Molloy Offline
J

So if a wrestler FF on the front side they are automatically done and can't wrestle on the back side?

Jeremy Molloy
Derby Wrestling
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Jeremy Molloy] #214309 02/15/13 04:35 PM
G
Gable Fan Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Jeremy Molloy

So if a wrestler FF on the front side they are automatically done and can't wrestle on the back side?

I had the same question. That is certainly the way the rule quoted above reads . . .

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214311 02/15/13 04:45 PM
C
OP Offline
C

What if they get sick?

Then I would assume they would forfeit their second match also, therefor being eliminated.

Stomach ailments are many times short term.

Eric Johnson

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214312 02/15/13 04:48 PM
J
Jeremy Molloy Offline
J
If the rule quoted above is true it will not matter they are not going to be able to wrestle the back side and Beeson is correct. I am trying to find this rule but have not yet.

Jeremy Molloy
Derby Wrestling
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Chief Renegade] #214315 02/15/13 05:07 PM
B
BSD Offline
B
Are you suggesting the administrators, coaches and wrestlers of these Catholic schools will break one of the Ten Commandments for a wrestling tournament?

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: 3HSWrestler] #214318 02/15/13 06:39 PM
T
tking Offline
T
Keith - First, disagreeing is far from disrespecting. Secondly, I actually have three daughters all if which would be more then tough enough to be successful wrestling, but I do not feel like it is correct to allow them. So If they wanted to I would say no. But they agree with my values. Is in my opinion that to teach boys to respect girls and women it does not go hand hand to have then wrestle girls. I strongly feel that it is not positive for the sport, case in point look at all the negative it has caused. All the people out there looking down at our great sport. Lastly I too have been around the sport for a long time, stepped on the mat 38 years ago as a 4 year old, so it isn't my rodeo either sir.

Tim King

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: BSD] #214319 02/15/13 06:46 PM
S
Scooter Offline
S
http://www.kshsaa.org/Publications/Wrestling.pdf

They can wrestle on the backside with exception by the tournament director which will happen.

It counts as a win, does not count as a loss.

Last edited by Scooter; 02/15/13 06:58 PM.
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Scooter] #214321 02/15/13 07:24 PM
Beeson Offline
So she could go 3-0 and take First or 2-1 and take Second. Third place would be 2-0? Ridiculous, if there is a winner there is a loser. How can there be a winner without a loser? Wait for it....EVERYBODY IS A WINNER. I knew that America was working towards that, but didn't think there was anyway,logically, that it could happen. But leave it to KSHSAA, just write it in the rule books that EVERYBODY IS A WINNER. Biggest LOAD OF CRAP I have ever heard.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214322 02/15/13 07:33 PM
badbo Offline
Beeson is my Hero!!! Tell it like it is.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Scooter] #214323 02/15/13 07:37 PM
B
BSD Offline
B
I see no exception for religious beliefs only for injury and sickness.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: tking] #214324 02/15/13 07:38 PM
3HSWrestler Offline
Tim-First off, I'm sorry if you feel that I was questioning your experince in this sport. It obviously hit a soft spot as seen by your "rodeo" comment. I simply was saying in the time I've spent around the sport I've tried to respect the opponent across the mat as a wrestler not as a certain gender or race. Secondly, it's not always the disagreement part that can be construed as disrespectful, it's the context of the argument. I personally respect your decision that you would refuse to let your daughters wrestle...and I have know doubt they are tough enough to compete. I just don't agree with that philosophy as a parent to restrict my child from participating in something that she is well within her rights to participate. Now how would I feel about it? I don't know because it hasn't been presented to me. I would like to think I would be 100% accepting and supportive...but I know for a fact I wouldn't just be hardline and say she couldn't. But that's MY philosophy as a parent...just because I don't agree with others ways, doesn't mean I can't respect their views. To me, the negativity that has come to light isn't caused by the fact that girls are allowed to wrestle...it's been caused by a non-wrestling governing body restricting someone from competing. But like I said, just because I don't agree with that view...doesn't mean I don't respect it.

Keith Heniss

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 141 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,940
Posts250,372
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)