Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214501 02/17/13 05:00 AM
Bender Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: Bender
No one is crying conspiracy theory. What this Idiot, a@@hole, bozo, "R" knows is that their is someone to blame, and no one wants to do it so I will. The person to blame is The Church. I did a little research and STA and SJA have been wrestling girls for several years. It wasn't till recently that this rule was changed. The rule was not in effect at the beginning of the year. And THE ALL POWERFUL CHURCH made this change at mid-season. The Church is the one that put these parents, kids, administration, and KSHAA in this spot. The Church is a Bully! KSHAA cant do anything about the SJA and STA not following the rules. If they throw them out or make them follow the rules, then KSHAA will be sued on basis of Religion.

I feel the best option would be for these parents to take their children to a school, public or private that will allow them to participate fully as members of KSHSAA.

Last point, for those worried about this bozo, idiot, a@@hole getting his free lunch. At least post your name. I have.

So no one is crying conspiracies, but you have a "theory" about how the "The Church" conspires against KSHSAA, parents, etc.

Now your just wanting to argue. I don't think that The Church is conspiring against anyone. I think some idiot in charge, made a hasty decision and nobody has the stones to stand up to him. Look at me, calling names now. Late night posting brings out the worst in all of us. I do think it is Ridiculous that The Church has such control of The State. Maybe someone should sue the church for discrimination of women.

I am not "wanting to argue", I just do not think this is the case for this point. I agree it was a hasty decision, and that makes it just some decision made without all of the knowledge. I think that you are making leaps from an isolated incident to gripe at a much bigger issue you have with the church. These other issues, probably do not belong here, and posting them on this forum is not going to bring about any real action.

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214502 02/17/13 05:14 AM
Beeson Offline
I have no issue's with The Church, negative or positive, besides what has transpired over the last couple days. I just call it like I see it. The kids signed on being able to participate, and half way through the season were told they could not. Two wrestlers missed the opportunity to battle for a true placing at Regionals and a trip to State. Two wrestlers were forced to add a loss to their record. Public Schools were upset because, in their opinion, once again Private Schools do not have to follow the same rules. These are just a few of the problems that the "Man" in charge has created. And if anyone speaks ill of the church they will be punished? Defend him if you want, but this man has hurt this sport, the wrestlers, the coaches, the parents, and public opinion. Something needs to be done so this does not happen again. I can think of at least 6 kids that were hurt from this decision, and that is 6 too many.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214503 02/17/13 05:16 AM
C
cmonman Offline
C
Gooch, you are a tremendous wrestler. It sucks you were put in that spot. However, there is another kid who is not going to state because of a rule from a school he does not attend. You know what it takes to step on the mat. For him today was probably one of the worst days of his life.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214505 02/17/13 05:28 AM
Bender Offline
I have no issue's with The Church, negative or positive, besides what has transpired over the last couple days. I just call it like I see it. The kids signed on being able to participate, and half way through the season were told they could not. Two wrestlers missed the opportunity to battle for a true placing at Regionals and a trip to State. Two wrestlers were forced to add a loss to their record. Public Schools were upset because, in their opinion, once again Private Schools do not have to follow the same rules. These are just a few of the problems that the "Man" in charge has created. And if anyone speaks ill of the church they will be punished? Defend him if you want, but this man has hurt this sport, the wrestlers, the coaches, the parents, and public opinion. Something needs to be done so this does not happen again. I can think of at least 6 kids that were hurt from this decision, and that is 6 too many.

I am almost positive that SJA and STA have not been able to wrestle girls for a long time, it was just that at regionals, some superiors from their schools were there, or something of that nature. That is sort of irrelevant now though. I am not defending the person in charge, the rule, or anything like that. I am trying to explain how the rules are not different for public and private. If a kid from a public school had to wrestle a girl, and he, his parents, his coaches, or anyone supervising him made the decision to not have him not wrestle the girl, he would have done the same thing as the kids in question today, and then been able to wrestle on the backside. I understand that this scenario is different, thus the only response to this should be, change the rule, allow the boys the option to compete, but I have seen numerous complaints of how people are trying to spin this into how evil private schools have their own agenda of destruction, or that the church has too much power over the state. These ideas, arguments, theories, are insane. This is a very simple problem that has a simple solution. If anyone felt marginalized by this decision, that is life, sometimes people make decisions for you and they have consequences. People have to quit making this out to be some sort of crazy deal. This man just needs to change the rule.

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214507 02/17/13 05:42 AM
D
doinasipleaz Offline
D
Hello. I looked up the schools in which this involves. Maur Hill of Atchison is one. They wrestled a girl today. So what will happen? They obviously didnt follow the rule. My point is, if nothing happens to them, why dont you all just wrestle the matches? Look into it

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Bender] #214508 02/17/13 05:42 AM
Beeson Offline
This man just needs to change the rule.

That is all I want. Well it would be nice if everyone had to play by the same rules.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Beeson] #214510 02/17/13 06:13 AM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
This man just needs to change the rule.

That is all I want. Well it would be nice if everyone had to play by the same rules.

That's all everyone wants.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: rccokeley] #214529 02/17/13 12:35 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Cokeley.....you make me laugh with your personal attacks. Watching you prance into the gym yesterday, I final got it. it's all about you and making sure everyone knows who you are. You are that sports parent that everyone sits back and laughs at. You need to be the center of attention. You have talented boys. (On a side note, very nice win yesterday by you son). Do them, SJA and the rest of the wrestling community a favor. Take your seat in the stands, sit down and shut the hell up. Parents are not suppose to be the show.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214532 02/17/13 01:07 PM
Cokeley Offline
I applaud Chad Beeson for putting his name behind his comments and opinions. On this forum, that means everything. He is a man not a coward. At the end of the day no one is getting paid or not paid because of this forum. It is just our little wrestling soap opera. Tremendous respect to all of those with a real name and nothing to those who choose to hide behind an alias.

Yesterday is over. Lets move on to next week's hot topics!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214533 02/17/13 01:21 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Peanut1234
Cokeley.....you make me laugh with your personal attacks. Watching you prance into the gym yesterday, I final got it. it's all about you and making sure everyone knows who you are. You are that sports parent that everyone sits back and laughs at. You need to be the center of attention. You have talented boys. (On a side note, very nice win yesterday by you son). Do them, SJA and the rest of the wrestling community a favor. Take your seat in the stands, sit down and shut the hell up. Parents are not suppose to be the show.

I am a 'sports parent' and a fan of wrestling for about 40 years. I have visited face to face with Mr. Cokeley. I enjoyed our visit. I appreciate his passion for our sport. Some just talk. Some just 'do'. Some do both. Will does both. He has probably done more positive things for the sport of wrestling in one month than 'Mr. Peanut' has done his whole life.

Keep standing up Will (like I would need to tell Will that)! Keep speaking the truth. The sport (any sport) needs promoters and supporters like Will.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Cokeley] #214535 02/17/13 01:28 PM
J. Dale Offline
Peanut, what does I final got it mean? Is that a term or did you get your little self so worked up trying to get big bad Will that your brain (peanut) and fingers were tripping over themselves. Not putting your name is as cowardly as the head of KSHSAA being scared to test for PED. Go to the wizard and get some courage, then put your name to it you cowardly lion.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: J. Dale] #214537 02/17/13 01:36 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Whoops. You got me....spelling error. Dale....thank you for your thoughts. Since your name is on it I will take it to heart. I do not want to be in the spot light and in turn see no need for you or Will to know who I am.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214539 02/17/13 01:40 PM
B
back in the day Offline
B
Did you qualify for state peanut?

The older I get the better I was!
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214541 02/17/13 01:41 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Peanut1234
Whoops. You got me....spelling error. Dale....thank you for your thoughts. Since your name is on it I will take it to heart. I do not want to be in the spot light and in turn see no need for you or Will to know who I am.

A person putting their real name on a post has nothing to do with wanting to be "in the spot light".

It has to do with honesty, integrity, creditability and accountability.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Dean Welsh] #214542 02/17/13 01:43 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Thank you Dean Welsh for your input

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214544 02/17/13 01:44 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
No problem Peanut. Take care.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: back in the day] #214545 02/17/13 01:45 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Back in the day.....did I go to state? Not sure why that would matter, but yes.

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Dean Welsh] #214546 02/17/13 01:47 PM
J. Dale Offline
No problem coward. What does nice win for you son mean. If you have or are getting an education I would consider getting a lawyer and sueing them.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: J. Dale] #214547 02/17/13 01:50 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
Since you put your name on it, I will take your advice. Do you know a good attorney?

Re: Catholic Boy Wrestlers may have to forfeit... [Re: Peanut1234] #214550 02/17/13 01:55 PM
H
houndpower Offline
H
Does the church just ban boys from wrestling girls or does this apply to all sports? Can they tackle a girl on the football field?

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)