Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Gracy] #214967 02/19/13 03:47 AM
U
U My Boy Blue Offline
U
Originally Posted By: Gracy
Oh and by the way...She beat the 4th place qualifier at 106 from SMS 3 weeks ago.

First off want to say congrats to your daughter for qualifying for the state tournament! And coach Keal is a hell of a guy, with dedicated assistants, that run a top notch wrestling program. I use to coach, one of his assistant coaches, that came up through the same kids club my boys did way back when, and I have nothing for respect for coach Keal and Mill Valley wrestling. In fact I have a daughter that is a freshman, that attends Mill Valley, while my youngest son is a senior at Shawnee Mission South this year. I have been around the sport for years being that both my boys started wrestling when they were 4 and 5 years old. I have no problem with girls wrestling, both of my sons have wrestled girls in kids club throughout there career. You should be proud of your daughter for all her accomplishments and for sticking with what I believe is the toughest sport on the planet!!

Anyway just wanted to comment on an earlier post about your daughter wrestling and beating our 106 pounder at a JV tournament a few weeks ago. Not taking anything away from your daughter, but the boy we had had at 106 is a first year wrestler, and had been wrestling JV most of the year. JoJo is a scrappy hard nose kid, but he only has 1 full yr of wrestling experience, our 113 pounder on the other hand has several more years of wrestling experience, and has been wrestling varsity all year, so they are not the same kid. I was not at the JV tournament they wrestled at but I was told by one of my fellow coaches the our 106 pounder was winning that match by a good margin before he got head locked and pinned in the 3rd period. Again not taking anything away from your daughter, but our 113 pounder, is quite a bit better then our 106 pounder. I just wish Zach would have had the same opportunity to qualify as everyone else, he is a good kid, and he works his but off every day, he was just dealt the short end of the stick! I know it's not your, nor your daughters fault, that's just the way the chips fell, but something needs to be done in the future so everyone is given the same opportunity to go to state!

But good luck this weekend in wichita, and maybe we will cross paths and meet in person. Heck I will even buy you a cold one! Lol, take care!!

Walt Humphrey

Old School Wrestling "You My Boy Blue"
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #214983 02/19/13 01:05 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
You are not getting it. I am saying that some kids' parents allow their kids to quit something when things don't go their way. I am saying that some parents do not understand that it is a marathon, not a sprint. I am saying that some kids that kid their butts kicked at 6u, 8u, etc. are allowed to quit, instead of sticking it out.

YOu are not good at reading sarcasm

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: sportsfan02] #214985 02/19/13 01:15 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
This King of the Hill post was spot on.

And that is probably a better picture of one of my positions on why I don't want my daughters wrestling boys: The boy has nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

I have some pretty tough daughters, and I know they would hand out some a$$ whippings if they were wrestling. And I don't want to put a boy thru that, knowing that 99.9% of the time, by the time they hit high school, the boy is going to be the one kicking my daughters' butt.....

I dont' need a pat on the back for saving all of these boys from a butt kicking, but wrestling is tough enough for kids, without having to go thru that. Charlie Knox and Jairod Jonson are going to get mad at me for this: It is kind of like my 6u and 8u kids getting headlocked. I have to sell them on the fact that 99.9% of the time, if my kid stays out, and keeps taking his lumps from these headlockers, by the time he is 10, 12, HS age, we are going to be kicking that headlocker's butt. Again, I said 99.9%............

If you guys want to be politically correct that is fine. I am not politically correct.

Read my 5 point plan above, and my position should be clear, crystal clear.

I didn't see anything in my 5 point plan that said everyone else has to follow my plan, so lay off.......

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: U My Boy Blue] #214987 02/19/13 01:24 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Walt, I am glad you posted this. You can join me in the "not politically correct" corner of the bar. I haven't drank in 20 years, but I will buy you a cold one.

It seems our PC world only wants to point out the facts that help prove the point of the person we are trying to protect, which in this case, is the girl. (and I am protecting her to the point of she showed up, and the other kids did not)

Again, I have no problem with her wrestling. I have a problem with the Archbishop telling his kids that they can't wrestle her, and screwing the SMS kid out of going to state.

Mr Gracy and his daughter did all that was asked of them. Showed up ready to wrestle, and two kids were not allowed to wrestle her. But for someone to make an assumption that she was going to make it anyway, and beat the SMS kid in the cons semis, had it turned out the way it probably would have, is reaching.

I am glad you pointed out that the SMS kid is the one that got shafted by the archbishop, and noone else. That FACT keeps getting passed over on this forum.......I will go as far as to say that the SMS kid's OPPORTUNITY to make it to state would have been much better, had he wrestled Ms. Gracy, instead of the Gooch kid. Please, tell me that noone is going to argue that........??!! And again, it was the fault of the Archbishop. Not the girl. Not the SJA kid. Not the STA kid. They simply used the rules available to them to keep their state title chases alive.

OK, hammer away again...........

Last edited by doug747; 02/19/13 01:30 PM.
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: doug747] #214989 02/19/13 01:31 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
And Jerry Dale's fart comments are funny. I don't care who ya are

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: doug747] #214994 02/19/13 02:17 PM
K
KevinP Offline
K
Mr. Gracy; I made a point to tell your daughter during the regionals tourney that I've heard that she is a good wrestler & that she should be proud of everything that she has done in this sport. I was worried that she'd feel any sort of blame with the Catholic school's stance. Our Aquinas wrestler had to forfeit, but that has ZERO responsibility of your daughter. She, just like every other accomplished wrestler, will enjoy much greater future successes as a direct result of her mental ability to get thru this ridiculously physically demanding sport.

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU & YOUR DAUGHTER.

Kevin Perz

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: KevinP] #214999 02/19/13 02:39 PM
C
cmonman Offline
C
Well said Mr. Perz. Good luck to your son this weekend.

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: doug747] #215005 02/19/13 03:19 PM
U
U My Boy Blue Offline
U
Originally Posted By: doug747
Walt, I am glad you posted this. You can join me in the "not politically correct" corner of the bar. I haven't drank in 20 years, but I will buy you a cold one.

It seems our PC world only wants to point out the facts that help prove the point of the person we are trying to protect, which in this case, is the girl. (and I am protecting her to the point of she showed up, and the other kids did not)

Again, I have no problem with her wrestling. I have a problem with the Archbishop telling his kids that they can't wrestle her, and screwing the SMS kid out of going to state.

Mr Gracy and his daughter did all that was asked of them. Showed up ready to wrestle, and two kids were not allowed to wrestle her. But for someone to make an assumption that she was going to make it anyway, and beat the SMS kid in the cons semis, had it turned out the way it probably would have, is reaching.

I am glad you pointed out that the SMS kid is the one that got shafted by the archbishop, and noone else. That FACT keeps getting passed over on this forum.......I will go as far as to say that the SMS kid's OPPORTUNITY to make it to state would have been much better, had he wrestled Ms. Gracy, instead of the Gooch kid. Please, tell me that noone is going to argue that........??!! And again, it was the fault of the Archbishop. Not the girl. Not the SJA kid. Not the STA kid. They simply used the rules available to them to keep their state title chases alive.

OK, hammer away again...........

Hey Doug, I agree with you on this point also, it's really not any of the kids fault!! They are just following the rules of the school which they choose to attend!! But the state does need to come up with a plan so this does not happen again!

Any way how are your boys doing, have not seen them in forever, tell them hello and take care. Hopefully I see you soon, for that cold one!

Walt Humphrey

Old School Wrestling "You My Boy Blue"
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: KevinP] #215063 02/19/13 09:09 PM
G
Gracy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: KevinP
Mr. Gracy; I made a point to tell your daughter during the regionals tourney that I've heard that she is a good wrestler & that she should be proud of everything that she has done in this sport. I was worried that she'd feel any sort of blame with the Catholic school's stance. Our Aquinas wrestler had to forfeit, but that has ZERO responsibility of your daughter. She, just like every other accomplished wrestler, will enjoy much greater future successes as a direct result of her mental ability to get thru this ridiculously physically demanding sport.

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU & YOUR DAUGHTER.

Kevin Perz

Thanks Kevin. She has handled all of this incredibly well for a 16 yr old. She is mentally strong and faces adversity well. She has no beef with any of the boys, coaches or schools. Neither does the rest of my family. We get it. Good luck to Aquinas at State!

Justin Gracy

Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: doug747] #215140 02/20/13 02:45 AM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
You are not getting it. I am saying that some kids' parents allow their kids to quit something when things don't go their way. I am saying that some parents do not understand that it is a marathon, not a sprint. I am saying that some kids that kid their butts kicked at 6u, 8u, etc. are allowed to quit, instead of sticking it out.

Doug,

I think it ironic that you didn't catch my sarcasm. And the funny thing is you kept at it. I hope it was sarcasm when you said you didn't mind your son being groped. I have to admit I don't get that sarcasm.

I also think its ironic how you keep changing your story. You have to remember your posts are history. You started out how bad it is when kids quit because they lose to a girl. Then it was changed to, kids have the option to quit when they lose to a girl. Now its kids are allowed to quit because they get their butt kicked at 6u and 8u. It evolves doesn'nt it. Anyway I'm glad to see in your posts that your man enough to admit your wrong and thats why you flip flopping your opinion.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215175 02/20/13 12:31 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Nothing changed. TO ME, it is sad that a kid is given the option of ever quitting, for any reason, but SOME kids are given that option by parents.........

If you want to talk about history, go back and find all of my posts about how cool it is, and how much of a lifelesson it is for all wrestlers to pay attention to, that Bradley Little went from getting his butt kicked (by everyone, probably girls also) until he hit high school, then goes on to be one of the best wrestlers in KS.......

My view NEVER changed, and I challenge you to show me where I haven't been consistent. And you misreading my posts doesn't count. And where I have used sarcasm doesn't count. Ask my parents what I keep telling them.....even the ones struggling to even win one match......"keep em out, they'll be fine, it doesn't count until HS"

Last edited by doug747; 02/20/13 12:34 PM.
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215183 02/20/13 01:09 PM
Ed Wilson Offline
Originally Posted By: fan of the sport

Doug,

I think it ironic that you didn't catch my sarcasm. And the funny thing is you kept at it. I hope it was sarcasm when you said you didn't mind your son being groped. I have to admit I don't get that sarcasm.

I also think its ironic how you keep changing your story. You have to remember your posts are history. You started out how bad it is when kids quit because they lose to a girl. Then it was changed to, kids have the option to quit when they lose to a girl. Now its kids are allowed to quit because they get their butt kicked at 6u and 8u. It evolves doesn'nt it. Anyway I'm glad to see in your posts that your man enough to admit your wrong and thats why you flip flopping your opinion.

Doug747 has never said that any wrestler should quit for any reason, he has always been consistent about that since the day I met him.

Did you see that Eckenbacherswartzendruber?

Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: doug747] #215189 02/20/13 01:35 PM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
Nothing changed. TO ME, it is sad that a kid is given the option of ever quitting, for any reason, but SOME kids are given that option by parents.........

If you want to talk about history, go back and find all of my posts about how cool it is, and how much of a lifelesson it is for all wrestlers to pay attention to, that Bradley Little went from getting his butt kicked (by everyone, probably girls also) until he hit high school, then goes on to be one of the best wrestlers in KS.......

My view NEVER changed, and I challenge you to show me where I haven't been consistent. And you misreading my posts doesn't count. And where I have used sarcasm doesn't count. Ask my parents what I keep telling them.....even the ones struggling to even win one match......"keep em out, they'll be fine, it doesn't count until HS"

Doug,

I was just throwing some sarcasm back at you. I'm sure you have always positively encouraged any wrestler to stay involved with the sport. I understand what your saying about parents giving kids an option to quit. I would word it from my parents perspective, kids always have the option to quit anything, but as a parent, I will encourage my kids to the fullest extent to stay involved with wrestling. And I think we both agree, that if a kid used the excuse of losing to a girl as a reason to quit, that this would be a very lame excuse.

Didn't mean to go hard on you, but you left your self open with the "groping" comments.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Ed Wilson] #215192 02/20/13 01:40 PM
Kale Mann Offline
On the way to Wichita & finally have a chance to catch up on some forum reading, what a strange place this has become! 1st as a former coach of both the young ladies who are on this topic (Kali & Donedidit-if she it's who i think it it's) they are as deserving as any wrestler i have coached in 15 years of a chance to compete, & more so than some. Because of a decision that was not made by then, or about then they have taken a lot of heat- that is unfair. "

Now regarding the SMS wrestler, or any wIrestler, who was possibly impacted by the decision off some wrestlers to inj def, i am sure that was a tough pill to swallow, but there are wrestlers all over the state who are deserving of going to state, but for whatever reason are sitting at home. My heart goes out to them as i have been there myself, but lets not take anything away from anyone who is going.

Good luck to all competitors this weekend, & Kali I'll be cheering for u!

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Kale Mann] #215197 02/20/13 02:07 PM
D
Donedidit Offline
D
Coach Mann, I wrestled in Newton. But you are right, I am awesome. (read with lots of over inflated ego for point of humor)

I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper, plans to not fail.
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Donedidit] #215200 02/20/13 02:29 PM
Kale Mann Offline
Ok, thought you might be a former Manhattan grad, but i am sure you were/are awesome. You are a wrestler, so how could that not be true!

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: From the Dad of "The Girl" [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215204 02/20/13 02:46 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
When it is being done to my daughter, by a guy, that bothers me. Old school here. There are lots of techniques that we teach that involve hands running across places that I don't want my daughters touched in.........

We can keep our heads buried in the sand about whether it is a "bigger, more upsetting deal" to lose to a girl than a boy, or we can be honest about it. I don't want my daughter to put a boy in that position. There are lots of other sports that I can make my daughter feel good about, and learn life lessons in. I know wrestling is the best for that, but noone is going to convince me that girls are not different......AGAIN, My position, doesn't have to be your position........

And correct, any excuse, other than medical, is a poor excuse to quit at anything until you are finished.

Except Jerry Dale finally quit smoking before it finished him......Which of course had unintended consequences. Now that he doesn't exhale as much, gases are being trapped inside his body, causing him to have some problems with an extraordinary amount of farts. The lack of repetitive motion of sticking cigarettes in his mouth, has caused him, in order to replace that repettive motion, to type "I farted" multiple times per day.......

Last edited by doug747; 02/20/13 02:46 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,383
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)