Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Back Side [Re: baldeagle3351] #215640 02/25/13 03:47 AM
S
Snackz15 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: baldeagle3351
Not controversial. The incident was not an accident. The athlete was taken from the mat on a stretcher. I don't believe Dulgarian intended to injure his opponent but I believe he intended to punish him and make him look silly. It back fired in a major way. He was beating his opponent easily when it occurred.

Here is the illegal slam that was called. I dont understand why you belive the intent was to make the kid look silly or punish him. I have no desire to embarrass a wrestler of lesser ability. I am simply wrestling, doing what I have trained to do. You can say It was not an accident.. but at the end of the day I show athletes of lesser ability more respect for at least trying.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eekNNmqswY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Re: Back Side [Re: Snackz15] #215644 02/25/13 04:05 AM
Enetophobic Offline
Didn't look terribly bad to me, however at the end of the day if you are outclassing a kid and it's this late in the season, why not just get the match over with and rest up for the next one? If it is an issue with "getting a workout to make weight later" which I have heard of kids doing that, then pin him fast and run for the next hour or 2.

In hindsight though...I think the other kid didn't know what to do when his arm was trapped so it got awkward. Watch a real good kid against a not so talented one....I have seen a lot of injuries to the better kid due to the awkwardness of the lesser skilled guy who may go the wrong way on a move.

Last edited by Enetophobic; 02/25/13 04:09 AM.

Enlighten Me!
Re: Back Side [Re: Enetophobic] #215646 02/25/13 04:23 AM
S
Snackz15 Offline
S
The reason for not getting the quick fall is for mat time. It may be late in the highschool season. But in my eyes there is almost 6 months of wrestling left in this season!
Your point on the injuries due to akwardness of different skill levels is very true

Re: Back Side [Re: Enetophobic] #215663 02/25/13 01:36 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
After reviewing the video, I honestly don’t see anything flagrant. This is very unfortunate for Isaac, as it is evident that he had no intention of injuring the other wrestler. I hope the Salina wrestler makes a full healthy recovery. And congratulations to Isaac, for keeping his focus after this and coming back through the bracket and placing 3rd.

Re: Back Side [Re: Snackz15] #215668 02/25/13 01:54 PM
C
CoachSlyter Offline
C
Well put Isaac. You handled that situation like a champion. This was very unfortunate for both wrestlers involved. Continue to set goals and try to achieve them, and continue to have fun with this sport. I think that is the overall goal. I know that Isaac was not trying to hurt anyone, I personally think that it was a iffy call at best. My little brother Sharky wrestled with the same goal as Isaac his sophomore year, to become the single season takedown record holder, and achieved it as well. He wanted to be the best wrestler on his feet ever in the state of Kansas. Isaac comes from the same mindset as Shark. This style of wrestling is not meant to embarrass anyone, just to improve every time you are on the mat, even at the state tournament. I know that this will be a minor setback to Isaac, who as most know has bigger goals than being a Kansas high school state champion. Isaac is going to be one of the best wrestlers ever to come out of Kansas, he is on a different level than 99% of the wrestlers in this state, sometimes that means setting goals different than most. Unfortunately, trying to do something that no one in the history of Kansas wrestling has ever achieved before cost him another goal, a chance at being a 4X champ. I know that a lot of people have said, “its state, you go out there and pin him”, I understand the point that you are trying to make, but some people want more. I am not trying to call anyone out or offend anyone, just defending a 16 yr old kid that I have known since he started this sport and my father coached in his younger years. He is a good kid, key word being kid, that handled this situation with humility and like a true champion and came back to get third. Congrats to him and his grandfather who also handled this very admirably. Looking forward to watching Isaac do great things this spring and summer.

Clint Slyter, Assistant Wrestling Coach Olathe North

Clint Slyter
Olathe North High School Assistant Coach
KCTC Coach
clint.slyter@gmail.com
Re: Back Side [Re: CoachSlyter] #215669 02/25/13 02:00 PM
T
Tommyboy Offline
T
Well said Clint !

Dan Gentzler

Re: Back Side [Re: Rford] #215670 02/25/13 02:06 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Rford
I assume that coaches, and wrestlers, know that the injured wrestler in these situations can forfeit the match? So long as the forfeit occurs prior to the expiration of the 2 minute recovery time, the injured wrestler can simply forfeit giving the other wrestler--the penalized wrestler--the win.

Wow. I can't believe that didn't happen here.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Back Side [Re: Chief Renegade] #215671 02/25/13 02:51 PM
T
Thunderrolz!! Offline
T
Dude, you can say whatever you want, but that is showboating, taking a guy down 10 times at a state tournament. Very unsportsmanlike. How would you like to be taken down 10 times?

Re: Back Side [Re: Chief Renegade] #215677 02/25/13 03:05 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: Rford
I assume that coaches, and wrestlers, know that the injured wrestler in these situations can forfeit the match? So long as the forfeit occurs prior to the expiration of the 2 minute recovery time, the injured wrestler can simply forfeit giving the other wrestler--the penalized wrestler--the win.

Wow. I can't believe that didn't happen here.

Having a hard time trying to see your reasoning here Chief.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Back Side [Re: Chief Renegade] #215681 02/25/13 03:19 PM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
[/quote] Wow. I can't believe that didn't happen here. [/quote]

I hope your being sarcastic. In reference to the Chiefs comments

Last edited by fan of the sport; 02/25/13 03:21 PM.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"
Re: Back Side [Re: Thunderrolz!!] #215684 02/25/13 03:30 PM
C
CoachSlyter Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Thunderrolz!!
Dude, you can say whatever you want, but that is showboating, taking a guy down 10 times at a state tournament. Very unsportsmanlike. How would you like to be taken down 10 times?

Well to be honest I would hate for that to happen, I think that might of actually happened to me in college. But I would also hate to be pinned in 10 seconds as well. Its not about what you opponent likes for you to do to them, i would have liked for all of my opponets to lose to me but that didnt happen, I took some beatings and tried to get better. What is unsportsman like about chasing a record? Is it unsportsmanlike to try to get the pin record, currently owned by Parker Madl with 40. No it was sport is about, great athletes want to achieve great things!!!

Clint Slyter
KCTC Coach
clint.slyter@gmail.com
Re: Back Side [Re: Thunderrolz!!] #215685 02/25/13 03:36 PM
L
L.Geyer Offline
L
If a guy can not work on his feet in a tournament setting at the state tournament where the best kids in the state are supposed to be, when is he supposed to do it. Are you saying do it at a small tournaments where a wrestler may not have any experience and have no idea what is going on.

And yes this happened to me in high school, and I did this to others in high school. When it happened to me it ticked me off, and made me work harder. Remember that not everything is fair in the world. If someone is that much better than you at something. It is time to start working harder. (I am saying this in general, and not implying the salina wrestler.) I am sure the salina wrestler works extremely hard as well, otherwise he would not have been at the state tournament.

Re: Back Side [Re: Snackz15] #215687 02/25/13 03:46 PM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Isaac dulgarian

Your point on the injuries due to akwardness of different skill levels is very true

Isaac,

I think thats a little arrogant to say the reason the kid got hurt because of difference of skill levels. Maybe you should brush up on your skill level on the rules about unnecessary roughness. I'm not saying this was unsportsmanlike as another poster mentioned, but it was obviously unnessecary, and the referee was spot on. Easy call. The first job of the referee is to protect the wrestlers, and thats why they have rules like this. I understand that you are protecting your rep on the unsportsmanlike allegation, but you're not going to come out smelling good if you complain about this call.

Just think about what happened to this kid, he lost his chance to continue to wrestle and place in the state tournament, he probalbly spent a lot of time in hospital this last weekend, still has a splitting headache and his dad is going to get a large medical bill. And you don't know how this is going to affect him long term, as we have recently found out concussions have some serious long term issues and his future wrestling career and participation in other sports may be in jeopardy depending on how he responds to the concussion. I wont even mention potential long term cognizant affects this could have on him. So who really got the bad deal form this situation.

Re: Back Side [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215690 02/25/13 03:53 PM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Originally Posted By: fan of the sport

Isaac,

I think thats a little arrogant to say the reason the kid got hurt because of difference of skill levels. Maybe you should brush up on your skill level on the rules about unnecessary roughness. I'm not saying this was unsportsmanlike as another poster mentioned, but it was obviously unnessecary, and the referee was spot on. Easy call. The first job of the referee is to protect the wrestlers, and thats why they have rules like this. I understand that you are protecting your rep on the unsportsmanlike allegation, but you're not going to come out smelling good if you complain about this call.

Just think about what happened to this kid, he lost his chance to continue to wrestle and place in the state tournament, he probalbly spent a lot of time in hospital this last weekend, still has a splitting headache and his dad is going to get a large medical bill. And you don't know how this is going to affect him long term, as we have recently found out concussions have some serious long term issues and his future wrestling career and participation in other sports may be in jeopardy depending on how he responds to the concussion. I wont even mention potential long term cognizant affects this could have on him. So who really got the bad deal form this situation.

Do a little research before you make a post like this.

Re: Back Side [Re: rccokeley] #215691 02/25/13 04:00 PM
W
Wrestlin Scholar Offline
W
Originally Posted By: rccokeley

Isaac,

And what did I not research?

Re: Back Side [Re: rccokeley] #215695 02/25/13 04:07 PM
O
Outlaws174 Offline
O
An unnecessary roughness call is a judgement call. Can't do anything about it now. It's an unfortunate situation for both wrestlers. However, it is not Issac's job to know every rule in the book. It's his job to go and wrestle. That's all he was doing. It is unfortunate that this all happened. All he wanted was more mat time. Don't criticize him for it.

Re: Back Side [Re: Outlaws174] #215696 02/25/13 04:12 PM
T
Thunderrolz!! Offline
T
Dude the call was bogus, the other kid clearly took himself into a dangerous position. There were several slams in the tournament and the refs called the one that a wrestler got hurt. All the others were ignored. Just sayin pin 'em and go on. If you want a record, how about pins or wins? Gotta remember there are 300+ escapes you give up by getting all those takedowns, should be a record for giving up escapes too man.

Re: Back Side [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215697 02/25/13 04:20 PM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Originally Posted By: rccokeley

Isaac,

And what did I not research?

Well for starters, the injured kid did place. Since you're just a fan of the sport I'm going to assume you either never wrestled or weren't very good. It's not easy for a wrestler of Isaac caliber to just flip a switch a take it easy on kids. When you're that good you just go.
Lastly, don't try to make a kid feel bad by basically saying "because you did that, this, this, this, and this probably happened and its all your fault." Isaac was wrestling not trying to ruin the kids life.

Re: Back Side [Re: Wrestlin Scholar] #215698 02/25/13 04:22 PM
C
CoachSlyter Offline
C

Isaac,

I do not think that Isaac came out and said that to be arrogant, again this is a KID that you are blasting on. He felt bad about the young man getting hurt, he is just trying to defend himself and agree with another persons post. and he is right there are injuries that occur due to lack of wrestling knowledge by a lesser wrestler. No matter how good of a wrestler you are, you cannot control what another wrestler will do when you attempt a move. You can try, but things will happen, this is a contact sport!!! He has taken his punishment in the form of a 3rd place medal rather than a shot at another title, lets let him focus on the future, not further attack him on a public forum.

Clint Slyter
KCTC Coach
clint.slyter@gmail.com
Re: Back Side [Re: Thunderrolz!!] #215701 02/25/13 04:26 PM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Thunderrolz!!
Dude the call was bogus, the other kid clearly took himself into a dangerous position. There were several slams in the tournament and the refs called the one that a wrestler got hurt. All the others were ignored. Just sayin pin 'em and go on. If you want a record, how about pins or wins? Gotta remember there are 300+ escapes you give up by getting all those takedowns, should be a record for giving up escapes too man.

Since you are going to ignore my PM, I'm going to just say it publicly. If you are a kid from my high school and I find out who you are I promise you you will regret making an account. Stop posting.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)