Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: RJW1] #216061 02/27/13 10:59 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: RJW1
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: BrandonPigorsch
Reed did place at Virginia Beach last season. I can see that it is tough to make that list, but to say that there is a long list of people before him is ridiculous.

There was long list of teams before yours in the final state standings. smile

This comment is totally out of line! Thanks for you support of Dustin, Coach Pigorsch! I'm sorry it opened you up to a classless attack.

Classless attack??? It was a statement of fact, not even an attack. I didn't condone Ryne's tactless comment either but if I was in Brandon's shoes I would refrain posting on this forum and focus on the problems in my own house. CC was first in 2010 and last in 2013. That is a tremendous fall in a very short amount of time. I like Brandon as a person but ultimately if you are a coach you are going to be judged by the results of your team. If that is classless then I am guilty. Most found some humor in it.

I might define classless as being a coach tabling an official to have him check a wrestler for a mouthpiece so your wrestler can actually post a point on the scoreboard.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: Cokeley] #216064 02/27/13 11:35 PM
D
drix Offline
D
I would like to thank everyone who has came on and posted something respectful about me. It shows that hard work does pay off a some people notice. I would say that some posts were very offensive to me weather it was about me or someone else on this forum. I thought this forum was to give wrestling fans something to talk about. Not a way to sit and bash coaches and wrestlers that work their butts off every year. And when saying a coach is classless when another wrestler is not following the rules is crazy in my opinion and you also took a stab at the wrestler in the match which in this case was my brother who also worked his butt off. This disrespect does not belong on this forum. It just hurts the point of the forum and makes the people getting disrespected feel like crap. There is my two cents. I'm sorry that we all just can't support every wrestler and not bash each other.

Dustin Reed

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: drix] #216066 02/28/13 12:30 AM
R
rccokeley Offline
R
I find it astonishing how butt-hurt people get over petty little comments on here. We freaking wrestle! We're in a contact sport where both guys are trying to inflict pain on the other, and yet people boo hoo on here all time because they get criticized. If you can't take it then get out.

Dustin Reed,
I already apologized to your mom and changed my comment and I'm sorry i hurt your feelings too. Here's why I think other wrestlers are on the list and you're are not:
1. Some of your matches are too close. I honestly thought you were going to pin your way through the state tournament this year, because I thought you were that much better than everyone else.
2. Over your career you've lost some matches that I didn't think you would lose.
3. Your lack of summer exposure. You have the body type for a great greco wrestler and every year I was a little disappointed you didn't go to fargo.

As for my dad's comment about your coach. He wasn't bashing your brother at all he was simply stating that he thought, as well as a lot other, the stunt your coach pulled to get a point against Taylor was a cowardice act. That was the only point Taylor gave up that year at state and lets be honest, if it weren't for that he would't have given up any. You and I both know that Taylor didn't where his mouth piece when he was at Colby, so since your coach was still upset Taylor had transferred he took advantage of that. I wouldn't be surprised if Sims was hoping Taylor didn't have his mouth piece at all so he would have to ID.

As for people getting disrespected on here, you won't get any sympathy from me. Every year I took beef on here. Freshman year after I won state people got on here saying "Oh if he would've had Sharky he probably wouldn't have won." So what I did was worked my butt off and won it again to. Then people would say "If Trent Cox would've stayed at Andale, he probably wouldn't have won it." My high school continuously gets bashed on here for "recruiting" even though everyone on that team this year with the exception of the Hensleys is originally from the KC area. Heck most of them went parishes that feed into SJA. Do you get the picture here?

The best way to deal with critics is to show them up. Not tell everyone your feelings are hurt.

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: rccokeley] #216072 02/28/13 01:40 AM
D
drix Offline
D
I don't disagree with you about me being in the super seven. I thank you for being honest and I agree with your three points you made. p.s. the reason i never did fargo was because for some years it was a money issue and other years i had worked to hard in 4-H through out the summer i couldn't miss my fair for fargo sounds lame but thats what i did. I also don't want to take anything away from taylor he is an amazing wrestler and did great things just the way it was worded by your dad it appeared bad on my brother which always upsets you a little.

And as for you I have always had great respect for everyone in your family for what they have done for the betterment of Kansas Wrestling. You were an amazing wrestler and one of the best in Kansas I can only dream of accomplishing some of the things that you have. I understand why you sometimes say some offensive things because you were offended in high school to. I was just trying to say that hard work doesn't deserve to get put down.

Also I tried my best to show everyone what I could do and for my whole life I was never good enough always in a shadow, and I thought with my high school career maybe it would shine through but it doesn't appear that it will. This is ok though because wrestling is just what I love, but its not who I am. I have much more in life then a sport so just being considered for this honor of super seven makes me feel good. Thanks again for your honesty I really commend it and still have respect for you.

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: rccokeley] #216076 02/28/13 02:14 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
I don't think so. I like the way a philosopher of long ago dealt wit his critics:

Subtitle: Refrain From Defending Your Reputation Or Intentions

"Do not be afraid of verbal abuse or criticism. Only the morally weak feel compelled to defend or explain themselves to others. . . So, if anyone should tell you that a particular person has spoken critically of you, don't bother with excuses or defenses. Just smile and reply, "I guess that person does not know about all my other thoughts. Otherwise he would not just have mentioned these."

Epictetus

The best line from above:

"Only the morally weak feel compelled to defend on explain themselves to others. . ."

Last edited by Dean Welsh; 02/28/13 02:15 AM.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: rccokeley] #216077 02/28/13 02:16 AM
Tyson Schreiner Offline
Ryne, you are an icon to Kansas wrestling, my son and I, and not to mention thousands of Kansas wrestling fans feel your accomplishments were remarkable. We could only dream of half the success that you have had. Why get on this forum trying to be the apple that fell from the tree, while not having the wisdom or tact that you strive for. If anyone questioned your mentoring ability to promote wrestling for the youth, you have ran your mouth and removed all doubt.

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: Tyson Schreiner] #216080 02/28/13 02:47 AM
B
BDRan Offline
B
I honestly have never, EVER, seen Chief put some form of grouping or ranking out without people tearing it down. Why can't you guys just say, "thanks Chief" ad congratulate the 7 AMAZING wrestlers that are on this list instead of tearing down the kids that are putting this state on the map for wrestling. I mean, call me crazy, but giving credit where credit is due is still allowed in this country right?

Isaiah 6:8
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: BDRan] #216083 02/28/13 03:26 AM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Originally Posted By: BDRan
I honestly have never, EVER, seen Chief put some form of grouping or ranking out without people tearing it down. Why can't you guys just say, "thanks Chief" ad congratulate the 7 AMAZING wrestlers that are on this list instead of tearing down the kids that are putting this state on the map for wrestling. I mean, call me crazy, but giving credit where credit is due is still allowed in this country right?

AMERICA!

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: drix] #216087 02/28/13 03:58 AM
W
Westkan11 Offline
W
Well, I think we all know who won the battle of class. congrats Dustin on a great season.

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: Westkan11] #216096 02/28/13 12:38 PM
P
Peanut1234 Offline
P
To mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandparents, coaches, and teachers who had a hand in raising young Dustin Reed.,

Take A Bow......Kid appears to be mature beyond his years..

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: drix] #216114 02/28/13 03:59 PM
usawks1 Offline
Originally Posted By: drix

Also I tried my best to show everyone what I could do and for my whole life I was never good enough always in a shadow, and I thought with my high school career maybe it would shine through but it doesn't appear that it will. This is ok though because wrestling is just what I love, but its not who I am. I have much more in life then a sport so just being considered for this honor of super seven makes me feel good. Thanks again for your honesty I really commend it and still have respect for you.

For this reason, Dustin Reed moves to the top of any list I would have! For an teenager to make a statement like this, shows ... he has brought up right ... and he will grow to be a great man!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: usawks1] #216123 02/28/13 05:26 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: usawks1

For this reason, Dustin Reed moves to the top of any list I would have! For an teenager to make a statement like this, shows ... he has brought up right ... and he will grow to be a great man!!

It is refreshing!

Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: drix] #216147 02/28/13 11:25 PM
Bender Offline
Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
Ryne, you are an icon to Kansas wrestling, my son and I, and not to mention thousands of Kansas wrestling fans feel your accomplishments were remarkable. We could only dream of half the success that you have had. Why get on this forum trying to be the apple that fell from the tree, while not having the wisdom or tact that you strive for. If anyone questioned your mentoring ability to promote wrestling for the youth, you have ran your mouth and removed all doubt.

Oh god, not this again.... we had enough of you two arguing on the Guillen Johnson debate.

Also I tried my best to show everyone what I could do and for my whole life I was never good enough always in a shadow, and I thought with my highschool career maybe it would shine through but it doesn't appear that it will. This is ok though because wrestling is just what I love, but its not who I am. I have much more in life then a sport so just being considered for this honor of super seven makes me feel good. Thanks again for your honesty I really commend it and still have respect for you.

I like the sentiment here, but it is a bit too dramatic. You have received recognition, and a lot of notoriety just from this thread. Don't waste it all away by complaining that you were not good enough to "shine" through to Chief's top 7 wrestlers in all of Kansas.

Last edited by Bender; 02/28/13 11:52 PM.

Bite my shiny metal @$$
Re: 2013 Super Seven! [Re: Bender] #216164 03/01/13 04:21 AM
B
BrandonPigorsch Offline
B
Your welcome for the support for Dustin. This thread has once again gone away from talking about and commending kids on their incredible accomplishments. Kansas has a lot of tough wrestlers, and opinions differ and I understand that. I voiced mine, and others voice theirs. Not hurt by what anybody says and I am as hard nosed as anybody, so I can take it. I love coaching wrestling and I have a tremendous group of kids that wrestle for me. I do not worry about other's criticism, especially when it comes from a person who is not a wrestler or coach. I feel it is like a 500 pound person trying to tell someone how to diet.

Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)