Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carroll Kickoff Mat Mauling Identified #216846 03/11/13 12:21 PM
Jess Keith Offline OP
OP Offline
Coaches, Please make an announcement in your practice room this week that the individual who damaged the mat at the Bishop Carroll tournament has been identified.

Bishop Carroll High School has cameras throughout the building, and we spent Sunday evening reviewing the video tape. We have been able to identify both the team and the individual responsible.

We believe that those in the wrestling are, in general, honest and trustworthy. Therefore, we will give this individual the opportunity to come forward on their own. If this individual does not come forward by Thursday evening, we will proceed with the State and legal officials on Friday morning, to bring justice.

We do not want to have to resort to this. But we do feel strongly that the individual does owe an apology to Coach Ed and Miss Jenni for attacking their mat. These two have done so much for the sport of wrestling in Kansas, mostly with their own hard-earned money. They were kind enough to allow us to use their mats so that we could have good wrestling surfaces for all of those attending our tournament. We deeply appreciate their generosity to both the sport of wrestling, and to Carroll Junior Wrestling in allowing us to use their mats.

So, to that individual please call me at 316-721-4430 or by e-mail at JessSK@att.net.

Re: Carroll Kickoff Mat Mauling Identified [Re: Jess Keith] #216859 03/11/13 01:46 PM
T
Teamroper Offline
T
I think this individual (s) should also be out of subs if it is clear enough to identify them, which by the way it sounds is the case.

This is a deeper issue than a elbow or headbut in the heat of battle this is a criminal act and should be treated like one.

These type of people shouldn't be representing our sport.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS
Re: Carroll Kickoff Mat Mauling Identified [Re: Teamroper] #216875 03/11/13 04:58 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Even with video evidence, I'm sure mommy and daddy's little angel had nothing to do with it............

Re: Carroll Kickoff Mat Mauling Identified [Re: Teamroper] #216877 03/11/13 05:07 PM
M
MarkButcher
Unregistered
MarkButcher
Unregistered
M
My boys would like to donate $20 to aid in the prosecution of the snake that did this.
Sorry to say that in this sport you really can't trust anyone. I had to learn the hard way. Their is always a snake lurking in the grass and once you put your guard down they'll cut your throat (or mat).
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that at one point this season this snake got his butt kicked by a Blue Knight. Whoever you are, the smart thing to do is to turn yourself in before everyone finds out who you are.

Re: Carroll Kickoff Mat Mauling Identified [Re: ] #216902 03/11/13 08:28 PM
Jess Keith Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to let everyone know that Carroll Junior Wrestling has no intention of releasing the name or even the team name of the individual(s) involved in this incident. I have received several calls and e-mails asking who it was. We want to give the individual(s)an opportunity to come forward voluntarily to rectify the situation. Even after the individual(s) comes forward, we do not intend to release the name or names. So we just ask again that coaches and club leaders encourage their club members and wrestlers that if they were involved to come forward voluntarily. If they don't come forward voluntarily by Thursday evening, we will begin proceeding further in our actions against this individual(s).

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 139 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,369
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)