Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: AndrewFTW] #217737 03/28/13 01:21 AM
Tyson Schreiner Offline
Who put these rosters together? I don't understand the logic behind putting Quinton Harrison being before Gentzler, Leech, or Perez from Junction City.

Here are the circumstances:

Gentzler was first to be contacted but declined.
Leach was second to be contacted but declined.
Perez was third to be contacted but declined

There are the circumstances, now all talk forum readers "understand" much more about you.

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Chief Renegade] #217749 03/28/13 01:11 PM
A
AndrewFTW Offline
A
no disrespect to Quinton he is a tough wrestler, I simply didn't understand why he was chosen. Chill out, no need to get in an uproar over an easily answered question. people are Wolfs on this talk forum and quick to speak up, and attack. I feel like their was alot of hostility in your reply, no need to jump the gun and be rude, on a website. I know alot of people that are very hesitant to post on here because of the criticism they feel like they would get. I guess I will make sure watch I say on here I don't want to offend anyone over a question that I had.

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: AndrewFTW] #217755 03/28/13 02:30 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: AndrewFTW
no disrespect to Quinton he is a tough wrestler, I simply didn't understand why he was chosen. Chill out, no need to get in an uproar over an easily answered question. people are Wolfs on this talk forum and quick to speak up, and attack. I feel like their was alot of hostility in your reply, no need to jump the gun and be rude, on a website. I know alot of people that are very hesitant to post on here because of the criticism they feel like they would get. I guess I will make sure watch I say on here I don't want to offend anyone over a question that I had.

Good point. I have learned that the best way to field questions like your original post is just to state that those guys declined and the next in line was invited. There is also a lesson to how the original question is asked. Common sense would tell you that Gentzler, Leach and even Perez would have been invited but obviously could not do it.

Many times I have had to check my emotions and "Lighten up Francis". (Stripes 1981)

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Chief Renegade] #217764 03/28/13 03:36 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
I love to watch a little more wrestling and the line ups should prove to be entertaining....my only question would be...
Big has a 113 wrestler at 106... A 120 at 113....a 126 at 120....a 160 at 152 ...and my biggest question of all is why is a 4a wrestler listed as wrestling for the Big schools?.....isn't Aaron Puckett 4A...

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: AndrewFTW] #217767 03/28/13 03:58 PM
Kale Mann Offline

While you may have not to intentionally offend anyone, I for one took offense at your initial statement. Here is why.

Who put these rosters together?
&

I don't understand the logic
- to me reads as if the people who put these rosters together were illogical.

And yes, I do agree that while you may have not meant any offense to Quinton, your post could be read as an insult to him.

People need to understand that this process is VERY time consuming and involves a lot of continually moving pieces. It requires not only an invitation- but the ACCEPTANCE of the invitation. We don't post on here who all declined because it really shouldn't need to be posted- that was the young men's decision for any of a number of reasons.

And yes I agree that people on here are very quick to attack- which is exactly how I read your initial post.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: up4wrestling] #217768 03/28/13 03:59 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: up4wrestling
I love to watch a little more wrestling and the line ups should prove to be entertaining....my only question would be...
Big has a 113 wrestler at 106... A 120 at 113....a 126 at 120....a 160 at 152 ...and my biggest question of all is why is a 4a wrestler listed as wrestling for the Big schools?.....isn't Aaron Puckett 4A...

It's my understanding that the wrestlers get a 10 pound allowance. Also, as the rosters were taking shape, wrestlers declined invitations and the closer the deadline got they took the wrestler that wanted in. Also, I imagine the 4A vs 321A match-up of undefeated guys was compelling enough to lock in.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Kale Mann] #217770 03/28/13 04:01 PM
M
M.Church_AD Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Kale Mann

While you may have not to intentionally offend anyone, I for one took offense at your initial statement. Here is why.

Who put these rosters together?
&

I don't understand the logic
- to me reads as if the people who put these rosters together were illogical.

And yes, I do agree that while you may have not meant any offense to Quinton, your post could be read as an insult to him.

People need to understand that this process is VERY time consuming and involves a lot of continually moving pieces. It requires not only an invitation- but the ACCEPTANCE of the invitation. We don't post on here who all declined because it really shouldn't need to be posted- that was the young men's decision for any of a number of reasons.

And yes I agree that people on here are very quick to attack- which is exactly how I read your initial post.

I had almost the same response written as Coach Mann but then deleted it as I figured somebody would find a reason to tear that apart and I do get easily offended smile Therefore, I just chose to let it die down... but I agree 100% with Coach Mann and his statements are spot on how I read it as well and my first impressions.

God Bless all of you and I hope you all enjoy the event!

Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: up4wrestling] #217771 03/28/13 04:02 PM
Kale Mann Offline
Originally Posted By: up4wrestling

The line-ups were shifted down to get every Sr. State champ that accepted an invitation a match. It is difficult to find senior wrestlers in the lowest weight classes- and only seniors can wrestle per KSHSAA rules. Most of the kids moving down wrestled light all season so the actual weight differences should be minimal hopefully.

The Puckett vs Ochs Match is listed as a "Premiere exhibition" because it features 2 undefeated state champs. This was the best match-up we could find, and something we thought the kids would be excited about in addition to the fans attending and watching on line. We intended to have a 2nd at heavy weight with 2 big school kids wrestling, but unfortunately that has fallen through.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Kale Mann] #217776 03/28/13 05:17 PM
REVOLUTION Offline
Will-
The artical also said his goal was to win and "take the shoes off"! That means never to wrestle again.
The season is over. His wrestling career is over. He is a football player now.
As a side note:
It's not as easy for some to "walk across the street" and wrestle in Topeka. How many big school kids would travel and wrestle one match in Hays for example?
The Shrine Bowl moves their event around...

COWBOY UP!
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Chief Renegade] #217781 03/28/13 07:19 PM
REVOLUTION Offline
For Geary, what about that Wilcox stud from Chappy? In the Vype Magazine the article said he would seek out the toughest competition.

I just read the articals again no mention of your above comment?
I guess you made it up

COWBOY UP!
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: REVOLUTION] #217791 03/28/13 11:15 PM
Nate Naasz Offline
120 Quinton Harrison (Newton) 4-2 Dec over Hunter Price (Holton)

Nate Naasz, NWCA
Communications/Marketing Coordinator
KWCA, President
LCWC, Director
nnaasz@nwca.cc
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Nate Naasz] #217792 03/28/13 11:16 PM
Nate Naasz Offline
106 Justus Seaton (Bonner Springs)fall over Witmer (Phillipsburg)

Nate Naasz, NWCA
Communications/Marketing Coordinator
KWCA, President
LCWC, Director
nnaasz@nwca.cc
Re: Sr. Classic? [Re: Nate Naasz] #217843 03/29/13 03:35 PM
K
kansas.sparkles Offline
K
To all that read these forums:
I would first like to state that this is my first post. There are many times that I would have like to comment or post on or about something but have chosen not to do so. The reason for this is because of the way people treat one another on these threads. Although, I do regularly read and keep up with what is being said on here, I do not agree with the some things but in no way would I ever degrade or attack another person. People need to be respectful and mindful of what they say.
In AndrewFTW defense, I feel as if AndrewFTW had asked a question as to how the process worked of selecting the seniors for for the senior duals. As educators, coaches, parents, and mentors we encourage our children to ask questions. "No question is ever dumb", is what we teach them, correct? If they don't ask they don't know and are unaware of how the 'system' works. Just because AndrewFTW used the word 'logic' I did not feel he was meaning that anyone was 'illogical' he just did not understand the process...
It is also in my opinion he was not degrading any wrestler, he was just wondering in fact why the higher 'ranked' wrestlers were not on the roster. Perhaps he was not aware of the declines or injuries and that was all that needed to be said.
I also feel as if he is not the only one that has been attacked. The first example that comes to mind is Chief's rankings that he gets terrible grief for. Not everyone will ever agree on everything, but respect is the key to making Kansas wrestling stronger than ever. I have been to many tournaments in and out of Kansas and I have witnessed these young men become very good friends from all over the state. Parents need to set the example for these young men not make matters worse by attacking one another. We need to provide examples of respect and hard work. There are many more examples that can be mentioned but anyone that regularly reads the forums are aware of these examples.
Thank you
Proud mother of a Kansas wrestler.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (T Yeagley), 125 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)