Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! #219638 06/10/13 05:16 PM
K
KMcCall Offline OP
OP Offline
K
A big thank you to all the coaches for your support of the boys this past week for Schoolboy Camp and the Tournament.

Lots of folks give a ton of vacation time up for these boys to get to attend these events and wrestle some of the best competition in the country.

All the boys had a blast and we need to make sure the guys doing all the work behind the scenes know how much this is appreciated by the parents and the wrestlers.

Riley had a blast is and already looking forward to next years trip.

Kevin McCall
Re: Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! [Re: KMcCall] #219642 06/10/13 07:51 PM
H
Hokahey4life Offline
H
Completely Agreed! Thank you to everyone who helped make this trip possible! Dalton had a blast and is ready for next year's trip already! I know it takes a ton of work to put something like this together and am truly appreciative of all the hard work done by all. We watched on mat.tv all weekend and my husband was going nuts not being there! You guys really did a fantastic job! Way to go TEAM KANSAS!!!

Re: Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! [Re: Hokahey4life] #219645 06/10/13 08:48 PM
G
GT Williams Offline
G
Just getting used to being back. As always, this team is a group effort literally supported by dozens across the state. We could not do this without the support of everyone.

We took 4th in Freestyle, the highest finish ever for a KS Schoolboy team (I believe this may be the highest dual placement ever for any Kansas team, someone correct me if I am wrong).

We also took 7th in Greco, tying the highest finish ever for KS.

Friends and supporters that need to be thanked:

USA Wrestling. Mike and Kathy Juby, Leanna Grater, Matt Treaster, Will Cokeley. Thanks for all you do, mostly quietly behind the scenes. You are there when needed and respond immediately.

St. James High School. To Coach Medina, a heartfelt thank you for the hospitality of your great facilities.

To Gonz and Blue Chip, for the cool gear, you guys are the best.

Costco, for their donation. Cortney Taylor, for the great fruit donation. Arrow Bus Lines, for working with us on this trip.

To my coaches: Charlie Knox, Tyler Gonzales, Nick Flynn, Travis Phippen and Tommy Williams. You guys were great, this could not have happened without you.

To those who helped in other ways with our camp: Pete Sierant, Clint Slyter and other coaches and friends.

To our officials: Mark Anderson and Spencer Wilson.

To the parents who helped at the camp, traveled with us and did the thankless jobs of food preparation, cleanup, laundry, misc. errands and whatever they were asked to do, without complaint:

Jon Trowbridge
Dave Hull
Kevin McCall
Tami Porsch
Jeff Butler
And all the others I know I am leaving out, sorry.

To all the parents, family and friends who traveled to Indy with us, thank you as well. We heard you, we saw you and you made this last week special.

Last, to my other team director, for all he did to help and organize, Shawn Budke (and his son Brock). This would not have happened without you, thanks Buddy.

I hope all can go in the future.

Thanks again, Tom Williams

Last edited by GT Williams; 06/11/13 11:55 AM. Reason: Bad memory
Re: Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! [Re: Hokahey4life] #219646 06/10/13 08:51 PM
J
J Kelz Offline
J
Lots of love to all the coaches and people that
Put this trip together. Thanks so much!!
These memories will last forever. Big time thanks!!!!

Jason Koelzer
Re: Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! [Re: J Kelz] #219651 06/11/13 01:47 AM
S
shawnbudke Offline
S
Tom summed up the list of folks that helped put this trip together very well. I would like to also express my thanks to all the folks that helped out. None of this could be possible without everyone pitching in.

I would like to personally thank Tom Williams for all the time and effort he puts into this. His kids are in college and yet he puts an incredible amount of his own time and resources into this so our kids have this wonderful opportunity. If you see him out and about please thank him.

I would also like to thank the parents and the kids for allowing my son and I this awesome opportunity to work with these wrestlers! It is a true honor and pleasure!

Thank you to all the coaches and volunteers who work with these fine young men on a daily basis to make them such great wrestlers and competitors. If it wasn't for the long hours, the blood, the sweat, and the tears shed in the practice rooms during the year, we would not have accomplished such high finishes.

A huge thanks to Will Cokeley and Matt Treaster for pushing to get 2 teams this year. This was the first time we took two teams and it was awesome. We were able to provide this wonderful trip and opportunity to 17 kids that would not have gotten the chance to participate in years passed. Our goal for next year is to take two full teams. Many said we couldn't do it but we took enough kids to have almost a full second team this year.

The kids on the silver team battled and gained a lot of valuable experience. Many wrestled up a weight so we wouldn't have to forfeit weights. They accomplished a great feat by finishing in the top 16 in Greco. This is quite an accomplishment considering we were forfeiting 3-4 weights each dual.

So as we put a bow on this year I start to anxiously look forwards to next year. Parents, start planning now and help us achieve the goal of taking two full teams! This is one of the best experiences your wrestler will ever have!

Thanks again to everyone. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of this!

Shawn Budke

Last edited by shawnbudke; 06/11/13 01:54 AM. Reason: Can't spell
Re: Schoolboy Duals Thank You!!!! [Re: shawnbudke] #219653 06/11/13 11:14 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S

We took 4th in Freestyle, the highest finish ever for a KS Schoolboy team (I believe this may be the highest dual placement ever for any Kansas team, someone correct me if I am wrong).

There was a Junior Dual team that got 4th place in 2005 in freestyle.

Junior Dual National Championships
Enid, OK
June 28, 2005

3rd PLACE: Illinois 38, Kansas 24
98 - Colin Hage (K) pinned Joe Augle (I), 1:55
105 - Tyler Clark (I) tech. fall Brandon Goodwin (K), 10-0
112 - Matt McNaughton (I) tech. fall Donny Altman (K), 15-4
119 - Nick Fanthorpe (I) tech. fall Brett Bahe (K), 11-0
125 - Jim Kennedy (I) pinned Tim Elliott (K), 0:50
130 - Tristan DeShazer (K) dec. Conor Beebe (I), 5-3
135 - Brandon Precin (I) dec. Josh Baldridge (K), 11-6
140 - Tyler Adcock (K) won by forfeit
145 - Sean Reynolds (I) by disq. over Joe Cornejo (K)
152 - Mike Benefiel (I) dec. Danny Grater (K), 11-4
160 - Neil Erisman (K) dec. Travis Hammons (I), 7-5
171 - Duke Burk (I) tech. fall Chris Kearn (K), 15-3
189 - Neil Cisper (K) dec. Bill Barnhisel (I), 6-2
215 - Jacob Marrs (K) dec. Jordan Johnson (I), 6-3
275 - Andy Greenwalt (I) won by forfeit

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,934
Posts250,365
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)