Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: smokeycabin] #219943 06/29/13 10:24 PM
usawks1 Offline
... 9th in Greco, 9th in FS ... very proud of these young men!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: usawks1] #219945 06/30/13 10:52 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
I will post a recap tomorrow. 14-2 in duals!!

Fantastic effort...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: Chief Renegade] #219946 07/01/13 12:17 AM
usawks1 Offline
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
06/30/2013

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – USA Wrestling has released the 2013 Junior National Duals Freestyle All-Tournament Team, which features 54 wrestlers from 21 different states.

To qualify for the All-Tournament team, an athlete must go undefeated with at least five matches in the tournament.

Illinois had the most All-Tournament team athletes with eight, followed by Oklahoma with six and New Jersey, Texas and Georgia with four.

Three athletes finished with 9-0 records, the best record in the freestyle competition: Gage Branson of Ohio (106), Anthony Tutolo of Ohio (126) and Reynaldo Rodriguez-Spencer of New York (138).

Thirteen athletes were All-Tournament in both styles: Brandon Carroll of South Dakota (100), Joey Cisneros of California (106), Miguel Silva of Illinois (106), Taylor LaMont of Utah (120), Kaid Brock of Oklahoma (120), Jacob Rubio of Texas (132), Zac Hall of Michigan (132/138), Anthony Valencia of California (152/160), Chandler Rogers of Washington (170), Preston Lehman of North Dakota (182/195), Ricky Robertson of Illinois (195), Roy Nash of Utah (220) and Adam Coon of Michigan (285).

Finishing with impressive 16-0 records in the two events were Preston Lehman of North Dakota and Roy Nash of Utah. Coming home with 15-0 records were Brandon Carroll of South Dakota and Jacob Rubio of Texas.

2013 JUNIOR NATIONAL DUALS FREESTYLE ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
100 – Brandon Carroll (SD), 8-0 record
100 – Ian Parker (MI), 5-0
100/106 – Grant Sorensen (OK), 7-0
106 – Gage Branson (OH), 9-0
106 – Michael Murphy (TN), 8-0
106 – Jack Mueller (TX), 8-0
106 – Joey Cisneros (CA), 7-0
106 – Miguel Silva, Jr. (IL), 5-0
113 – Elijah Oliver (TN), 8-0
113 – Michael Cullen (IL), 5-0
120 – Maleek Williams (FL), 8-0
120 – Sean Russell (GA), 7-0
120 – Taylor LaMont (UT), 7-0
120 – Kaid Brock (OK), 7-0
120 – KeShawn Hayes (MO), 6-0
120/126 – Tommy Pawleski (IL), 5-0
126 – Anthony Tutolo (OH), 9-0
126 – Deondre Wilson (IN), 8-0
126 – Cody Karstetter (OK), 7-0
126 – Jered Cortez (IL), 6-0
132 – Jacob Rubio (TX), 8-0
132/138 – Zac Hall (MI), 5-0
132/138 – George Fisher (IL), 5-0
138 – Renaldo Rodriguez-Spencer (NY), 9-0
138 – Justin Fletcher (OK), 7-0
138/145 – Joey McKenna (NJ), 8-0
145 – Phil Downing (CO), 7-0
145 – Bryce Brill (IL), 7-0
145/152 – Sean Glasgow (NJ), 8-0
152 – Weston Dobler (ND), 8-0
152 – Andrew Millsap (KS), 5-0
152 – Brian Murphy (IL), 6-0
152 – Zach Schuman (SD), 5-0
152/160 – Anthony Valencia (CA), 5-0
160/170 – Mark Hall (CO), 8-0
160/170 – Nick Reenan (TX), 8-0
170 – Christian Stackhouse (NJ), 8-0
170 – Chandler Rogers (WA), 7-0
170 – Zach Beard (OK), 7-0
170/182 – Bo Nickal (TX), 8-0
182 – Michael Pixley (MO), 5-0
182/195 – Jesse Stephanos (FL), 8-0
182/195 – Preston Lehman (ND), 8-0
182/195 – Glenn Climmons (GA), 5-0
182/195 – Deandre Sims (GA), 5-0
195 – Ralph Normandia (NJ), 8-0
195 – Ricky Robertson (IL), 5-0
195 – Joel Dixon (OK), 6-0
195/220 – Joseph McClure (GA), 8-0
195/220 – Payne Hayden (MI), 6-0
220 – Roy Nash (UT), 8-0
220 – Caleb Staack (IA), 8-0
220/285 – Jaden Cox (MO), 7-0
285 – Adam Coon (MI), 7-0

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: usawks1] #219947 07/01/13 12:27 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
The Junior National Duals are simply the greatest team event on earth. smile

The 25 Kansas warriors that paid the price in OKC won 14 of 16 duals!! Both of those losses could have gone our way...

I want to thank those that contributed to the effort. Our coaching staff of Scott Rieck, Jacob Marrs and Ryne Cokeley did a fantastic job both in mat coaching and sportsmanship! Thank you to Tom Richard and Mark Stanley for getting our USAWKS trailer to Topeka, ready to go on Tuesday morning. Thanks to Mark Dulgarian for driving a team van and helping with the daily chores. Thank you to Tyson Toelkes mother Jenna Henderson who coordinated the food each day. A huge thank you to Randy Ewing who contributed 350 waters and sport drinks along with some of the best cookies and muffins we've ever had. They were a hit. Thank you to Jerry Tujague for loading videos on HUDL and to Sean McCarthy and Randy Hinderliter for posting results along the way. Thank you to Rance Stein for transporting our clocks back to Wichita. That was a huge help. Thanks also to our three referees, Mark Anderson, Drew Anderson and Charlie Knox who represented Kansas in a professional manner.

What was also very encouraging was our vocal fan base! Many Kansas faithful made the trip down and I know our Juniors appreciated it.

Let's talk about our Juniors...

Every single one of these guys contributed. I could just say they went 14-2 but I have to get more detailed. smile

100 - Hunter Kiser - This freshman from Abilene stepped up without any GR/FS experience and filled this weight class that is very hard to fill. He had a contagious positive attitude on our bench and went 7-9 over 16 duals.
106 - Skylar Johnson - Yet another son of Billy Johnson making his mark for Team Kansas. Skylar went 6-9 and had three big pins for us, two against PA and one against GA in our FS final!
113 - Josiah Seaton - An All-American and veteran of past Junior teams, he went 10-6 with several falls while battling from behind more than once. You can never count him out.
120 - Reese Cokeley - returning from last years successful Junior Dual trip, he went 4-5 against very tough competition, winning some critical matches for us.
120 - Park Howell - A last minute fill-in role by a three year JD veteran going 4-4. Great effort!
126 - Zak Hensley - Carrying the full load at this weight, Zak went 10-5 and dominated many matches. His aggressive style paid off in critical matches for us.
132 - Tyler Dickman - A returning JD team member went 4-4 and had very close matches with nationally ranked guys. One tough hombre!
132 - Tyler Mies - Ty rebounded from a rough GR session to finish 4-4. He went 4-0 in FS with some really helpful wins against tough competition.
138 - Andrew Tujague - This guy is flat out fun to watch. Andrew went 8-3, finishing near the top in many categories.
138 - Connor Penka - This freshman went 2-3 in a very tough weight class. Looks like he's filling his brothers shoes well.
145 - Isaac Dulgarian - This All-American made the all-tournament GR team and went 12-1 for the week. Isaac is quite possibly our most talented wrestler in the state. You cannot take your eyes off of his matches, lest you miss a highlight reel flurry of points.
145 - Tagen Lambotte - This 3X state champion went 1-2 and also won an exhibition match. His three matches were a blast to watch winning 16-13 and then losing two matches 5-5 and 6-6 against nationally ranked guys.
152 - Andrew Millsap - He went 8-1, going 5-0 in freestyle and made the all-tournament FS team! His payback match against Texas was one for the ages. You talk about a beastly body lock throw!
152 - Jonathan Blackwell - Once again he was one of our most consistant wrestlers going 7-2, only losing one at his weight. I will never forget his match that found him high in the air in a seemingly impossible position and scrambling to give up no points! He has an uncanny ability to land on his frontside.
160 - Calvin Ochs - This AA and Virginia Beach finalist was an anchor for our team. He finished 9-3 and bumped up a weight twice to help. Colby is getting a gem in this guy!
160 - Dustin Williams - He went 3-1 in GR and had to take off in FS competition due to an injury. Those GR matches he wrestled were historic battles. Am I glad he has one for year for us!
170 - Jared Johnson - Another veteran team member that I will miss. Jared went 8-5 in a very tough weight class. We were counting on his pin points and he delivered!
182 - Levi Eck - It was an emotional time as Levi had his picture taken leaving his wrestling shoes in the middle of the mat. I can't think of a better way to finish a wrestling career than to go an UNDEFEATED 8-0 for the entire tournament!
182 - Spencer Wilson - Going 5-3 with some critical pin points, this AA gave us some much anticipated throws. He is always a positive influence on the rest of the team. We are going to miss this guy.
195 - Emilio Fowler - Having come off of a 14-1 Cadet Dual effort, he moved to the next level and turned in a solid 4-4 performance. He had some beasts at this weight and came through for us in the tight matches that we really needed.
195 - Sage Eckman - Another underclassman that contributed in a big way going 4-4. Great future ahead of this Emporia kid!
220 - Ray Gallegos - He wrestled GR only and almost ran the table going 4-1. Newton has a good one coming back next season!
220 - Kane Washington - This Hoxie state champ was the hero of our last dual against GA. We were tied 32-32 and with all the weight on his shoulders and a roaring crowd he won 13-6 to clinch the dual win and title in our bracket. Kane went 3-4 in FS.
220 - Tyson Toelkes - He went 1-3 before he was injured in a powerful throw in the Texas dual. Tyson has only one gear and that's full out. Look out for next year at Shawnee Heights!
285 - Nathan Butler - What can I say? Nathan went 15-1. He was simply our hammer. He cemented his place in the history of great Kansas heavyweights and we are all going to miss him. His future is so bright you have to wear shades!

I can tell you that there are plenty of wrestlers across the nation that will remember they wrestled Team Kansas! The 2013 version was a special group. Congratulations on bringing home the hardware!!

- Chief

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: Chief Renegade] #219951 07/01/13 03:27 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Just wanted to throw out word or two about some of these kids that Levi has traveled with as a part of middle school duals, Park Hill duals, school boy dual, cadet duals, and now junior duals....I'm only posting comments on the ones I've interacted with over the years, so no disrespect meant to any of the others........

Josiah Seaton-I can remember when he was 10-15 lbs under his weight class, but always was there, knowing a lot of times the bruises he was about to obtain wrestling guys much bigger than him. But now he is all grown up, and kicking tail. Class act, as is his entire family.

Reese Cokeley-Once a kid that got pounded, in his brother's shadow, may have even taken some "we don't like his dad, so we don't like him" type of flack. He just continued to show up, get better, and work hard. Don't know if there is a nicer kid out there. And don't know if there is another family that contributes to KS wrestling more....

Parker Howell-I think the first time I met him, he was a late addition to Schoolboy duals. Didn't know his head from a hole in the ground at first, but by the end was contributing. Good awnry kid.

Zack Hensley-I remember when he was at school boy or cadet duals, and was tearing someone up, and got hurt, in his first or second match. You can't replace a kid like him, and it hurt us the rest of that tourney. But there he was, the rest of the week, arm in a sling, cheering the team on. He's got a tank on him, and is lightning quick.

Tyler MIes-He gets extra kudos cause he's a part of our kids program, but he is just a great example of a kid that shows up every day ready to go to work. I know he still hasn't accomplished what he wants to accomplish, but to me, it's not about the wrestling, its about showing class after a tough loss. He's had 2 of what have to be described as heartbreaking losses in the state semifinals/finals, yet he got up off the mat, took off his legband, and shook the opponents and opponents coach's hand like a man. Don't tell TYler this, but he's one of my favorites.

Isaac Dulgarian-What a talent, don't know what else needs to be said.

Tagen Lambotte-I remember when I showed up to either Schoolboy or Cadet dual camp at Cokeley's barn, and I start hearing about this Lambotte kid. I had no idea who he was......and then I watched him wrestle. Maybe the most intense kid I've seen.

Jonathan Blackwell-He and Levi went thru the kids programs, beating on each other several times. A kid that put in the work, and was a multi time state champ. I could never get him to talk though......never saw him throw a fit. Great kid

Calvin Ochs-I can remember back when Calvin struggled, but he kept coming back for more. He falls into that category of "stay the course, and you'll get your reward". I love kids that show up, take their beatings, then get the big payoff when they get older. Another kid that I don't know if I've ever seen be anything but respectful. Of course as mean as his mom is, he knows better, she'd kick his butt. By the way, if anyone is looking for a town to open up a barber shop, Hoxie is it. wink

Dustin Williams is another that just keeps coming back for more. ANother very intense kid, but you can't get a word out of him off the mat. Very respectful kid

Spencer Wilson-I hope Spencer doesn't take offense to this, but when he casually strolls onto the mat, sometimes tripping on his way to get his legband, his opponent has to be thinking that he has a pretty good chance of getting the win. Then the whistle blows......I can remember the time Spencer beat Oliver Pierce at Southern Plains. I think that put him on the map. This week at the duals he had a huge win over I believe a New York kid that on paper, spencer had no business competing with. NewYork was counting the lights......

Raymond Gallegos and Kane Washington fall into that category of kids that were a little soft, big kids that hadn't matured, back when we did schoolboy/cadet duals. Kids that struggled to win a match, or even to keep from getting pinned. And the Raymond Gallegos that I've seen the last few years has moved the belly up to his chest, and is an animal now. I didn't get to see Kane this weekend, but was on the edge of my seat on the dashboard during his match against the Georgia kid, which he won to bring home the Bronze bracket championship. I mean, that is the type of script you make movies about. A kid that couldn't win anything when he was younger, to a kid that turns in to the hero as a senior, as his last hurrah.....

Nathan Butler-As quiet as he has seemed off the mat, he is an animal on the mat, with an ability to turn the switch on. I remember meeting his parents at Minnesota at cadet duals, and I knew right away they were quality people, raising quality kids.

Jayrod Jonsohn------I don't know what it is about this kid, but ever since he was headlocking people that outweighed him by 15 lbs at school boy duals, I've liked him. I still remember the dual against Wisconsin that Jerod had a guy on his back for over a minute, never getting the fall call, and Levi doing the same thing, and it ended up costing us the dual. One of the few times I've made the statement that the ref cost us. No doubt, we had two pins there, and they never got called. Kansas isnt' supposd to compete with Wisconsin I guess? Anyway, even thought I've had to physically injure Jared a few times over the years for jacking with me, he's still a good kid. And if you ever think your husband is a tight wad, go talk to Jerad's dad, and you'll feel like you're married to Donald Trump. Back to being serious, Jerad knows how to shake an opponent's hand, win or lose, and take it like a man....

I guess what I'd like for everyone to take from my note this morning is this: The thing I am most proud of about these kids that I've been fortunate enough to watch grow up with my son, is that they are all good sports. I feel like wrestling has taught them life lessons that are much more important than wins and losses. Look at these kids down the road a few years, and they'll be productive members of society, not leaches on society.

Jeff Jordan spends about 5 minutes before every one of his camps talking about being a man, and after a match, standing up, and shaking the opponents hand like a man. If you aren't willing to do that, you are going to be told to leave.

If there is one thing that I don't like about our sport, is that there are too many kids that can't take it like a man. Whether it is parents or coaches letting them get away with it.

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching a good match, and when it's over, both warriors meet in the middle for the handshake, and it is respectful.

There is nothing that pi$$es me off more, than a kid that isn't willing to do that. That kid hasn't been taught what our sport is about yet, and someone needs to do just that.

Congratulation to all of these fine men.

And a big thanks to Eric "Chief" Johnson, for putting events like this all together. It has to be frustrating dealing with injuries, kids backing out, scrambling to find replacements, etc....he does it without a single complaint.

And a big thanks to Coach Marrs, Coach Ryne, and Coach Rieck. Someone already mentioned it earlier, but they carried themselves like men as well, and that carries over into the way our team carries themselves.....

And when you see a picture of your son, with his shoes in the middle of the mat, knowing he has fought his last battle on the mat, after all the blood sweat and tears, no matter how big of a man you are, you'll break down. There is nothing that life can throw at my son, that wrestling hasn't prepared him for. I wish you all the same for you and your sons......

Doug

Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: doug747] #219953 07/01/13 08:06 PM
B
Bowslam Offline
B
Doug&Levi,

It has been our pleasure getting to know the both of you and sharing the greatest sport on earth. You both have brought so much to Kansas wrestling, with class and dignity. Levi we wish you the best in your future knowing that you will accomplish whatever goals that you set for yourself. I will have to admit that I am a bit selfish and would like to see you on the mat, as you are so much fun to watch compete. Thanks for the memories my friends.

The Lambottes

Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: Bowslam] #219954 07/01/13 09:45 PM
usawks1 Offline
... a great tribute to this team of Kanza Warriors!

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Re: Junior Dual Results [Re: usawks1] #219955 07/02/13 12:35 AM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
Its a little difficult to top what others have said. But, one thing this dual team showed is the importance of school boy duals. I believe at least 11 members of this team competed at the school boy duals my son's 8th grade year. The school boy duals provides valuable experience, gives kids a taste for summer wrestling and starts friendships that helps to fill dual teams years later - and the kids have fun. It was a great decision to have 2 school boy teams this year, it should help fill future jr dual teams.

PS. We missed it. Levi left his shoes on the mat...I am not really all that cheap, but if I had known ahead of time, Jared would of got those shoes!!! I bet they would of fit.....

Last edited by John Johnson; 07/03/13 01:34 AM. Reason: cause
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,936
Posts250,367
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)