Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
15th Annual Hillsboro Takedown Tournament #221453 11/08/13 02:16 PM
C
Coach O'Hare Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Lets get things started...The Hillsboro Wrestling Club will once again be hosting their Annual Takedown Tournament. It will be on Saturday, December 7th. This is a great early season tournament for wrestlers of all abilities. Our primary goal is to get every wrestler 3 matches in a four-man round robin format where we try to separate novice and more experienced wrestlers. I plan to get our flyer sent to Mike Juby soon and a link to it can be found in the calendar of tournaments. Please note that we do not place wrestlers into specific weight classes, but rather just pair them up according to age division, actual weight, then separate them by ability level and wrestling club where possible.

With this being the first tournament of the season for most, please double check ages & weights prior to sending entries. We have had some delays in the past trying to make corrections with the round robin format to still try to get the most matches possible for each wrestler.

We look forward to hosting you & your club on December 7th.

Respect Every Man--Fear NONE!
Re: 15th Annual Hillsboro Takedown Tournament [Re: Coach O'Hare] #221735 11/24/13 01:33 PM
C
Coach O'Hare Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The tournament flyer is posted on USAW-KS website tournament list.

Last edited by Coach O'Hare; 11/24/13 01:36 PM.

Re: 15th Annual Hillsboro Takedown Tournament [Re: Coach O'Hare] #222046 12/09/13 01:18 AM
C
Coach O'Hare Offline OP
OP Offline
C
A huge thanks to everyone that attended our 15th Annual Hillsboro Takedown Tournament. Despite a few changes required, I was really proud of our people that handled those to allow us to get started only about 15 minutes late...I appreciate all of you that took the time to make sure wrestlers were entered correctly and taking care of the satellite weigh-in process.

I was pleased with how the day went overall from our end. I hope it was a positive & enjoyable experience for all of you, your wrestlers, the parents, and your entire club! Although I had very little opportunity to watch much of the wrestling as I remained busy with the behind-the-scenes work to keep things going, from what I could tell, there was some very exciting wrestling. What little I did see, it was a thrill to watch many of the little ones wrestling in their first ever matches & I loved seeing their faces as they accepted their medals and trophies. I hope this was a good beginning to a great season for all of you. Best of Luck this season and hope to see you back next year. Any comments, constructive criticism, or suggestions are welcome. Thanks again...Yours in Wrestling...

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 133 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)