Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gunsmoke Nationals! NEW KANSAS TOURNAMENT [Re: Cokeley] #224744 02/08/14 11:16 PM
C
CTT Offline
C
I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and hopefully someone mistakenly grabbed our sons dark blue Nike bag which had in it: a pair of grey Nike Freeks and black headgear. I am offering a reward of $100, for the shoes have sentimental value.

As a wrestling mom, I would like to add that I have been to numerous wrestling events and pride my kids sport that it is one of the best because of the integrity of the participants. That being said, I truly hope someone steps forward and returns our wrestling gear.

Re: Gunsmoke Nationals! NEW KANSAS TOURNAMENT [Re: CTT] #224782 02/09/14 03:33 PM
R
R. Scott Edwards Offline
R
The staff from Gunsmoke Nationals would like to also add $100 reward for the return of or information of the whereabouts of the the items listed in the above post.

Re: Gunsmoke Nationals! NEW KANSAS TOURNAMENT [Re: R. Scott Edwards] #224797 02/09/14 09:13 PM
C
csw1221 Offline
C
We were disappointed that the # of participants weren't higher but we realize there were a lot of factors. I can see this tournament having a lot of potential for growth in the future....loved the site. With that being said I know some of the delays were unavoidable especially due do all the bracket changes. The biggest complaint I have is that the flyer said there was no double dipping allow and yet several kids were allowed to double dip. If we had known it was an option my kid would have definitely tried to win 2 belts (like some of the kids did frown )

Last edited by csw1221; 02/10/14 12:51 AM.
Re: Gunsmoke Nationals! NEW KANSAS TOURNAMENT [Re: L.Geyer] #224804 02/09/14 10:03 PM
W
Wrestlerspappy Offline
W
Ill definitely be back in the future. Cant help mother nature and with all the factors stacked against the Gunsmoke National tournament the directors did a wonderful job of making the best of the situation.

Jason Ford
Re: Gunsmoke Nationals! NEW KANSAS TOURNAMENT [Re: Wrestlerspappy] #224926 02/11/14 03:56 PM
F
Freddy Offline
F
I agree with csw1221. The flyer said no double dipping and yet it was allowed. Brackets were set early that morning and at 10 am Saturday our bracket had an additional wrestler. I don't believe they moved up a weight because they did not make the lower weight class. Checked out track wrestling and the wrestler was 4.5 lbs over the bracket they competed in the week before. Head gear was also required but yet that rule was not followed either and later in the round those kid who didn't have head gear all of a sudden had a pair by round 2. I'm not sure but a national tournament usually does not change rules the day of the event. And also why does a wrestler who is the only one in his bracket get to drop to a lower weight and participate? Why does he get bumped down and not up. All of the other kids make weight so if a tournament does that then why weigh in and lets have drawing and fill brackets that way. Also a Colorado coach was bragging the he was allowed to place his wrestling strategically so they could beat Steel City for team points. I was good competition and maybe go back. I just want to know what rules are there going to be so we all know. And yes word of mouth does travel and I'm not the only one who felt this way. A lot of coaches that I talked to were not very happy about how things were changed that day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)