Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RMN NATIONALS #227664 03/10/14 10:08 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline OP
OP Offline
U
REMEMBER: You don't have to be on the Kansas Dual Team or Kansas Team to wrestle at the RMN tourney! Tonight is the last night to sign up for the Rocky Mountain Natiionals! $45 per wrestler, $35 2-day coach pass and plenty of hotel rooms avail. in the area! Don't sit at home just because you didn't make the team! Get out there and WRESTLE! Hope to see you there! Have fun make memories...Wrestle!

Kim Lovvorn

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: up4wrestling] #227672 03/10/14 11:33 PM
Beeson Offline
Not if you are a middle school kid. That is why this should not have been shoved through so irresponsibly. This should have been thought out and voted on. Had it been done by the rules, it could have been amended to include the middle school kids.

I'm just curious why no one on the executive committee has the stones to try to defend this decisions.

Answer: They are wrong and they know they are wrong.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Beeson] #227677 03/10/14 11:41 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Not sure what you are aiming at I am just saying you can go to RMN without being on a team...are you talking about skipping Subs and being allowed to wrestle at District!? Lucas won't be doing that....sorry if my post riled you, not the point.
Just want to see boys keep wrestling and improving.

Kim Lovvorn

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: up4wrestling] #227680 03/10/14 11:51 PM
Beeson Offline
No worries, you didn't rile me. The Board riled me on Sunday, been trying to pick a fight ever since. There will be no High School wrestling at subs but they still have to pay their $20 bucks. So is it about the kids or about the money?

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Beeson] #227699 03/11/14 01:30 AM
C
Coach Prieto Offline
C
Chad,
Will they still have to show up and make weight?

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Coach Prieto] #227705 03/11/14 01:39 AM
T
tryingtobesilent Offline
T
wow! I was wondering why I couldn't access the high school weight classes for subs on track wrestling!

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: tryingtobesilent] #227734 03/11/14 05:14 AM
T
THE-RYLANTS Offline
T
Really why do we have to pay for a tournament that we are not wrestling in? Who in the heck voted for that? This tournament only affects a small number of kids so why are we changing all of these rules. Also think about how this changes the format for Districts because I know some of the high school brackets are pretty full if you add both subs? Just curious and when are they going to officailly let us all know? The flyer still shows them wrestling?

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Coach Prieto] #227741 03/11/14 10:22 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Prieto
Chad,
Will they still have to show up and make weight?

No, as their is no Sub District tournament, there is no need to weigh in for a tournament that is not happening. Which doesn't make sense, because they have to pay for the tournament that is not happening. Confusing I know. To answer your question, No they do not have to weigh in.

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Beeson] #227748 03/11/14 11:25 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Not if you are a middle school kid. That is why this should not have been shoved through so irresponsibly. This should have been thought out and voted on. Had it been done by the rules, it could have been amended to include the middle school kids.

I'm just curious why no one on the executive committee has the stones to try to defend this decisions.

Chad:

As an older man my stones are not what they once were however I do still have them. As I stated at the District II seeding meeting, this was a rush decision which I readily take responsibility for. District II has ten (10) wrestlers participating on the Rocky Mountain Dual Team. The District II Director and the two Assistants Directors made the decision to allow the wrestlers to participate in the duals based on a presentation by the Executive Director. As you will recall, there was discussion at the District II meeting and the decision was made to allow the high school division to wrestle in an open tournament at their respective sub-district tournament. In Districts II and III the High School Division only will determine the qualifiers to the USAW Kansas Kids State Championship Tournament at their respective District Tournaments.

If the District II youth were not participating on a dual team against several other states dual teams and were only participating in the Open Tournament I would not have supported this decision. The dual team representing Team Kansas is the two or three time defending champion.

I am available to answer any further questions.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Beeson] #227772 03/11/14 01:44 PM
J
Joe Knecht Offline
J

Since I am included in your blanket statement (on the executive council or w/o stones, your call) I will bite...

What do I need to defend? I presented the option in good faith to D1 membership. I didn't hide, tailor or mislead anyone. We discussed it (at length I'll add), put to a vote which as you know did not garner support to do anything other than use the same process and system we've used in the recent past with having 2 subs and a singled district tournament.

If me being transparent and allowing my district membership to speak (which the vote to me speaks volumes) is wrong, then I guess we'll have to just disagree.

Joe Knecht
(913) 709-9875
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Joe Knecht] #227780 03/11/14 02:16 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B

Posts: 26 Why was sub district cancelled for high school in D2? To save money? Less Travel? Not enough Kids? Here are some facts as I read them....

1. There are 32 total brackets that were to be wrestled in D2 High school division this weekend. 16 of those are big enough brackets that kids would be eliminated. That's 50% of Brackets

2. In 8U there are 36 total brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 44.4% of Brackets

3. In 10u there are 40 brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 40% of Brackets.

4. In 12U there are 42 brackets with 13 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 30.9% of Brackets.

5. In 14U there are 46 brackets with 19 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 41.3% of brackets.

Why the special treatment for High School Kids. The rest of us are hard working parents that could use a financial saving of not going to SUBS.

PS.... There will be $16540 in entry fees for this tournament. So what is really going on?

Last edited by bradbee; 03/11/14 02:46 PM.
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: bradbee] #227788 03/11/14 02:30 PM
J
Joe Knecht Offline
J
I can't speak for D2 as is out of my scope and was only speaking what occurred in D1. Concerns for D2 should be taken up with your District Director.

PS I'm not sure where your numbers for what the state gets are coming from but the state doesn't get the entry dollars on qualifying tournaments, the hosts do. The state gets entry fees for the state tournament.

Joe Knecht
(913) 709-9875
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Joe Knecht] #227791 03/11/14 02:36 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
Missing the point....why does high school division get special treatment....

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Joe Knecht] #227847 03/11/14 07:23 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Joe Knecht

Since I am included in your blanket statement (on the executive council or w/o stones, your call) I will bite...

What do I need to defend? I presented the option in good faith to D1 membership. I didn't hide, tailor or mislead anyone. We discussed it (at length I'll add), put to a vote which as you know did not garner support to do anything other than use the same process and system we've used in the recent past with having 2 subs and a singled district tournament.

If me being transparent and allowing my district membership to speak (which the vote to me speaks volumes) is wrong, then I guess we'll have to just disagree.

My question would be; Did you present it for a vote or did a vote get requested after it was presented? There is a difference between going in with the intention of having a vote and being called out on the floor and having to take a vote.

Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Beeson] #227865 03/11/14 09:43 PM
J
Joe Knecht Offline
J
Chad - No conspiracy here. I announced the addition to the meeting agenda (since I'd sent one out prior), presented the topic, allowed discussion (lots of good ideas were thrown out from several folks that we will consider for presentation next year) as well as requested the membership vote. Let me put it simply: I requested the vote. I had this intention from the beginning as my two assistant directors among several others can confirm. Was it a surprise to those in attendance? You bet it was as it was a very raw and recent topic, even for me.

I know you have been in contact with people that were there so I'm surprised you don't know this already. That or you are trying to glean something additional for your own agenda. Either way, if you feel I'm not being transparent please say so. I'm hardly afraid of being called out or corrected on a youth wrestling forum.

I invite you to feel free to call me if you require more detail; number is below or my contact info can be found here.

Joe Knecht
(913) 709-9875
Re: RMN NATIONALS [Re: Joe Knecht] #227869 03/11/14 11:12 PM
Beeson Offline
Apparently I was given some information that was not correct. As I was told that someone else requested the vote and it was not what you wanted to happen. I'm just going off of the information I was given. If that information was wrong I feel a little better.

As far as me having an agenda, I can tell you right now what my agenda would be. I would like to expose those that are holding back Kansas Wrestling. I have stated many time that I am all for what happened. I am just not happy with how it happened. I would be all for getting rid of subs all together for every age division. If it went through the proper channels. If there are people on the Executive Board that are slowing progress they need to be called out so that they can be dismissed or voted out. I plan on running for a position on the board next year and get to the bottom of this so we can move Kansas Wrestling forward the correct way. That is my agenda.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 137 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,939
Posts250,371
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)