Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend #227682 03/11/14 12:14 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
Jake Beeson will be wrestling at RMN this weekend. We will not be able to make subs. We will show up at Districts the following weekend and I expect to have a seeding meeting and Jake to be allowed to Wrestle. If there will be a problem with this I would like someone from the State Board to contact me and let me know what we need to do to make this happen. Unless I am contacted I will assume that this is ok with the board.

Just to be clear Jake will be wrestling 14U at Districts.

Chad Beeson

Last edited by Beeson; 03/11/14 12:19 AM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227690 03/11/14 12:55 AM
J
John Taylor Offline
J
So does that mean anyone who decides they aren't going to wrestle in subs, that they are just automatically go to districts it's ok if you post it here? Even though everyone else has to qualify? If so then my whole team decides they are just going directly to districts. They are some 8U, some 10U, some 12U, some 14U and a few high schoolers. I will also assume this is ok unless notified.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: John Taylor] #227692 03/11/14 01:18 AM
P
Purple_Freak Offline
P
Chad- I don't think they realized what kind of can of worms they opened up...

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Purple_Freak] #227695 03/11/14 01:26 AM
hotrodder54 Offline
Goodluck at rocky mountain nats have fun it should be a good bracket

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Purple_Freak] #227696 03/11/14 01:26 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wait, I found out the board is not being truthful about this even a little bit.

District 1 voted this down 42-4, District 2 was told their was no vote because it already passed, District 3 was lied to and told the other district were on board, District 4 voted it down, 27-2 or something like that.

This is not a can of worms. This is a five gallon bucket of manure.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227697 03/11/14 01:27 AM
B
Bones1768 Offline
B
What the heck is going on?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Bones1768] #227701 03/11/14 01:35 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
The board voted against the wishes of the State Body, I'm pretty sure illegally, to allow High School kids to enter the State Tournament a week late. This in and of itself is against the rules. High School kids were allowed, last minute, most people found out at the District Meeting. Too late to do anything about it. 14U and younger are not allowed this luxury. I am sending Jake just to prove a point.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227702 03/11/14 01:37 AM
in it to win it Offline
Probably should have been foresight rather than hindsight and a latent decision making process & an assumptive posture & every thing is fine?
So, should we allow all wrestlers participating in RMN to "show up" & expect to be 'seeded'?
RMN is not the only tournament going on this coming weekend. Its a decision making process. Sounds like a big bucket of manure!

Last edited by in it to win it; 03/11/14 01:40 AM.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Bones1768] #227703 03/11/14 01:38 AM
J
jerry davis Offline
J
If they allow one kid they should allow all.10u 64 division 2 only has a total of 8 kids. Oh and they wrestled a lot more matches this year than high school. Quit catering to high school. Not many places recruit off of high school kids tournaments. We should have state the weekend of high school regional or the week before
. This would solve all. Bring the 6u kids and forget high school. Start freestyle last two weeks of March. A lot of clubs should consider freestyle tournaments to earn more money.

Last edited by jerry davis; 03/11/14 01:45 AM.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: jerry davis] #227710 03/11/14 01:51 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
I have heard different stories, If a HS wrestler shows up on Fri night and makes weight and wrestles on Sat., takes first, is he/she seeded 1st for districts?? What if he/she makes weight shows up Sat. to wrestle but no one else is there to wrestle in his/her bracket, is he/she Champion and seeded 1st for Districts?

Make yourself better for the NEXT level
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #227716 03/11/14 02:05 AM
J
JamyD Offline
J
Who is this "magical board" I continue to hear about? It has to have some names associated with it....:)

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: JamyD] #227717 03/11/14 02:09 AM
S
Sig Offline
S
So can I take all my kids that don't qualify at our Subs, regardless of age and weight, to this other District and get them in? What District is allowing this 2 or 3 or both? From above it appears 1 and 4 are not allowing it. We will do it, what the heck, I also have kids that had Spring Break conflicts but they will be back in time for Districts so I can take them there and get them in also.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #227720 03/11/14 02:37 AM
Cokeley Offline
I personally believe that ALL members of the Kids Executive Board are doing what they feel is in the best interests of our wrestlers. The motive to eliminate HS subs was to eliminate unnecessary travel, cost, and free up the weekend. There were some ancillary benefits THIS YEAR but they may not be available next year so this action was NOT really about the RMN event.

The fact is that ANYONE who is in a sub with 4 or less competitors can contact their district director to have their weigh in approved and not wrestle, defaulting to the lowest placing. NO ONE is on the USAWKS Kids or Corp Board to advance their personal agenda. The job requires attending several meetings, long drives, time away from family, and lots of patience. The Bylaws, as written today, are full of gray areas and loop holes. These were taken advantage of to eliminate the HS division sub district qualifier. Not one wrestler is harmed from this. They all get to wrestle in Districts and have the same opportunity to advance to state. It should not be viewed as harmful to try to allow more wrestlers more opportunities to compete.

I think the board members who had the courage to implement a positive change should be applauded. Being on the board is, generally speaking, a thankless job.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Cokeley] #227725 03/11/14 02:53 AM
Cokeley Offline
The District State Director and his/her two Assistant State Directors will determine the number of qualifiers from Sub District to District. Each District will have this responsibility.

This Bylaw allows each District to autonomously decide how to advance wrestlers to Districts. Two districts simply ruled it was not necessary to have a qualifier for districts. The district that REALLY didn't need any subdistricts elected to do so as the Director chose to leave the process up to a vote. District 2's Director and Assistant Directors made a decision without a vote. District 3 created a solution and it was passed by vote. District 1 went to a vote and decided to maintain the sub district qualifying process.

Bylaws can be changed. If you have issues please submit your suggestions per the process outlined in the Bylaws.

See RULES tab and Select Kids Bylaws

I promise no one on the board was trying to harm any wrestler or favor another. Consider: Cost of travel, low number of participants, high number of scratches in this Division, and the time wasted. The fiscally responsible decision is to eliminate HS subs.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Cokeley] #227727 03/11/14 03:20 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
I personally believe that ALL members of the Kids Executive Board are doing what they feel is in the best interests of our wrestlers. The motive to eliminate HS subs was to eliminate unnecessary travel, cost, and free up the weekend. There were some ancillary benefits THIS YEAR but they may not be available next year so this action was NOT really about the RMN event.

The fact is that ANYONE who is in a sub with 4 or less competitors can contact their district director to have their weigh in approved and not wrestle, defaulting to the lowest placing. NO ONE is on the USAWKS Kids or Corp Board to advance their personal agenda. The job requires attending several meetings, long drives, time away from family, and lots of patience. The Bylaws, as written today, are full of gray areas and loop holes. These were taken advantage of to eliminate the HS division sub district qualifier. Not one wrestler is harmed from this. They all get to wrestle in Districts and have the same opportunity to advance to state. It should not be viewed as harmful to try to allow more wrestlers more opportunities to compete.

I think the board members who had the courage to implement a positive change should be applauded. Being on the board is, generally speaking, a thankless job.

I call BS, I have tried in the past couple of years to get satellite's for subs and districts, to help with hotel expense's, and most of you said heck no (cheaters). Your saving how many parents money by taking out HS at Subs? Get rid of Subs altogehter or not, but don't blow smoke up our butt that the board feels "they are saving us money". It is harming the wrestlers (except the 50 that are going to CO) because the wrestlers that stay in Kansas don't get matches this weekend and haven't had a match in 2 or 3 weeks. Good luck guys in CO!!! In the past when someone wanted a change they had to bring it before the entire State body in Salina (in November) and it was voted on. The board cannot change the rules year to year on their own. Sounds a lot like our Federal government (Executive decision). I don't believe this is a positive change, except to the guys going to CO, which again good luck. Cokeley you are usually a "by the book" hard a$%, why is this ok, and announced 6 days before the first qualifing tourny? This could of been sent out electronically and voted on by every head coach in the state 2 weeks ago. I bet the board (and others) were scared to hear the coaches votes. Good luck Kansas at RMN!!!

Make yourself better for the NEXT level
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #227730 03/11/14 03:48 AM
Cokeley Offline
We tried to eliminate HS subs back in September. Everyone was on board to do so until the USA wrestling opportunity for high schools to purchase unlimited cards for $300. Some members became nervous that this would cause a huge influx of HS competitors. I called BS (you can find this in the minutes) but Dist 4 united and all voted to TABLE the motion until we had the numbers. The numbers were produced last week. They did not improve and it was not substantiated, especially in Dist 4, that we should not have Subs. Blame your District Director if you did not find out about this motion in your fall meeting or blame yourself if you didn't attend. I GUARANTEE that this had NOTHING to do with the Colorado opportunity. That was just a coincidental issue. ANYONE in HS can go to Colorado this weekend and still participate.

There is WAY more good in this issue than bad but only you can decide whether you choose to look for the good or the bad.

What is done is done. Lets move on and wrestle.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Cokeley] #227736 03/11/14 09:16 AM
bawoody Offline
I’m not quite sure what harm is being created by allowing kids to wrestle in TWO great events. I see no negative effects by our districts leaders in the decision they made. So what if the HS wrestlers don’t wrestle Subs, most of the HS wrestlers I have talked to are happy with the current decision to eliminate sub-districts.

Good luck to all this weekend wherever you may be wrestling.

Bruce Woodruff
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: bawoody] #227737 03/11/14 10:16 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
I have said over and over I think this is a good thing. The problem is how it was handled. Some Districts voted, and voted it down, some did not. Some are charging an entry fee for subs and some are not. This was decided by a secrete meeting the day of seeding for subs. Some Districts were told it was because the High School numbers were too low, some Districts were told it was to help an elite few.

The Board apparently is not together on this and it is causing confusion and distrust. If things need to be changed I am all for change. I am not for one or two guys making a decision that effects the entire state and being told to live with it. The board has lost a lot of credibility with the wrestling community. What are you going to do to get it back?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227744 03/11/14 11:12 AM
D
Daniel DRW Offline
D
I would like to think as a State promoting the sport that we would put everyone on the same qualifying series. Since these 2 Districts have created a different path can the other 2 districts that have kids who don’t qualify in their sub district wrestle at the other sites District tournament? Do they need to register this week? I’m pretty sure there is nothing in the Bylaw that says they have to register in their district.

Anybody have the answer?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Daniel DRW] #227749 03/11/14 11:29 AM
Beeson Offline OP
OP Offline
So are you suggesting that if you get beat out at D1 you can just re-enter at D2 or D3 for Districts and try again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)