Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227751 03/11/14 11:54 AM
D
Daniel DRW Offline
D
Asking more than suggesting but if there is not a qualifier for HS D2 and D3 they should be able to show up and wrestle also just like anyone else (even if they didn’t do RMN).

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Daniel DRW] #227759 03/11/14 12:52 PM
B
Bandidos Offline
B
YEP...please refer to HS topic "Calling all D1, D3, and D4 High School wrestlers". Join Team Bandidos today!

The bonds of brotherhood forged in sweat and blood will stand the test of time …Author Unknown
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Bandidos] #227761 03/11/14 12:56 PM
BigPin22 Offline
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Not if you are a middle school kid. That is why this should not have been shoved through so irresponsibly. This should have been thought out and voted on. Had it been done by the rules, it could have been amended to include the middle school kids.

I'm just curious why no one on the executive committee has the stones to try to defend this decisions.

Answer: They are wrong and they know they are wrong.
Chad:

As an older man my stones are not what they once were however I do still have them. As I stated at the District II seeding meeting, this was a rush decision which I readily take responsibility for. District II has ten (10) wrestlers participating on the Rocky Mountain Dual Team. The District II Director and the two Assistants Directors made the decision to allow the wrestlers to participate in the duals based on a presentation by the Executive Director. As you will recall, there was discussion at the District II meeting and the decision was made to allow the high school division to wrestle in an open tournament at their respective sub-district tournament. In Districts II and III the High School Division only will determine the qualifiers to the USAW Kansas Kids State Championship Tournament at their respective District Tournaments.

If the District II youth were not participating on a dual team against several other states dual teams and were only participating in the Open Tournament I would not have supported this decision. The dual team representing Team Kansas is the two or three time defending champion.

I am available to answer any further questions.

This post sure makes it appear that the change was made to support the elite wrestlers attending the RMN duals!

Last edited by BigPin22; 03/11/14 12:57 PM.

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227778 03/11/14 02:12 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
Why was sub district cancelled for high school in D2? To save money? Less Travel? Not enough Kids? Here are some facts as I read them....

1. There are 32 total brackets that were to be wrestled in D2 High school division this weekend. 16 of those are big enough brackets that kids would be eliminated. That's 50% of Brackets

2. In 8U there are 36 total brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 44.4% of Brackets

3. In 10u there are 40 brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 40% of Brackets.

4. In 12U there are 42 brackets with 13 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 30.9% of Brackets.

5. In 14U there are 46 brackets with 19 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 41.3% of brackets.

Why the special treatment for High School Kids. The rest of us are hard working parents that could use a financial saving of not going to SUBS.

PS.... There will $16540 in entry fees for this tournament. So what is really going on?

Last edited by bradbee; 03/11/14 02:45 PM.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: bradbee] #227785 03/11/14 02:22 PM
A
ath618 Offline
A
The number of age and weight classes with less than 16 competitors in the state is as follows.

8U-125 11 Wrestlers
10U-52 9 Wrestlers 1-will be eliminated before state
10U-170 12 Wrestlers
12U-215 8 Wrestlers
12U-240 4 Wrestlers
14U-75 5 Wrestlers
14U-80 11 Wrestlers
14U-265 12 Wrestlers 2 will be eliminated before state
HS-100 10 Wrestlers 1 will be eliminated before state
HS-250 10 Wrestlers

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: ath618] #227792 03/11/14 02:42 PM
T
THE-RYLANTS Offline
T
I think we are missing the problems here

1. I don't know one person who thinks that they should pay for a tourney not wrestled.

2. Life is about choices. Our leaders should look at what is for the greater good. Doing what is better for a select few wrestlers just so that they do not have to chose between 2 tournaments is not what is better for the majority of the wrestlers.

3. There are multiple tournaments available to enter every week and we don't get to wrestle them all...we choose.

4. How is it okay for some of the kids in these brackets. For instance there are brackets with 15 kids, which means while everyone else in the state gets to wrestle 2-3 matches to qualify, if one of these lucky wrestlers looses first match he will have to wrestle 5 times to place and 6 times to get third.

5. We need to remain a democracy and allow fair voting and not limit it to a few greedy coaches who are simply in it for team points or the glory of possibly having one more state placer.

6. CHOOSE to be part of an awesome dual team representing Kansas or CHOOSE to wrestle in one of the (up until now) greatest qualifying series.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: THE-RYLANTS] #227793 03/11/14 02:50 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
I have the chance to get tickets to the NCAA national Finals the week of Districts... I don't want to have to choose... Can we skip District and go right to state? We are in D2

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: bradbee] #227795 03/11/14 03:00 PM
S
snow Offline
S
so we have the choice to go to D3 also if we want to wrestle district we just need a club to take us in or make a club?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: snow] #227798 03/11/14 03:10 PM
A
ath618 Offline
A
Here is how many weight classes who would have 8 or less wrestlers in a bracket at the district level.
D1-30
D2-43
D3-41
D4-61

That is 175 wrestlers and their families that will have to attend a sub-district qualifier. All but 4 will NOT have to wrestle to make it to districts. If we are trying to save money (as some have said) Why have a sub-district tournament for any of these families? They could get together on the Friday before districts, have a seeding meeting to determine the brackets.

And how many HS kids going to RMN are actually going to wrestle in the kids state?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: ath618] #227802 03/11/14 03:18 PM
B
Bandidos Offline
B
ath618...I am not sure how many are going to wrestle at State but if they want to they are welcome to join Team Bandidos! We are going to D2 in Andover!

bandido.usawks@gmail.com

Last edited by Bandidos; 03/11/14 03:20 PM.

The bonds of brotherhood forged in sweat and blood will stand the test of time …Author Unknown
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Beeson] #227821 03/11/14 04:05 PM
S
snow Offline
S
Well I know there will be a kid 12under or whatever age show up to wrestle at D2 and if you say no your not HS to bad. You break the rules for one you better break it for all....I see lawsuit in the works

Like Chad said to send one to prove a point.

Last edited by snow; 03/11/14 04:05 PM.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #227830 03/11/14 05:40 PM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Originally Posted By: DannyB
I have heard different stories, If a HS wrestler shows up on Fri night and makes weight and wrestles on Sat., takes first, is he/she seeded 1st for districts?? What if he/she makes weight shows up Sat. to wrestle but no one else is there to wrestle in his/her bracket, is he/she Champion and seeded 1st for Districts?

This was a question, and this is for District #2. Just need an answer so I know whether to tell my HS wrestlers yes they are going Fri. or no they get another weekend off. (just what they need)

Make yourself better for the NEXT level
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #227838 03/11/14 06:34 PM
P
Purple_Freak Offline
P
Danny- Please don't take my word as the final say by any means but according to the email I got from Richard it says that a wrestler has the choice to wrestle Saturday in an "Open" tournament. By this I would guess that any placing received does not move forward for district...I believe they are having another seeding meeting for District for the high school.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Purple_Freak] #227854 03/11/14 07:57 PM
M
M Fisher Offline
M
It depends what you mean by "any placing received at Subs does not move forward to Districts." For example, if Billy and Danny both wrestle Subs and Billy wins, then you can't justify giving Danny a seed over Billy at Districts.

Max Fisher
316-655-5750
Kansas Young Guns

Last edited by M Fisher; 03/11/14 07:59 PM.
Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Purple_Freak] #227883 03/12/14 03:04 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Once again I call BS! Thank u P Freak, and Fisher, after all this is over I hope these people are happy. Trust me I understand the monetary investment in this sport, being from SEK, having to travel atleast 2 hours to get to big tourney's, but at least we have always known and planned on Subs, Dist. and State. I'm glad someone has taken full responsibility for this, but that still doesn't mean &$)(.. Seeding on Sat. what a freaking joke, just draw numbers, DA. This change has completely changed how a responsible business (corporation) is operated. That being (Kansas Wrestling) you big Whigs complain about how USA Wrestling has changed stuff and how it has effected Kansas, and how important the State body is to this sport, then you go and change the rules (for your districts wrestlers benefits) at the last minute. Two years ago any changes to by-laws had to be presented to the State Body in Nov. and the proposal had to be in writing to the State board well before that. Jeff Smith from Derby tried to get double dipping changed midway throughout the season, guess what didn't happen, why, because he had to take it to the State board. (I think that is what he wanted changed) I guess you make changes so a few can excel, while the rest of us follow the rules. Sorry Jeff

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: bradbee] #227884 03/12/14 03:09 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Originally Posted By: bradbee
Why was sub district cancelled for high school in D2? To save money? Less Travel? Not enough Kids? Here are some facts as I read them....

1. There are 32 total brackets that were to be wrestled in D2 High school division this weekend. 16 of those are big enough brackets that kids would be eliminated. That's 50% of Brackets

2. In 8U there are 36 total brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 44.4% of Brackets
Look at how many from D2 are going to RMN.

3. In 10u there are 40 brackets with 16 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 40% of Brackets.

4. In 12U there are 42 brackets with 13 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 30.9% of Brackets.

5. In 14U there are 46 brackets with 19 big enough for kids to be eliminated. That's 41.3% of brackets.

Why the special treatment for High School Kids. The rest of us are hard working parents that could use a financial saving of not going to SUBS.

PS.... There will $16540 in entry fees for this tournament. So what is really going on?

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: bradbee] #227885 03/12/14 03:12 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Originally Posted By: bradbee

Look at how many D2 wrestlers are going to RMN! And they still get to pay $20 to a tourney they didn't attend

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: Purple_Freak] #227887 03/12/14 03:23 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Purple_Freak
Danny- Please don't take my word as the final say by any means but according to the email I got from Richard it says that a wrestler has the choice to wrestle Saturday in an "Open" tournament. By this I would guess that any placing received does not move forward for district...I believe they are having another seeding meeting for District for the high school.

Is the entry fee cheaper since it's an "open" tournament? Is it chartered, as an "open" tournament? Do they have separate insurance since 8-14u is sanctioned in the STATE qualifying series? No other tourney in Kansas can use State, Championship in their tournament name! Unless through USA Wrestling, and then it has to be approved! Don't believe this is legal and Kansas wrestling might get in a little bit of trouble from big daddy (USA Wrestling) because of some district and assistant district representatives.

Re: Jake Beeson Wrestling RMN this Weekend [Re: DannyB] #228015 03/13/14 10:39 AM
in it to win it Offline
We appear to look like "mental screwdrivers" adjusting to benefit whomever in the last 2 weeks to other USA-STATE kids fed's. This is quite embarassing and lacks integrity. Still can't understand why except for the defending HS DUAL team at RMN.
And Team Bandidos are they reallly legit? Especially with some of the District names attached? Haven't heard a word on the $50 late penalty for late registration. ....And then the irony of a member of the board threatening a litigious suit? And PM name calling? Seriously!
Choices, Rules, Options!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)